The Cave of Dragonflies forums

Go Back   The Cave of Dragonflies forums > The Cave of Dragonflies > Forum Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #41  
Old 06-11-2012, 11:00 PM
Aisling's Avatar
AislingMOD Aisling is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: March 26, 2009
Posts: 2,099
Pronoun: She
Aisling is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What do you think of fellow forumgoers? (Again!)

Tarvos, you were Altmer? Wow, you used to be an asshole or something! I never would have known! You seem like a pretty cool guy. Usually agree with things you have to say.

Dannichu is someone I've never talked to much, probably because she's really cool and adorable and I'm always kind of afraid to approach people idk :[

res, does your brain just rear up and go "staek!", or does it turn into staek inside your head? You're usually pretty cryptic and chill, you seem pretty alright in general

Daturafurretwhoever OH MAN those days when TCoD had so much drama were the days. Never really talked to you because while you were active in those days I was just a little newbie and you were like, a celebrity or something (maybe that's the word I'm looking for to describe people who've been around longer than I have but I've never really talked to?). Also you and Chalumeau used to not get along for some reason? but I'm assuming that's blown over. Either way you seem a lot better these days?

Mai, I feel the same way about you as you feel about me I guess!

The extra N was what I went by when I played Final Fantasy XI, where I was originally going for Alraune but I guess it wouldn't let me because there were already monsters called Alraune (which I found out later), but I used that name everywhere and spelled it with two N's in case someone from FFXI would recognize me because of it. Of course nobody ever did and eventually I just started spelling it right.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 06-11-2012, 11:33 PM
1. Luftballon 1. Luftballon is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: June 24, 2008
Posts: 3,363
Pronoun: it
1. Luftballon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What do you think of fellow forumgoers? (Again!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazheirio889 View Post
Mysterious as in I can't gauge your personality as much. You're just... oh, like Mai puts it, kinda emotionless! Ish! idek

Fine, not really roundabout answers, but more like unhelpful, too-straightforward answers. :P



I uh I dunno 8D; We just haven't talked since so I wasn't really sure of your opinion of me, but now I feel better :D
(and that reminds me I still have to draw you that uguuDarkrai, don't I? Or uguuGengar, I think it was)
of course you can't gauge a res' personality, res have no personality. they are like stepford smilers. except not smiling. or pretending to be nice.

... I was quite sure I'd quashed that conception of res when I cried at timeline of the far future, but. apparently not.

haven't you drawn multple uguurai at this point? pretty sure it's the uguugar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mai View Post
Chalumeau: We've played some #mafia together which totally qualifies for me knowing you as a person, right? Sometimes it seems like you're used to weird rules, but then I realize that everyone is saying the same thing and apparently I GM weirdly. Oops. Your namechange confuses me, because even though sometimes I see how you used to be Vixie you seem like you've changed a lot! In a good way, I suppose; still, I see Viki and I want to think Vixie because of the V but.
I still think vixie and it's been forever since vixie has been vixie but names are pretty sticky in my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mai View Post
res: are you saying we're not friends
</3
of course <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alraune View Post
res, does your brain just rear up and go "staek!", or does it turn into staek inside your head? You're usually pretty cryptic and chill, you seem pretty alright in general
yes.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 06-12-2012, 12:05 AM
Kinova's Avatar
Kinova Kinova is offline
puppy-sized elephants
 
Join Date: June 25, 2008
Location: Wales, UK
Age: 26
Posts: 420
Pronoun: Female
Kinova is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Kinova
Default Re: What do you think of fellow forumgoers? (Again!)

YOU'RE ALL SUPER

No but really. Half the time I'm criminally lurker-ish and I go for extended periods without checking in here because I am fairly useless at maintaining use of a lot of sites at once, but when I am here - hoo boy! As a community you guys are one of the most thoughtful and smart and generally lovely internet gangs* I've come across.

I haven't talked to that many people here (at least not for a while!) but if I have spoken to you it's probably because I think you're pretty great. There are also lots of people who I haven't spoken to (eternally shy) who I think are pretty great and really that applies to most of the forum so if you're reading this I dare say I like you...!


*This place should have a gang sign.
__________________

||||||| DeviantArt Account - Tumblr - I do YouTube now, YouTube is cool |||||||

Avatars not made by me, but by someone much more awesome for creating them
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 06-12-2012, 02:28 AM
Autumn Autumn is offline
bye
 
Join Date: June 23, 2008
Posts: 4,634
Pronoun: she
Autumn is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What do you think of fellow forumgoers? (Again!)

(almost) nobody remembers me :D
(i am a background voice)
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 06-12-2012, 02:36 AM
Blastoise Fortooate's Avatar
Blastoise Fortooate Blastoise Fortooate is offline
Geographical!
 
Join Date: June 23, 2008
Location: Amabala
Age: 23
Posts: 4,782
Pronoun: He
Blastoise Fortooate is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Blastoise Fortooate
Default Re: What do you think of fellow forumgoers? (Again!)

