• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Magical Sextuple Rotation Battle

Superbird

Fire emblem is great
[size=+2]pathos vs Dragon vs The Omskivar vs Murkrow vs Wargle vs Meursault[/size]

Format: 1 vs 1 vs 1 vs 1 vs 1 vs 1 (six trainers, one pokemon per trainer)
Style: set
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned/Restricted Moves: Attract, OHKO’s, direct healing
Arena Description: Hogwarts, School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

“Hogwarts Castle is a large, seven-story high building supported by magic, with a hundred and forty two staircases throughout its many towers and turrets and very deep dungeons. The castle was built in the late Early Middle Ages (c. 993) by a wizard architect and the four most celebrated wizards of the age: Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw and Salazar Slytherin. The Castle houses Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, regarded as the finest wizarding school in the world.

Hogwarts is built in a valley area — surrounding mountains are part of the landscape — with the fairly large Great Lake to the south of the main building. The huge main oak front doors leading into the Entrance Hall face the west, and open up to sloping lawns. The deep Forbidden Forest extends around to the west of the Castle. There are also exterior greenhouses and vegetable patches on the school grounds.”
link

To make things a bit simpler, we'll be staying around the grounds leading up to Hagrid's Cabin and the Forbidden Forest, around near the Great Lake.

Additional Rules: Three pokemon will be out at a time, and will rotate one out each round. For example:

- First round, trainers 1, 2 and 3.
- Second round, trainers 2, 3 and 4.
- Third round, trainers 4, 5 and 6.
etc.

While a trainer is rotated out, their pokemon is not affected by battle, so even things like poison wouldn’t wear on them (like being rotated out in a rotation battle). The rounds where they are rotated out do not count for effects wearing off (like confusion, etc.).

Each trainer’s chosen pokemon will be PM’d to the ref, and can be chosen from their entire squad, including those in the PC.

I'm not listing everyone's pokémon here, because that would take far too long. You all know what pokémon you have, and if you're curious about each other's possible choices, you can view each other's profiles: pathos, Dragon, The Omskivar, Murkrow, Wargle, and Meursault.

To start the battle
~Everyone PM's me their pokémon choices
~I post pokémon choices and establish command order
~Commands happen in said order
~Commence Magical Madness

Last edited:
All right, all the battlers have sent in their pokémon choices:

Murkrow: murkrow Bendigeidfran - Murkrow (♂) <Super Luck>
pathos: clefablelife-orb Tye - Clefable (♂) <Magic Guard> @Life Orb [1 EXP]
The Omskivar: tepiglucky-egg Porkpie - Tepig (♀) <Blaze> @Lucky Egg
Meursault: pipluplucky-egg Ami - Piplup (♀) <Torrent> @Lucky Egg
Wargle: skrelplucky-egg Glauert - Skrelp (♂) <Adaptability> @Lucky Egg
Dragon: deerlingiron-ball delicious venison - Deerling (♂) <Sap Sipper> @Iron Ball [2 EXP]

The battle's order will be as follows:
Wargle (1) > Meursault (2) > pathos (3) > Dragon (4) > Murkrow (5) > The Omskivar (6)

For round 1, the battlers will be Wargle and Glauert; Meursault and Ami; and, pathos and Tye. You will command in that order, posting commands in the thread.

Alright then. Let's try to get this going. Start off by using Toxic on Tye. Then we can start to do work. Venom Drench him then venoshock. If you can;t hit Tye with Toxic use it till it works. If you can't hit it for any reason other than a substitute and it's poisoned, use Acid Armor. If it's stopping you from posioning by safeguard or if it's already statused use Acid Armor and then Venoshock, don't try to Drench.

Toxic @ Tye/Acid Armor ~ Venom Drench/Toxic @ Tye/Acid Armor ~ Venoshock/Toxic @ Tye/Acid Armor

ami, why don't you know metal claw yet. disgraceful. i love you anyway.

open up with a mud sport because clefable's movepool remains terrifying - and maybe Tye will take the opportunity to get a supereffective hit before it instead of safeguarding from the toxic. follow that up with a couple Hydro Pumps in his general direction. if he Light Screens, provide some Rock Tombs instead. make a 15% substitute if he protects on the second or third actions.

