• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

First Steps in Basalt and Granite Production!

kyeugh

onion witch
Pronoun
she/her
So today I realized that we just about wrapped up everything except the Pokèdex, so I figured I would begin making the actual game. The client I was going to use to make it was RPG Maker XP, but I figured out you have to pay! I mean, I'm twelve, that's not really an option for me. So I was wondering if any of you know any sort of program that has the same purpose and efficiency as RPGMXP, but for free. If not, I can suck it up and save for it, but it might take a while. :sweatdrop: Thank you!

Can you try modding an existing Pokemon game?

ETA: Game development is hard work. It's not really something that's done on a whim. You have to be prepared to work. Just don't get discouraged.

I don't know of any free things that are just like RPG Maker, but could a more general game making program work for you? It seems to be the case anyway that RPG Maker programs are for making a very very specific kind of game, and if you veer away from that, too bad.

Stencyl and Game Editor are both free and look promising! They were suggested as alternatives to Multimedia Fusion 2 here, so hopefully that means they're similarly good; Multimedia Fusion 2 is great for a no-code game maker, but it's expensive (I have it because my school gave me a copy).

Like sovram mentioned, though, is a game program exactly what you want? If you want it to be like the main series games, you'll have to build the entire battling system on your own, for one thing. This forum seems like a good place to get some ground there on editing the games. There are lots of other people there hacking the games, and you can look at different tools they have for doing it.

Also, just so you know, there's a lot you can do all by yourself! Pokemon 3D is a game that a kid programmed all by himself from scratch. Here is a video of it being played. Apparently he's eighteen and started the game when he was seventeen.

Back
Top Bottom