OH RIGHT POLY

YOU ROCK

AND KNOW SO MUCH ABOUT MUSIC

AND I LURVE YOU
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 06-12-2012, 02:39 AM
AdrianeMOD Adriane is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: June 26, 2008
Location: Aiken, South Carolina
Age: 27
Posts: 1,914
Pronoun: she
Adriane is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What do you think of fellow forumgoers? (Again!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymetric Sesquialtera View Post
(almost) nobody remembers me :D
(i am a background voice)
I like you!
__________________
Hi! I'm currently in the process of moving and my internet access is rather sporadic! Please forgive me, especially those in my #mafia game! Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 06-12-2012, 02:41 AM
Zexion's Avatar
Zexion Zexion is offline
All the right shades, on the wrong page.
 
Join Date: August 21, 2011
Location: Kentucky
Age: 21
Posts: 1,012
Pronoun: he
Zexion has disabled reputation
Default Re: What do you think of fellow forumgoers? (Again!)

Awww, they beat me. But yes, Poly, I 'lurve' you!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 06-12-2012, 02:58 AM
Vipera Magnifica's Avatar
Vipera Magnifica Vipera Magnifica is offline
Snake Friend
 
Join Date: May 3, 2010
Location: United Snakes of America
Age: 24
Posts: 3,400
Pronoun: He
Vipera Magnifica is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What do you think of fellow forumgoers? (Again!)

Hurr, I am so antisocial, even on the internet.

But still, shoutout out to the people I still think are amazing, especially Lyra Heartstrings, Arylett (How I miss Arylett), Tarvos (mostly because of his kickass musical taste), Coloursfall, and RespectTheBlade.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 06-12-2012, 05:59 AM
Green Green is offline
pew
 
Join Date: November 28, 2009
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,129
Pronoun: he
Green is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What do you think of fellow forumgoers? (Again!)

blastoise is a really cool guy. he always takes things in stride, but still manages to find time for other people and be well-rounded. that's hard to find these days and i really respect him.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 06-12-2012, 07:37 AM
Blastoise Fortooate's Avatar
Blastoise Fortooate Blastoise Fortooate is offline
Geographical!
 
Join Date: June 23, 2008
Location: Amabala
Age: 23
Posts: 4,782
Pronoun: He
Blastoise Fortooate is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Blastoise Fortooate
Default Re: What do you think of fellow forumgoers? (Again!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green View Post
blastoise is a really cool guy. he always takes things in stride, but still manages to find time for other people and be well-rounded. that's hard to find these days and i really respect him.
Do you think that this could count as a letter of recommendation? :D

Green kinda disamappeared on us and that is a sad. BUT I STILL LIKE HIM
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 06-12-2012, 01:21 PM
Autumn Autumn is offline
bye
 
Join Date: June 23, 2008
Posts: 4,634
Pronoun: she
Autumn is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What do you think of fellow forumgoers? (Again!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoise Fortooate View Post
OH RIGHT POLY

YOU ROCK

AND KNOW SO MUCH ABOUT MUSIC

AND I LURVE YOU
what because my name is polymetric sesquialtera xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalumeau View Post
I like you!
for whatever reason I got the impression that you didn't some time ago. I am pleasantly surprised!
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 06-12-2012, 01:42 PM
Tarvos's Avatar
Tarvos Tarvos is offline
helt plötsligt blev det tyst
 
Join Date: November 30, 2008
Location: Netherlands
Age: 29
Posts: 3,079
Pronoun: He
Tarvos is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Tarvos Send a message via Yahoo to Tarvos
Default Re: What do you think of fellow forumgoers? (Again!)

Quote:
'Tarvos: Uhm I feel like you try to be a good guy but you don't take direction that well. Sometimes I think you're pretty cool, but a lot of times I disagree with you pretty hard and find it difficult when you don't listen.
Hahaha, yeah, I know, I get this criticism quite a lot because I'm fairly inflexible opinion-wise. I don't know whether that's a fault (as it was more fluid when I was younger) but nowadays I kind of seem to be settling in some sort of moral groove which suits me as a person and which suits my development (people change), but it's always been the case that I'm not someone who banks on a lot of outside development to progress his opinions. Also, perhaps you should consider that sometimes I don't want to listen to you because I plain disagree, and a regurgitation of ideas is something that really makes me throw up. I got the point the first/second time, the fiftieth makes it sound like it's a broken record.

I recognise that this is something I do but hey.

Oh Jolty, it's quite funny you're here. I do remember you from way back but you disappeared and I saw a post and was like JOLTY'S BACK - WHERE DID THAT COME FROM???
__________________
Men du om nĺn borde förstĺ att man inte gör sĺhär mot mig
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 06-12-2012, 02:42 PM
pathos's Avatar
pathos pathos is offline
doot doot
 
Join Date: July 4, 2010
Age: 19
Posts: 2,534
Pronoun: It/Him
pathos is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What do you think of fellow forumgoers? (Again!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarvos View Post
Hahaha, yeah, I know, I get this criticism quite a lot because I'm fairly inflexible opinion-wise. I don't know whether that's a fault (as it was more fluid when I was younger) but nowadays I kind of seem to be settling in some sort of moral groove which suits me as a person and which suits my development (people change), but it's always been the case that I'm not someone who banks on a lot of outside development to progress his opinions. Also, perhaps you should consider that sometimes I don't want to listen to you because I plain disagree, and a regurgitation of ideas is something that really makes me throw up. I got the point the first/second time, the fiftieth makes it sound like it's a broken record.

