• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Referee Headquarters

Li'l Dwagie

As before, your battle description is great, aside from some grammatical issues. There's nothing really persistent or distracting about them, but at times you choose to word things in odd ways ("large chunks of debris sharding from their base", for example;"shard" isn't a verb). As an aside, you tend to use semicolons incorrectly: they're used either to join two complete sentences or to clarify complex lists. Because "splitting herself into two forms" isn't a sentence, you should have a comma instead of a semicolon in "Cringing and crying out, she begins to quiver violently; splitting herself into two forms." You also change tenses quite a bit. However, grammatical and punctuational problems don't make the description overly difficulty to understand.

1. Bayleef looks slow, but it isn't really. Unless a pokémon is paralyzed or has very low natural speed, it will produce more than one clone with double team. Unless otherwise specified, a pokémon will produce the maximum number of clones it can with a double team, and in the case of bayleef that would be between three and five.

Clones disappear when their creator is successfully struck by a damaging attack, so Thyme's should have vanished after she took the rapid spin.

Edit: Posted before I was done with this; will have paychecks and new mock up in a few minutes.

2. Why did the rock slide remove Chanson's stat boosts? I could see something like speed going down, as she would probably have some trouble moving after getting hit by the rocks, or even attack, but defense?

3. Rapid spin might not dispell the mist entirely, but it would at least go to some length to break it up. The spinning is going to get the air moving, so the effect would be similar to that of putting a fan in a misty room: it might not get rid of the mist immediately, but it will break it up a bit.

4. We don't use "turns" in ASB: time is measured in either actions or rounds. I'm guessing you meant that the mist will last for two more actions, but you should specify that.

Health and energy calculations look just fine. It's really just the logic of ASB (and some of its more esoteric knowledge) that you haven't got down. I'm willing to Approve you at novice level if you'll take it; otherwise, the elite mock has been rolled over.

Paychecks

Chiropter: 1 = $12
Kindling Queen: 1 = $3
Kratos Aurion: 1 2 3 4 5 + 1 = $62
moon-panther: 1 + 1 2 = $13
Negrek: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 = $130
Prettzel: 1 2 3 = $24
StyliBoy: 1 = $3

Last edited:
Aaah, it seems a lot of my problems are the (electronic) game mechanics getting mixed in here. For example, Mist is completely unaffected ingame, and Double Team works as a stat-boost so I was unsure in this example. Also the use of turns - I did mean actions, turns is just the terminology used ingame.
As for the stat boosts, that was my attempt at melding RP in - The logic being that being crushed as she was (A critical hit roll as it was) would leave her body rather battered and sore, making it harder to work up an attack or defend against further blows.
Still, I'll be glad to take novice level. Taking the Elite was more a personal challenge to see where I could get, and I'll take it as I go from here to improve. Thanks~

I don't seem to have been paid for that last you vs. moony. Of all the battles for you to forget, really.

I'd like to apply as a Novice Ref, so here's the reffed mock-up:
Mock-Up said:
Arena:
sandmouse said:
An underground grotto with a small, deep lake in it. Crystal Shards are scattered about the ceiling and the light from Crystals reflecting in the Lake make the whole lake shimmer.
Earthquake, Rock Slide, and Rock Throw are completely banned as they will cave the ceiling in.

Pre-Round Stats:
Trainer Xikaze - 2 Remaining, 0 KO'ed
Lapras
Cyrstal (F) <Water Absorb>
Health: 83%
Energy: 84%
Previous Commands: Aurora Beam ~ Ice Beam ~ Attract
Current Commands: Refresh ~ Attract ~ Thunder
Mood: Exasperatedly looking at Totodile, wishing she hadn't used Attract.
Notes: Severely Poisoned: 3% this turn, 4% next turn

Trainer AuroraKing - 2 Remaining, 0 KO'ed
totodile
Totodile (M) <Torrent>
Health: 88%
Energy: 87%
Previous Commands: Brick Break ~ Toxic ~ Slash
Current Commands: Focus Punch ~ Brick Break ~ Dig
Mood: Gazing rapturously at Crystal, ignoring the half of his mind that's trying to get him to attack.