Mud Sport ~ Hydro Pump @Tye/Rock Tomb @Tye/Substitute (25%) x2

Last edited:
Why everyone targets me.......

Wow Tye, we're actually faster than both our opponents, that's pretty special. Let's take advantage and go for a max clone Double Team. Make sure you're nowhere near Ami so none of that mud splatters on you or your clones. Also, wait until after the toxic has hit you, since we can't avoid it anyway and I don't want your clones disappearing right away. Hm, I think we have to Encore that toxic, too, and finish with a Solarbeam aimed towards Ami.

Double Team ~ Encore @ Glauert ~ Solarbeam @ Ami

This was far from a normal battle - six people? That’s just crazy. But when the idea was clarified, and it turned out it was actually only three of them at a time, the ref was a bit more okay with it - after all, he’d reffed a three-way battle before.

But the format of this battle wasn’t all that was different from usual. The arena, too, was unusual, although it was certainly one of the more normal locales Asber had made their way to, and with all the other strange things that happen on Hogwart’s grounds, a pokémon battle wouldn’t be all that out of place.

Rather than spontaneously appearing in the arena, as Asberians are apt to do, they were only able to teleport to right outside the castle’s grounds, and then they had to walk all the way there. A couple of young wizards and witches started to come to see the apparent muggles who were still somehow on Hogwarts’s grounds and were using some sort of magic they weren’t familiar with to summon elemental monsters.

One by one, the trainers released their pokémon - a dark, raven-like bird that fit right in with Hogwarts’s aesthetic; a pudgy pink fairy about twice its size that did the opposite; a small, orange pig-like pokémon; an equally small blue penguin; a grotesque-looking seahorse; and a deer. The trainers and pokémon stood in a circle, waiting for the battle to start, and the ref stalled them until Hagrid came from his hut near the battlefield and, as promised, helped them out a bit by giving the referee levitation powers and setting some borders on the battlefield. With a wave of his umbrella, the wizard created a large and moderately sturdy, but nonetheless sufficient, translucent wall of energy around the first three battlers. With that done, all that remained was for the battle to begin, and the ref quickly waved one flag to signal just that.

Round 1

Wargle
skrelp.png
lucky-egg
Glauert - Skrelp (♂)
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Type: Poison / Water
Ability: Adaptability
Condition: Somewhat uncaring about the surroundings.
Commands: Toxic@Tye / Acid Armor ~ Venom Drench / Toxic@Tye / Acid Armor ~ Venoshock / Toxic@Tye / Acid Armor

Meursault
pipluplucky-egg
Ami - Piplup (♀)
Type: Water
Ability: Torrent
Condition: Bubbly and curious.
Commands: Mud Sport ~ Hydro Pump @Tye/Rock Tomb @Tye/Substitute (25%)

pathos
clefablelife-orb
Tye - Clefable (♂)
Type: Fairy
Ability: Magic Guard
Condition: In a good mood.
Commands: Double Team ~ Encore @ Glauert ~ Solarbeam @ Ami

Dragon
deerling-summeriron-ball
Delicious Venison - Deerling (♂)
Type: Normal / Grass
Ability: Sap Sipper.
Condition: Apprehensive.

Murkrow
murkrow
Bendigeidfran - Murkrow (♀)
Type: Dark / Flying
Ability: Super Luck
Condition: Liking this place.

The Omskivar
tepiglucky-egg
Porkpie - Tepig (♀)
Type: Fire
Ability: Blaze
Condition: Excited.

No one acted immediately, save for Ami, who dived straight into the mud and began to roll around in it. Glauert looked on somewhat apprehensively, fearing a possible ground-type attack, while he charged up a ball of toxins to throw at Tye. Which he did, and though the Clefable cringed as the toxins seeped into his skin, it didn't stop him from rapidly accelerating in a circle, reaching a speed so fast that he began to leave after-images of himself, that curiously remained even after he'd finished moving. He now had a clone army. And with that clone army, he decided to goad his opponent into doing the same thing again. In unison, all of the Clefable clones began to speak, complimenting Glauert on his efforts and trying to advise him on how better to aim the attack. He began to take on the persona of a coach, and he told Glauert that he wanted to see him succeed, three times in a row, because that was what it would take to commit it to muscle memory.