I recognise that this is something I do but hey.
... Yeah, but when a minority disagrees with you about something in which they have more say than you, you really should listen.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 06-12-2012, 04:06 PM
Tarvos's Avatar
Tarvos Tarvos is offline
helt plötsligt blev det tyst
 
Join Date: November 30, 2008
Location: Netherlands
Age: 29
Posts: 3,079
Pronoun: He
Tarvos is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Tarvos Send a message via Yahoo to Tarvos
Default Re: What do you think of fellow forumgoers? (Again!)

Not necessarily, if I think I'm right ;)

Also, me reading what you write doesn't mean I have to change my stance to match yours. That's equally arrogant.
__________________
Men du om nĺn borde förstĺ att man inte gör sĺhär mot mig
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 06-12-2012, 05:02 PM
pathos's Avatar
pathos pathos is offline
doot doot
 
Join Date: July 4, 2010
Age: 19
Posts: 2,534
Pronoun: It/Him
pathos is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What do you think of fellow forumgoers? (Again!)

The fact that you think this comes down to arrogance is utterly baffling. In the end, you're a white cis hetero dude (etc. etc. etc.) who thinks he gets to tell people who are oppressed what is right and wrong in regards to their oppression, and regardless of the times where you can be decent, I grow really tired of the increasing times where you are not.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 06-12-2012, 05:07 PM
AdrianeMOD Adriane is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: June 26, 2008
Location: Aiken, South Carolina
Age: 27
Posts: 1,914
Pronoun: she
Adriane is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What do you think of fellow forumgoers? (Again!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymetric Sesquialtera View Post
for whatever reason I got the impression that you didn't some time ago. I am pleasantly surprised!
But you're a music dork. That doesn't make any sense!
__________________
Hi! I'm currently in the process of moving and my internet access is rather sporadic! Please forgive me, especially those in my #mafia game! Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 06-12-2012, 05:18 PM
Jolty's Avatar
Jolty Jolty is offline
FOR THE YARD!!!!
 
Join Date: June 24, 2008
Location: Driftveil City
Age: 26
Posts: 1,548
Pronoun: He
Jolty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What do you think of fellow forumgoers? (Again!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathos View Post
Yeah, it's so funny hurting other people! Being a bully is the best :)
gimme yer lunch money, nerd
bullying =/= being a wind up merchant (which as i said before, i usually don't even try to do)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mai View Post
Jolty: You can be a jerk, and the no caps thing just sort of... accentuates it. Sometimes you seem like you could be a fun person to be around, but laughing at people when they post in the Grr Thread?
how does not typing with caps make me seem like more of a jerk i don't understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathos View Post
The fact that you think this comes down to arrogance is utterly baffling. In the end, you're a white cis hetero dude (etc. etc. etc.) who thinks he gets to tell people who are oppressed what is right and wrong in regards to their oppression, and regardless of the times where you can be decent, I grow really tired of the increasing times where you are not.
he's a white cis straight guy therefore HE CAN'T HAVE AN OPINION!!!1 right
all the arrogance i see around here is from all the genderqueer people because they think they're all ~*enlightened*~ and whatnot and think they're experts on pretty much anything. a lot of them also sound REALLY condescending most of the time.

oh and the whole thing about how if you're not oppressed in whatever way that is relevant to the topic, you're wrong. :)
tcod is like a mini tumblr sometimes i swear.
__________________
persian-alolasandshrew-alola
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 06-12-2012, 05:31 PM
pathos's Avatar
pathos pathos is offline
doot doot
 
Join Date: July 4, 2010
Age: 19
Posts: 2,534
Pronoun: It/Him
pathos is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What do you think of fellow forumgoers? (Again!)

Honestly, why are you even here? You seem to post here only to hate on everyone and tell people how they're stupid and ridiculous, and then whine about how we make you feel 'sad' or something. Why do you stay?
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 06-12-2012, 05:45 PM
Espeon's Avatar
EspeonMOD Espeon is offline
Mmhm...
 
Join Date: June 23, 2008
Location: UK
Age: 26
Posts: 1,429
Pronoun: He
Espeon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What do you think of fellow forumgoers? (Again!)

I realise this is a "what do you think of x..." thread but could we please be slightly more civil/less abrasive about expressing distaste towards other users, please?
__________________
oßo quack quack
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 06-12-2012, 06:15 PM
Autumn Autumn is offline
bye
 
Join Date: June 23, 2008
Posts: 4,634
Pronoun: she
Autumn is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What do you think of fellow forumgoers? (Again!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalumeau View Post
But you're a music dork. That doesn't make any sense!
so just being a musical dork is grounds for liking me? :D
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Pokémon, Pikachu and all other Pokémon characters © Nintendo, Game Freak and Creatures Inc. The Cave of Dragonflies, content, styles, etc. © Butterfree/Dragonfree/antialiasis.
Forum now hosted by Eevee's HQ.