ROUND X BEGIN

---As the battle resumes, Totodile shakes his head in an attempt to clear his mind. He knows that his trainer need him to focus for the attack, so he begins to steel his nerves, but the small aquatic reptile just can't seem to get that Lapras out of his mind... The way the green light she gives off shin- Wait, green light? Crystal can't help but smirk; what a foolish little creature! Not only had the little gremlin missed his whole opportunity to attack, he also gave her a chance to heal! <Crystal: -0 HP, -6 Energy | Totodile: -0 HP, -1 Energy>

---Deciding that she needs to stay focused on the battle, Crystal prepares herself for her next move. Batting her eyes, Crystal moves towards Totodile while looking as feminine and attractive as she can. Totodile's eyes grow wide, staring at Crystal. The Totodile was jerked out of his rather explicit fantasies by his trainer's calls. Somewhat unwillingly, Totodile rushes at Crystal and slamms into her with a blow strong enough to disintegrate bricks. <Crystal: -6 HP, -5 Energy | Totodile: -0 HP, -4 Energy>

---Crystal shakes herself off a bit before launching her next attack. Still seeing stars, the Lapras turns her head to the roof of the cave, opening her mouth and letting out a long, shrill cry that echoes through the small space. Electricity begins to arc from one gem to another charging the air. Terrified, the small Totodile follows his orders and borrowed underground. Seconds later, a lightning bolt slams into the space were Totodile was standing just moments before. A small charge enters the Totodile, but nothing severe. An infuriated Lapras is left staring angrily at the gaping hole in the ground. <Crystal: -0 HP, -7 Energy | Totodile: -1 HP, -4 Energy>

END ROUND X

Post-Round Stats:
Trainer Xikaze - 2 Remaining, 0 KO'ed
Lapras
Cyrstal (F) <Water Absorb>
Health: 77%
Energy: 71%
Previous Commands: Refresh ~ Attract ~ Thunder
Mood: Trying to decide how to kill the little reptile.
Notes: Poison Cured

Trainer AuroraKing - 2 Remaining, 0 KO'ed
totodile
Totodile (M) <Torrent>
Health: 87%
Energy: 77%
Previous Commands: Brick Break ~ Toxic ~ Slash
Current Commands: Focus Punch ~ Brick Break ~ Dig
Mood: Wondering why the love of his life was trying to fry him.

Arena Notes:
---The ground where Crystal's Thunder hit is charred and churned up. There is also a Totodile-sized hole near the center of the arena.

Other Notes:
---On the first action, Totodile could not use Focus Punch due to his attraction to Crystal. It also took him a bit of energy to stay focused.
---On the second action, Totodile's Brick Break was weakened because of Attraction.
---On the second action, Totodile's Attraction became Severe.
---Totodile suffered slight damage from Thunder's electrical charge.
---The fact that Crystal tried to fry him lowered Totodile's Attraction back to Slight.
I believe that I did fairly well for my first try.

moon-panther

Okay; the two battles from last week have been rolled forward to this week.

Kratos Aurion

Sorry about that; I added it in on this week. On a note unrelated to reffing but regarding paychecks: were you serious about that sig attribute thing? Because the post you linked was from May, which I'm pretty sure that was back farther than last week's checks were supposed to go...

YetiPenguin

Your battle description is pretty good; it's easy to tell what's going on and why. There are a couple of minor mechanical errors, but certainly nothing major. The only thing I'm really unclear on is why Totodile took damage from the thunder: you did say that he was struck by the electrical charge, but so far as I could tell he was already underground by that point, and electricity doesn't flow too well through dirt.

Damage and energy looks okay, but I think that you're running on the high side for your non-damaging attacks. Looking pretty really only takes one less energy than blasting a bolt of lightning down out of the sky? Four or maybe five percent for refresh and attract makes more sense if you're setting thunder at seven. Damage is fine, aside from the aforementioned thing with totodile's health.