His speech was cut short as another one of his clones disappeared, being replaced by a huge blast of water that ripped through the arena and slammed with significant force against the magical barrier at the edge. Ami stared blankly as she finished the attack - had she missed? Really? After laughing like that? And did Glauert just hit the real Tye right on the forehead? Oh, she felt so pathetic. She would have to make that up right now!

Trying to recover her pride, the Piplup quickly readied another Hydro Pump and released it without delay, and without any clones to worry about this time, the blast of water hit its mark and sent Tye flying. As he helplessly bounced off the edge of the arena, trying to regain his balance and footing, Glauert was following his instructions, and dutifully launched his second Toxic attack, which hit Tye squarely in the chest before the Clefable had a chance to attempt to dodge the attack. The Clefable grunted; the toxins were quickly taking their toll, and he was feeling more and more nauseous every moment. The least he could do was retaliate, and that he did. Harnessing the light of the sun, his little wings began to glow a bright white color for several seconds, and then, just as Ami realized what was happening, Tye released a beam of light that rivaled the Piplup’s earlier Hydro Pumps in magnitude. It certainly hit the Water-type harder than the Water-Type had hit Tye, and even as the referee called the round, the Piplup was struggling to stay on its feet.

And suddenly, the arena shifted. Or, more specifically, the borders of the arena shifted. Glauert found himself outside the field, and Delicious Venison suddenly found himself very vulnerable, and looked desperately at his trainer for orders.

End of Round 1

Wargle
skrelplucky-egg
Glauert - Skrelp (♂)
Energy: 87%
Condition: What? It's over already?
Commands: Toxic@Tye ~ Toxic@Tye ~ Toxic@Tye

Meursault
pipluplucky-egg
Ami - Piplup (♀)
Health: 79%
Energy: 83%
Condition: Was not prepared for that.
Commands: Mud Sport ~ Hydro Pump@Tye (hit clone) ~ Hydro Pump@Tye

pathos
clefablelife-orb
Tye - Clefable (♂)
Health: 87%
Energy: 80%
Condition: Liking that last hit, but feeling nauseous.
Commands: Double Team ~ Encore @ Glauert ~ Solarbeam @ Ami

Dragon
deerling-summeriron-ball
Condition: Suddenly terrified.

Murkrow
murkrow
Condition: Taking it all in.

The Omskivar
tepiglucky-egg
Porkpie - Tepig (♀)
Condition: Finding herself empathizing with Delicious Venison

Referee Notes
~Tye created four clones.
~Ami hit a clone the second action.
~Glauert's second Toxic hit, and got rid of the rest of the clones.
~The second and third Toxics increased the severity of Tye’s poisoning.
~For Round 2, Meursault and Ami, pathos and Tye, and Dragon and Delicious Venison will be battling it out. You will command in that order.

Last edited:
I have to nitpick a bit. I specified for Tye to wait to Double Team after Toxic was used; also, Toxic has 100% accuracy when used by a poison-type, meaning it never misses no matter what (like Aerial Ace).

Oh, and this isn't actually important but Hagrid doesn't have a wand! His wand is in his umbrella! >_> flees

I have to nitpick a bit. I specified for Tye to wait to Double Team after Toxic was used; also, Toxic has 100% accuracy when used by a poison-type, meaning it never misses no matter what (like Aerial Ace).

Oh, and this isn't actually important but Hagrid doesn't have a wand! His wand is in his umbrella! >_> flees

Er, I'm not entirely sure why you nitpick about that in particular, because it means Tye is in a worse situation, but thank you for pointing it out anyway, for it has now been fixed. (the rng rolls for all the other attacks remained the same and the clones disappeared at the end of A2 anyway because toxic).

I've always been under the impression that never-miss moves are still affected by Double Team - because, for Double Team, there are two accuracy checks, the first for whether the attack hits at all, and the second for whether or not it hits the right clone. Never-miss moves just skip the first of those.

