• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Fakedex Collab Club

Kung Fu Ferret

Yokai Of Despair
Pronoun
he/him/his
Rebooting my thread from another part of this forum.

Let's make another attempt at a Fakemon Region.

Members so far:
1. Kung Fu Ferret
2. I liek Squirtles
3. Nira
4. sv_01
5. Stryke
6. Cynder
7. Disaster Area

Last edited:
A. Scandinavia and surrounding regions (maybe even Greenland).

C. Norse mythology.

G. I think an entire Fakemon region would be awesome, but if not, Mega Milotic would be awesome.

A. Scandinavia and surrounding regions (maybe even Greenland).

C. Norse mythology.

G. I think an entire Fakemon region would be awesome, but if not, Mega Milotic would be awesome.

About your answer for C, I think the Kalos Trio is Norse based. Bulbapedia is your friend.

A. Iceland.
C. Legendary Dragonflies.
D. Some religious cult that worships an apocalypse-creating pokemon that will kill all life on earth if unleashed.
G. Mega-Scyther, I'd imagine it looking something like Gigan.

I just referenced 3 of Butterfree's works, can you find and name each of them?

Wait, what? Scyther isn't fully evolved.

I had a very, very long post typed up that elaborately answered every question you posed, but I had to close it, so I'll just answer a few for now.

A: Germany would be nice. The history and the castles there are basically begging for a Pokémon region.

E: Perhaps a steel/electric porcupine, or a ground/electric elephant shrew. It would be interesting to see a dark/ground ferret as well, as a play on the common misconception that ferrets are rodents.

G: Dusclops, luxray, arcanine, all the fossils, bouffalant, breloom, corsola, darmanitan, dragonite, pyroar, drifblim, dunsparce, girafarig, gliscor, exeggcutor, lapras, mamoswine, nidoking, nidoqueen, raichu, rotom, slowking, and all the starters.

My answers

A. New England (Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine, all in one).

B. Grass = Kiwi Bird, Fire = Snake, Water = Hippopotamus

C. Egyptian gods, the first two being based on either Set and Thoth OR Khepri and Khnum, with the third being either Hathor OR Ra.

D. A cult that wants to bring mass anarchy to the world and gradually wipe out humanity.

E. The fossils should be two of the most iconic ancient mammals: One will be a Mammoth, and the other a Smilodon.

F. As long as the final Gym of the region is a Dark-type gym, I don't care about anything else.

G. The fully evolved Johto Starters, Mienshao, Druddigon, Luxray, Mew, Dragonite, and Hawlucha

Ah, I remember my thing about the villainous team. If it is, indeed, set in Germany, something akin to Nazism would be interesting. Of course, it can't be too close, because that's awful, but having some uniformed baddies who want to wipe out humans (or Pokémon, for that matter) to create a masterrace would be interesting.

Additionally, I believe the Roman/Greek and Mesoamerican mythology has potential for legendaries. Quetzalcoatl would make an interesting Pokémon indeed.

Maybe a mix of all three. Typhon (the deadliest monster in all of classical mythology, ergo the most badass) versus Quetzalcoatl! I would play that so much. The question is, which Mesoamerican culture? Mayans, Incas, Aztecs? Maybe we can sneak some Taino stuff (the Puerto Rican natives) in there, too.

Team Flare did that. They wanted to wipe out the infidels while a certain caste, who all share similar characteristics (kind of pale, weird hair, be it in color or shape), survived. I think some other angle of Nazism (maybe make a Pokémon game with actual death in it, in the long term).

I just realized something. When I was in high school I did a report on Hinduism, and realized something about Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde.

Even though these three Legendaries from Kalos are apparently based on creatures from Norse Mythology, they also may represent the Trimurti.

Brahma the Creator is like Xerneas.
Shiva the Destroyer is like Yveltal.
Vishnu the Preserver is like Zygarde.

Maybe our mascot trio could represent Brains, Brawn, and Beauty?

I also came up with an Electric/Dark line based on Spotted Hyenas after reading that two of these animals were added to one of my local zoos.

I also want a Mega Rhyperior.

C. Combined Rock-types representing geological influences. Mascots could just be the one representing life's effect (part Grass) and the magma guy, with the games being Amber/Obsidian, but it could be a quartet with water and wind legends. Probably all resembling prehistoric reptiles.

G. Is Volcarona getting one? Because if Tyranitar got a Mega...

A. New England (Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine, all in one).
D. A cult that wants to bring mass anarchy to the world and gradually wipe out humanity.

Could they try to do so by awakening a giant squid dragon legendary under the sea?

Well, Cthulhu did show up in Digimon, and New England is associated with Lovecraft.

The fossils could be a raptor (Dark) and a Stegosaurus (Grass maybe?).

The fossils could be a raptor (Dark) and a Stegosaurus (Grass maybe?).
/sniffs the air

I smell... an undeveloped idea! The stegosaurus is a good concept, but putting Grass on it for lack of a better typed is uninspired and forced. The types should come as the result of an idea, not be the founding concept, unless you're looking to make a unique type combination or something, which doesn't really seem to be the case here.

There are lots of ideas pertaining to the use of the stegosaurus' back plates, which are the only things that make stegosaurus stand out against the low-tiered, mind-numbed plant eaters that make up most of the dinosaur kingdom. The two ideas that would make the best Pokémon are that the plates regulated temperature (solar panels, anyone?), or that they change colour (er, Colour Change). So perhaps Rock/Fire, or Rock/Psychic depending on which idea you use?

...Of course, these are just suggestions. If sv_01 had an underlying concept that she didn't mention, use it by all means.

If the fossils are a Mammoth and a Smilodon, they would be part (Ice or Poison) and part (Dark) respectively.

Ice if it's a Woolly Mammoth (due to their remains found in permafrost), but the Imperial Mammoth would be part Poison (due to them being most commonly found preserved in tar pits).

I saw some other fakes that were based on Smilodon that have been part Normal, Electric, Ice, or even Ghost. But Dark would be the best bet in my opinion.

Come on, Gigan is obviously Mega Haxorus.

low-tiered, mind-numbed plant eaters

Are you talking about the really big ones, or the awesome armored/shielded ones that inspired Aggron/Anguirus?

The two ideas that would make the best Pokémon are that the plates regulated temperature (solar panels, anyone?), or that they change colour (er, Colour Change).

A secondary-type Color Change?

Oh, I also have this idea for a mayfly-based Pokémon. It wouldn't be the regional bug, but it would have three stages, although not in the usual bug way.
First stage: Bug/Water, Shed Skin, evolves at level 23 (or just 22?)
Second stage: Bug/Flying, Swarm, probably learns four moves (one of them being Attract) at evolution level, evolves at level 24
Third stage: Bug/Ghost, Levitate, would probably still have genders

Come on, Gigan is obviously Mega Haxorus.

Are you talking about the really big ones, or the awesome armored/shielded ones that inspired Aggron/Anguirus?

Oh, I also have this idea for a mayfly-based Pokémon. It wouldn't be the regional bug, but it would have three stages, although not in the usual bug way.
First stage: Bug/Water, Shed Skin, evolves at level 23 (or just 22?)
Second stage: Bug/Flying, Swarm, probably learns four moves (one of them being Attract) at evolution level, evolves at level 24
Third stage: Bug/Ghost, Levitate, would probably still have genders

Oh yeah, Mayflies only live for a day. Very creative!

Well, neither, really. Some of them are big, I suppose, but for the most part, I'm just talking about the generally uninteresting dinosaurs like plateosaurus that you rarely hear about.
Well, yeah. There's even a pseudo-precedent for that, with greninja getting Protean.

Back
Top Bottom