Overall, solid first try. No major problems, but do watch that energy: make sure that what you charge for attacks make sense when you consider how difficult they are to perform relative to one another. Approved

Li'l Dwagie: 1 = $3
Negrek: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 = $100
Kratos Aurion: 1 2 3 4 + 1 = $52
moon-panther: 1 + 1 2 = $9
Prettzel: 1 = $5

It was the end of May, though, wasn't it? And you'd missed a week or something before, iirc, so I figured it might've still applied. Doesn't really matter, though, and I could be wrong anyway.

...how are we supposed to start up as a ref? I read the first post but I don't think I fully understood it...

...how are we supposed to start up as a ref? I read the first post but I don't think I fully understood it...

I'm pretty sure you have to do a "mock reffing", as described in the first post. Basically, just take the situation Negrek gives you, and play out the round as you would if you were ref. It's got to be good, though, or else it won't get accepted. :3

*eagerly works on his*

Oh, thanks, hadn't realized she changed it regualarily...

Mock said:
Arena Description ~​
Ref said:
3 vs 3 - Single battle
DQ: 7 days
Damage cap: 35%
Banned moves: Attract
Field: A strange room that can shift to the will of any of its occupants. Trainers aren't allowed to do so, however, and Pokémon use up 40% energy. The arena is never different for one battler than the other (so, for example, if you want an arena where your opponents are all automatically poisoned, burned, and asleep, all your Pokémon are too.)

To start off, the arena is a large circular room, paved with a mystical semi-light blue stone, with water running down the walls, collecting into a long moat-like pool around the edge. There is no ceiling, and the sun shines brightly down; however, a barrier prevents Pokémon from flying out the top. Digging through the stone will warp the Pokémon to the other end of the arena; so digging down the bottom will result in a long drop from 40 feet. Digging through the walls will make a tunnel to the other side.

For the entire battle, trainers may not use their own Pokémon. Instead, a randomized team of six is given to them, and they battle using three of them (you don't have to choose ahead of time). The winner, instead of getting a free new Pokémon or evolution, may keep one Pokémon from the randomized team (even if it's evolved. :3).

Current Pokémon Status Prior to Round

Zhorken fir Mih'rilia'i (OOO)
:spinda:
Spinda (F)
Health ~ 100%
Energy ~ 81%
Mood ~ Very pleased. Feeling calm and collected.
Physical Conditions ~ __
Battle Related Conditions ~ +1 Special Attack, +1 Special Defense
Commands for the next round
~ Counter/Calm Mind - Counter/Calm Mind/Psychic - Counter/Calm Mind/Psychic

Cheetah Inferno (OOO)
:blaziken:
Blaziken (F)
Health ~ 79%
Energy ~ 91%
Mood ~ Humiliated and infuriated.
Physical Conditions ~ Her back is coated with poisonous gunk. Slightly larger than normal thanks to bulk up.
Battle Related Conditions ~ Severely poisoned (3% next round.) +1 Attack, +1 Defense
Commands for next round ~ Blaze Kick~Mirror Move after Psychic~Mirror Move after Psychic

Round ~X~ Begin

Blaziken isn't pleased at all, currently having unsightly gunk on her back, but, despite this, has her attention devoted to listening to, and following commands. Set to attack she runs at the small panda-like pokemon, and swings her leg, encased in fire at her foe. The blow narrowly missed allowing the slightly startled Spinda to use calm mind, increasing her capability to attack and defend with special attacks by clearing her mind of distractions.

This obvious miss has left Blaziken in an even more infuriated mood, but holds still as the Spinda begins to pull, twist, stretch, and otherwise damage her physical structure through psychic energy, the ominus glow of her purple eyes. Exhausted from the attack Blaziken had ensured she kept her eyes open through the entire attack, with a glint a menace in her eyes, she begins performing the same actions the spinda had, damaging the spinda in unreal and painful ways.