Also, umbrella fixed, thank you. Been too long since I read Harry Potter.

Er, I'm not entirely sure why you nitpick about that in particular, because it means Tye is in a worse situation, but thank you for pointing it out anyway, for it has now been fixed. (the rng rolls for all the other attacks remained the same and the clones disappeared at the end of A2 anyway because toxic).

I've always been under the impression that never-miss moves are still affected by Double Team - because, for Double Team, there are two accuracy checks, the first for whether the attack hits at all, and the second for whether or not it hits the right clone. Never-miss moves just skip the first of those.

Also, umbrella fixed, thank you. Been too long since I read Harry Potter.

I point it out just for fairness sake... whether it makes my situation worse off or not. :p (Also just checking that the poison isn't damaging Tye? Since Magic Guard blocks that.)

I point it out just for fairness sake... whether it makes my situation worse off or not. :p (Also just checking that the poison isn't damaging Tye? Since Magic Guard blocks that.)

Ignore my previous comment, everything makes sense (fixed). Man, I need to get better at this not ignoring the details stuff.

minor point: Hydro Pump should've done 13% to Tye, unless I'm missing something

Clefable is always mega threatening but unfortunately i suspect dragon will not pass up on the chance to hit us with grass attacks for now. so, pressure's on him! spam Drill Peck at venison all round - but switch to Surf if you're being redirected toward Tye. If venison protects and Tye isn't redirecting you (or waiting for you to act), use Agility.

Drill Peck @venison/Surf/Agility x3

Actually Solarbeam doesn't look like it did the right amount of damage either - did you take Life Orb into account? It should add 3% damage. (And how did Tye end up losing 20% energy, btw? o.o 4% for Double Team, 4% for Taunt, 7% +3 for quick charge for Solarbeam - that's 18%?)

Okieee Tye, let's see... We're not gonna have too many conditionals here, since that Iron Ball makes Venison slower and even if it drops it, we should have enough time to get a medium Substitute up. Then go for Power-up Punch and Drain Punch at whoever isn't being hit, preferably Venison.

If Venison tries to Bounce, just hover up so you can keep punching him - though if you can't fsr, just aim at Ami. If he's protecting/otherwise unhittable, though, just aim at Ami; do the same if Venison has clones up.

Substitute (15%) ~ Power-up Punch @ Venison / Ami ~ Drain Punch @ Venison / Ami

oh my god why did I actually give venison an Iron Ball

Okay, Bounce up (try to avoid that Drill Peck but if you can't, ehh). On the second action, Bounce down on Ami, and drop your Iron Ball on her head as you do. You should come down after everyone else has moved, go ahead and expend some extra energy to lift that Iron Ball if necessary. Then, throw a Solarbeam over at Ami (and get punched in the face by Tye, sorry).

If your Iron Ball prevents you from Bouncing, though; drop it as soon as possible and use Double Team instead, then blast away with Solarbeam.

Bounce (up) / Double Team ~ Bounce (down, drop Iron Ball) @ Ami / Solarbeam @ Ami ~ Solarbeam @ Ami

Round 2

Wargle
skrelplucky-egg
Glauert - Skrelp (♂)
Energy: 88%
Condition: What? It's over already?

Meursault
pipluplucky-egg
Ami - Piplup (♀)
Health: 79%
Energy: 83%
Condition: Was not prepared for that.
Commands: Drill Peck @ Venison / Surf / Agility x3

pathos
clefablelife-orb
Tye - Clefable (♂)
Health: 87%
Energy: 80%
Condition: Liking that last hit, but feeling nauseous.
Commands: Substitute (15%) ~ Power-up Punch @ Venison / Ami ~ Drain Punch @ Venison / Ami

Dragon
deerling-summeriron-ball
Condition: Suddenly terrified.
Commands:

Murkrow
murkrow
Condition: Taking it all in.

