Notices

Old 08-25-2014, 06:33 PM
Still loves Joltik, though!

Pronoun: she
Butterfree is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Butterfree
Default Re: Doctor Who Club

Deep Breath
Deep Breath was actually the most I've genuinely loved a Doctor Who episode in a long time. Meh on the dinosaur/slapstick/hey-look-we-have-lesbians-and-they're-married-remember-the-married-lesbians, but it hit all of my Doctor Who buttons with all the discussion of the Doctor wearing youthful faces in the hope that people will like and accept him more that way, and his Ship of Theseus rant, and him insisting murder isn't in his basic programming only to later quietly admit he was lying before dropping the robot he kind of identifies with to be horribly impaled, and Eleven calling to tell Clara to stay with Twelve because he's terrified and really needs her even if he's not showing it. And I really appreciated the little "The Doctor/companion relationship will be actually platonic this time around, thank you very much." And I liked the multiple scenes of Clara being terrified out of her wits and doing a damn good job dealing with it.

Also, the Doctor's horror at having Peter Capaldi's face and ranting that his eyebrows want to secede from his face was the most hilarious.

I think I'm going to like Twelve, if this episode was any indication.

Last edited by Butterfree; 08-25-2014 at 06:49 PM.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:40 AM
Uh, I didn't do it.

Pronoun: She
Phantom is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfree View Post
Deep Breath

Also, the Doctor's horror at having Peter Capaldi's face and ranting that his eyebrows want to secede from his face was the most hilarious.

That bit made me actually laugh quite a bit. I have high hopes for Twelve.
Old 08-31-2014, 12:03 AM
Says "also" and "or something" a lot

Pronoun: He
Murkrow is on a distinguished road

Into the Dalek
I don't really have much to say about this one. I liked it, but I can't really point out specific things that I did like. I know I'm always pointing out bad things but I don't want it to sound like a bad thing when I say the reason I liked it was because I didn't dislike it like I do with recent Doctor Who episodes.

I do like the direction they're taking with Peter Capaldi, it seems like "Am I good?" is going to be a recurring theme this series. Clara seems to be getting some characterisation how too.

The only nitpick big enough to mention: If Dalek guns can kill other Daleks, why don't the good guys use them themselves?

EDIT: Also I do really liked the few scenes of the Daleks on the Dalek ship. They were only about five seconds long but they really felt like Doctor Who, they reminded me of the classic era.

Last edited by Murkrow; 08-31-2014 at 04:10 PM.
Old 10-29-2014, 07:28 AM
Uh, I didn't do it.

Pronoun: She
Phantom is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Phantom

Serious? Almost the whole season's passing us by here guys.

Any opinions? Theories?

Myself, I'm not quite... into Twelve like I thought I'd be with the first episode. I just can't shake that 'new Doctor' feel with him. It's like he doesn't have a personality, or they are pushing his personality way too much. What do you people think?
Old 10-29-2014, 10:18 PM
There's gonna come a day when you feel better

Pronoun: she
RosesBones is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to RosesBones

I feel like I spend way too much time wanting to punch Twelve in the throat. He's just such a jerk a lot of the time.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:23 PM
Says "also" and "or something" a lot

Pronoun: He
Murkrow is on a distinguished road

I like how mean 12 has been. It was pretty much the only redeeming thing about the episode on the moon. If you view it as an episode to establish the Doctor as no longer thinking that everyone is special, and that he'll let other people make decisions that affect them etc, then it was an effective episode. Other than that I didn't like it. Too much making stuff up that doesn't make any sense.

(SPOILER for Most recent episode (the one with the forest in London)) Was okay. A bit of a coincidence that the girl who could see the glowy things happened to be in Clara's school. And I'm not quite sure what the connection was between her sister going missing and her starting to be able to see them.

There need to be either fewer episodes with children in them, or they need to find better child actors. At least they weren't as bad as the "please save me from the monsters" boy, though.

Tags
doctor who