Blaziken stands ready as another painful session of muscle aching damage comes in. The spinda, startled by the previous attack raises her arms once again, eyes glowing a mysterious purple. The attacks leaves Blaziken on the ground, groaning in more pain then prior, but eyes wide open. Grinning unpleasently the Blaziken forces herself to her feet, and performs similar actions to what the spinda had once again done to her, exacting the revenge she finds more then enjoying. The Spinda rises from it's feet once again, sighing in relief as she finds herself glaring directly at her foe.

Current Pokémon Status After Round

Zhorken fir Mih'rilia'i (OOO)
:spinda:
Spinda (F)
Health ~ 79%
Energy ~ 66%
Mood ~ Ticked with the fact her foe gave her a taste of her own medicine, but still raring to go!
Physical Conditions ~ -none-
Battle Related Conditions ~ +2 Special Attack, +2 Special Defense
Commands for the last round ~ Counter/Calm Mind - Counter/Calm Mind/Psychic - Counter/Calm Mind/Psychic

Cheetah Inferno (OOO)
:blaziken:
Blaziken (F)
Health ~ 48%
Energy ~ 76%
Mood ~ Sore, beaten, but pleased with what comeback was made.
Physical Conditions ~ Her back is somewhat cleared up, but now the poisonous gunk is further into her body. Slightly larger than normal thanks to bulk up.
Battle Related Conditions ~ Severely poisoned (5% next round.) +1 Attack, +1 Defense
Commands for last round ~ Blaze Kick~Mirror Move after Psychic~Mirror Move after Psychic

Notes

-Out of 100, Blaze kick needed a 90 max, online dice roller gave a 93...
-Blaziken's Psychic was a critical, and therefore did double.
-Cheetah Inferno Attacks
-Zhorken fir Mih'rilia'i
-I mock Ref​

For my first try, I hope this is relatively decent!

Last edited:
Eon Spirit

The battle description isn't too bad; you have some minor grammar issues throughout (confusion between its and it's, for example--and sometimes you call pokémon by gendered pronouns and sometimes make them genderless, which is awkward), but on the whole it's not bad. It would really be nice if it were possible to infer that a critical hit had happened from the battle description alone, though, without the aid of the final notes.

In terms of damage and energy, health for both pokémon is fine. Energy, though--how did those two both use the same amount? First action Blaziken's using blaze kick, which is a pretty powerful attack, against Spinda's calm mind, which is a good stat-upper but wouldn't cost as much as the kick, I shouldn't think. Then you have the two psychics--blaziken would use more for both of those because, in addition to the energy cost of psychic for each, there would also be the a small added cost for the mirror move itself. In the end, I would expect Blaziken to have used about 5% more energy than Spinda.

This one is kind of borderline; not bad for a first attempt, though, certainly. I'm going to say Not Approved for now. I'm primarily interested in seeing an improvement in energy calculations, and it would be nice if you could clean up the battle description mechanics a bit as well--proofread to catch missing words, grammar mistakes, etc. to make it a little easier on the eyes.

Paychecks

Kindling Queen: 1 = $3
Kratos Aurion: 1 + 1 = $22
Li'l Dwagie: 1 = $3
Negrek: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 = $90
Prettzel: 1 2 = $10

Understood. I'll try harder on my next attempt...

Didn't know that the mirror move and the psychic were both counted, and blaze kick would cost so much...

I'm just asking for punishment, aren't I? Well, this time I guess I did a bit better *must be important* >_>

opaltiger said:
2v2, one out at a time
DQ: Four days
DC: 50%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, healing and chills restricted to 5/Pokemon, Attract.
Arena: The Ravager

An ancient warship, destined to travel the stars forever more. A long walkway goes from the door at one end of the bridge to a larger, semi-circular space at the other; this is the very front of the ship, with large windows looking out at the stars. On either side of the walkway are crew pits, still with abandoned consoles and chairs. Two ramps per pit, one on each side, lead down.

Light banished the darkness on this ship long ago - therefore, Dark- and Ghost-types have a 5% power reduction whereas Psychics gain 5%.