The Omskivar
tepiglucky-egg
Porkpie - Tepig (♀)
Condition: Finding herself empathizing with Delicious Venison

Delicious Venison was holding an Iron Ball. Why was he holding an Iron Ball? Who knows? But it was certainly weighing him down, and it took him a while to get moving. In the meantime, Tye took the opportunity to craft a medium-size doll out of the earth in front of him, bestowing upon it the best craftsmanship he could offer with his stubby arms. While Ami went flying towards Delicious Venison, beak covered in a white glow and steadily extending, Tye breathed some of his own life energy into his creation, which after a short moment began to move on its own, taking a defensive stance in front of its creator.

Ami caught Delicious Venison with a painful Drill Peck only a moment before the Deerling launched himself into the air, with an incredible amount of effort, observed Tye. He bounced much higher than Tye would have been able to, especially given that Iron Ball, and at a glance the Clefable knew that trying to hit him would not be a successful endeavor. But the flying Deerling was also not aiming at him, so there was nothing to worry about. Tye took a short hop over his Substitute, and socked an unaware Ami in the back of the head with his fist, power welling up inside him as he landed the attack. The Piplup was pushed forward, and immediately spun to angrily face his big, pink opponent; and, upon seeing Tye’s wide smile, nervously glanced upwards with widening eyes a fraction of a second before Delicious Venison’s Iron Ball caught him right on the head. The Deerling’s body wasn’t far behind, and the combination hit Ami with enough force to carve a shallow Piplup-shaped indentation in the ground.

It took Ami several seconds to recover enough to stab the Deerling standing on top of it with its beak again – the sharp pain was enough to immediately make the fawn pokémon jump off of the Piplup – but any movement more than that was difficult, and it took an unprecedented amount of effort for her to push herself off of the ground. So much effort, in fact, that Ami was completely unaware of her opponent’s retaliation until the huge beam of light slammed into her. Another Piplup-shaped hole in the ground was soon created, and Ami wasn’t quite sure how she managed to get up after taking the Solar Beam, but she did, and desperately ran towards Delicious Venison once again, her beak again elongating and cloaking itself in a white light.

Even before Ami got to him, Delicious Venison took a sharp hit from Tye – using the power left in his body from his last punch, the Clefable had launched a somewhat stronger one this time, and rather than knocking the Deerling back, it instead seemed to hold him in place and sap his energy steadily. He flailed wildly, trying to get away from his opponent’s Drain Punch, but as soon as he did, he was caught in the side by Ami’s spinning beak, which left another deep gash in his side. With a sharp cry, Delicious Venison powerfully kicked his opponent off and took a couple of apprehensive steps back, distancing himself from the other battlers. He wasn’t liking this much at all.

End of Round 2

Wargle
skrelplucky-egg
Glauert - Skrelp (♂)
Energy: 88%
Condition: Enjoying the show.

Meursault
pipluplucky-egg
Ami - Piplup (♀)
Health: 40%
Energy: 67%
Condition: Grateful for a chance to rest.
Actions: Drill Peck @ Delicious Venison x3

pathos
substitute.png
life-orb
Tye - Clefable (♂)
Health: 80% (Substitute: 15%)
Energy: 63%
Condition: Pretty satisfied.
Actions: Substitute (15%) ~ Power-Up Punch @ Ami ~ Drain Punch @ Delicious Venison (crit)

Dragon
deerling-summer
Health: 60% (CAPPED)
Energy: 81%
Condition: Not liking this battle very much.
Actions: Bounce (up) ~ Bounce (down) ~ Solar Beam @ Ami

Murkrow
murkrow
Condition: Eager to join the fight.

The Omskivar
tepiglucky-egg
Porkpie - Tepig (♀)
Condition: Nervous in anticipation.

Arena Notes
~An Iron Ball lies near the edge of the arena. It will be inaccessible by the end of the next round.

