• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Suggest me some Pokés for BW's in-game

Re: Suggest me some Pokés for BW's in-game

Indeed. Over the course of a semester of battling against friends (and in-game) with my Black team, my galvantula missed with Thunder maybe three or four times.

Theoretically it misses 9 times out of 100 uses. (Which, for ingame especially, is very acceptable; after all, Blizzard was used in the days of RBY.)

very acceptable, to be sure, but so long as it is imperfect, ensure you have contingency plans.

... I prepare for butterfree missing with powders, too, okay.

Scrafty is advantaged against everyone but Marshal. Scrafty's ugly and a jerk, though :(
Ugly? Scrafty is beautiful. <3

I would recommend Scrafty (because awesomeness) and Whimsicott (because of prankster). They were my main attacking force in my first run through (because I hated Oshawott's evo).

I also used Krookodile in my first run but I stopped using her because Scrafty was better. I also enjoyed using a Stoutland in my nuzlocke, its powerful and has all the fang moves but evolving it can be a pain. Jellicent is good if you don't mind the lack of speed. It can take special hits like they are nothing, which is good for when you are up against grass types. And finally, I recommend Zebstrika because it can hit quite hard.

I loved this gen. It had a lot of good Pokemon in it, unlike the last one.

Is Leavanny any good? I know its type is the same as *gasp* Parasect, which means it's horrible, but maybe it's not so bad.

I wanted a Mandibuzz so much but it only learns Brave Bird at, like, L60.

And please no Lilligant. I have small tolerance with cute Pokémon, but Lilligant pushes the envelope.

B-b-but look past its appearance and see Petal Dance with Own Tempo!

Is Leavanny any good? I know its type is the same as *gasp* Parasect, which means it's horrible, but maybe it's not so bad.

It's... better than Parasect? I love Leavanny but Grass and Bug is ridiculously bad coverage.

I wanted a Mandibuzz so much but it only learns Brave Bird at, like, L60.

And please no Lilligant. I have small tolerance with cute Pokémon, but Lilligant pushes the envelope.

Any good? GOOD?! THAT THING IS WAY BETTER THAN PARASECT, by far. Parasect is reeally only bad because it learns pretty much NO grass type moves, or at least that's why I hate it so much. Leavanny learns some good grass types compared to Parasect, so, I'm pretty sure you can guess which one is better. =P

B-b-but look past its appearance and see Petal Dance with Own Tempo!

I haven't looked past Blissey in the GSC years, why would I do it with Lilligant?

Another thing that makes me not use Lilligant is that I'm playing Black. I know you can get one by trade in the game, but I don't like those traded Pokémon, they usually come with crap IVs.

Last edited:

I haven't looked past Blissey in the GSC years, why would I do it with Lilligant?

Another thing that makes me not use Lilligant is that I'm playing Black. I know you can get one by trade in the game, but I don't like those traded Pokémon, they usually come with crap IVs.

Actually, if I remember right, the Petlil you get through a trade has pretty good IVs, and I think a full 31 in Special Attack IVs. But I might be wrong.

And Leavanny is good. I speak from experience.

Also Eelektross>Zebstrika
No weaknesses yeah

True, if you want to piddle around with Tynamo's four moves (Tackle, Thunder Wave, Spark and Charge Beam) until level 39.

Also, I agree with LuckyLapras. While Leavanny's dual Bug/Grass typing is far from ideal, it comes with a pretty decent move pool for its much better-than-average Attack stat. Leaf Blade, X-Scissor AND Swords Dance all within 10 levels of each other.

True, if you want to piddle around with Tynamo's four moves (Tackle, Thunder Wave, Spark and Charge Beam) until level 39.

Also, I agree with LuckyLapras. While Leavanny's dual Bug/Grass typing is far from ideal, it comes with a pretty decent move pool for its much better-than-average Attack stat. Leaf Blade, X-Scissor AND Swords Dance all within 10 levels of each other.

Training up a Tynamo is hard (I should know, I've just done it), but it learns Crunch as soon as it evolves, so thats good.

And I know from experience that Parasect is bad. And plus, Bug/Grass is better than Grass/Poison. =P

i adore galvantula if you're willing to wait for your electric haha

Ok the team is as follows:

Emboar >>> have to use the starter
Leavanny >>> two 4x weaknesses is nothing for me, I used Rhydon and Rhyperior in-game in the past
Zebstrika >>> this thing is boss
Unfezant >>> might change this one
Krookodile >>> if I change Unfezant for Mandibuzz I'll maybe change this one
Carracosta >>> the filler Water type

The problem is that all of those Pokémon are physical... =( If I face a physical wall I'm screwed.

Uh...well my reccomendation is to catch a Throh quite early in game! :D

I'd take Unfezant off the team. It is not good. Even for an early-game bird. It has good Attack, but learns no good Physical Flying moves (except I think Sky Attack at a really high level). I'd suggest Siglyph as a replacement. It's a Special Attacker, too, so that's helpful.

Back
Top Bottom