Referee Notes
~All calculations from the last round should be taken care of, and my own calcs are below, in case things go as badly this time around.
~After Iron Ball, Deerling is slower than Piplup.
~How heavy is an Iron Ball, anyway? To be able to slow down some of the particularly larger pokémon, and even drag them from the air, it would have to be pretty heavy. Let’s say, 50 lbs, or 23 kg. That would make its radius about 3.5 inches, so its diameter would be 7 inches - pretty large. But not large enough to stop a Deerling, with its strong leg muscles, from at least jumping.
~The Iron Ball added damage to the Bounce attack, but its weight meant that the jump wasn’t as high in the first place. Thus, the net damage increase was relatively small, and Delicious Venison was only able to stay in the air for half the action.
~Bounce also hit the paralysis check, and the iron ball helped increase the severity of that. Delicious Venison dropped it at the end of the attack.
~Even though Clefable can hover, I don’t see Clefable as being nimble enough to get up to Delicious Venison’s height fast enough to launch an attack, so he defaulted to attacking Ami on action 2.
~Drain Punch scored a critical hit on Action 3, though that’s a moot point because Delicious Venison hit the damage cap off of that attack anyway.
~For Round 3, pathos and Tye, Dragon and Delicious Venison, and Murkrow and Bendigeidfran will be battling. Command in that order.

Tye’s health: 87 - 15 (Substitute) + 8 (Drain Punch) = 80%
Tye’s energy: 80 - 8 (substitute) - 4 (Power-Up Punch) - 5 (Drain Punch) = 63%
Ami’s health: 79 - 7 (Power-Up Punch) - 10 (Bounce) - 22 (Solar Beam) = 40%
Ami’s energy: 83 - 4 (Drill Peck) - 6 (Paralyzed Drill Peck) *2 = 67%
Delicious Venison’s health: 100 - 12 (Drill Peck) * 3 - 22 (Drain Punch crit) < 60%
Delicious Venison’s energy: 100 - 6 (Bounce up) - 3 (Bounce down) - 10 (Solar beam) = 81%

Last edited:
Just one thing, shouldn't Tye still have the +1 atk from power-up punch? (also hehe, I just realized Murkrow is using a Murkrow... now I wanna change my name to Clefable... but that'd ruin the pathos Pathos pathos streak :c welp)

Okie Tye, glad we got our sub up before we had to command first, especially since we're slowest... I think we're gonna go the simple route here. Let's go with Dazzling Gleam, Drain Punch towards Venison, and Dazzling Gleam again. If there are clones, just spread the dazzle around, or punch whoever doesn't have clones instead - also punch the other poke if your intended target is protect/detecting or is otherwise unhittable. If you can't hit either of them, Calm Mind. Default to your attacking option if you're taunted.

Dazzling Gleam / Calm Mind ~ Drain Punch / Calm Mind ~ Dazzling Gleam / Calm Mind

So venison only took 4% damage from Drain Punch, right? Tye should've only recovered half of that, not 8%, I think..?

Oooh boy, now that I'm looking ahead, we're gonna have a rough couple of rounds. Darn type disadvantages :[ Let's try to... not get wrecked this round, then.

Use Agility to get yourself into the lake, hopefully dodging that Dazzling Gleam in the process? Move faaaar away from everyone, out of Taunting earshot and such if possible! Then use Camouflage to get rid of that Grass typing. Finally, set up a big Substitute so we have a bit of wiggle room next round.

If you do get taunted though, let's see if we can't soften Tye up before he leaves the field. Knock out his Substitute with a one action Solarbeam, then throw a Natural Gift at him while moving slowly towards the lake. Finish with a Wild Charge at Bendigeidfran, or another Natural Gift at Tye if she's protect/detecting/out of reach.

Agility/Solarbeam@Tye ~ Camouflage/Natural Gift@Tye ~ Substitute (20%)/Wild Charge@Bendigeidfran/Natural Gift@Tye

So venison only took 4% damage from Drain Punch, right? Tye should've only recovered half of that, not 8%, I think..?

As Drain Punch hit before the last Drill Peck, it ended up doing 16% damage to bring DV up to the cap; thus, 8% recovery.

Just one thing, shouldn't Tye still have the +1 atk from power-up punch? (also hehe, I just realized Murkrow is using a Murkrow... now I wanna change my name to Clefable... but that'd ruin the pathos Pathos pathos streak :c welp)

Was included in the calculations, but not in the final statistics. Thanks for pointing that out.

Back
Top Bottom