ROUND X
Opaltiger (OO)
onix
Monolith (M) <Rock Head>
Health: 70%
Energy: 74%
Sandstorm~Earthquake~Chill/Protect
- Eyeing Draco vengefully. Minor cracks in one of his rocky sections.

Crystylla (OO)
dratini
Draco (M)
Health: 85%
Energy: 72%
Ice Beam/Swift ~ Jump ~ Ice Beam/Swift
- Grimly glad to have been able to pay Monolith back for his Dragonbreath attack.​

The two Trainers, quickly command their Pokemon, and the battle is off again! A shooting star flashes by one of the windows, catching the Trainers' and the referee's attention for a second, before both the snake-like Pokemon catch each others' eyes and look away again.

Draco is the first to move, and the gem on his forehead gleams as he concentrates the air around him into a beam. The blue energy slams into Monolith's already slightly cracked section, causing the Onix to recoil and let out a pained metallic screech. Who thought the little dragon could cause so much pain?

Somewhat wary now, the Onix opens his craggy mouth and sand pours out, before rising into the air and swirling around both Pokemon. Even the Trainers raise an arm against the sand, and the referee abuses her temporary powers to shield herself from the sand. Draco blinks against the stinging sand, and shuffles backwards against the storm. He blinks again, and bunches up his muscles in a bid to be ready for the Earthquake that is sure to follow.

Monolith carefully regards Draco now, thinking through his orders. The Dratini wasn't moving, seemed to almost be waiting for him.. He shakes his head, and focuses on the little dragon. Lifting his large rock tail, he slammed it back to the ground, the effort propelling him a few inches off the ground himself. The ship pauses in its travels a second, before shaking violently and throwing the referee and Crystylla off balance. Draco was well prepared, however. As soon as Monolith's tail came down, Draco springs into the air and tries to stay up for longer than a few seconds. He can't levitate, however, and takes the lesser damage of the Earthquake.

Draco looks around at the whirling sand, trying to locate his opponent, when a few specks catch him in his rather large eyes. He silently thrashes in panic for a moment, before squinting out of one eye and focusing energy into star shaped rays. Draco looks in where he believes to be the general direction of Monolith, and looses the rays. Monolith takes the full brunt of the attack, grunting quietly. The stars had left a small scratch, but really didn't amount to much..

Monolith thinks over his orders again. Using Protect would be totally pointless, since Draco wouldn't attack anymore, so he decides to chill. Relying on the Sandstorm to keep him from the view of his opponent, he curls in on himself, sighing slightly as he regains his thoughts and clears his mind.

ROUND X
Opaltiger (OO)
onix
Monolith (M) <Rock Head>
Health: 53%
Energy: 80%
- Relaxed and calm. Completely open to attack.

Crystylla (OO)
dratini
Draco (M)
Health: 74%
Energy: 55%
- Slightly blinded in one eye.​

Ref Notes
-Sandstorm is in effect for the next 3 rounds
-Ice Beam was a critical hit
-It wouldn't be possible to completely avoid Earthquake by jumping, so Draco just took less damage
-Chill regained 15%
-Crystylla goes first next round

EDIT: Added colours, just because.

Last edited:
Haha, what a coincidence. I've been working on the same tryout.

Advanced-Level Mock

Arena Description said:
2v2, one out at a time

An ancient warship, destined to travel the stars forever more. A long walkway goes from the door at one end of the bridge to a larger, semi-circular space at the other; this is the very front of the ship, with large windows looking out at the stars. On either side of the walkway are crew pits, still with abandoned consoles and chairs. Two ramps per pit, one on each side, lead down.

Light banished the darkenss on this ship long ago - therefore, Dark- and Ghost-types have a 5% power reduction whereas Psychics gain 5%.
Current Pokemon status said:
[Monolith] Onix (M) <Rock Head>
Used: Double Team ~ Dive into crew pit ~ Dragonbreath
Status: Eyeing Draco vengefully. Minor cracks in one of his rocky sections.

[Draco] Dratini (M)
Used: Ice Beam ~ Ice Beam ~ Iron Tail
Status: Grimly glad to have been able to pay Monolith back for his Dragonbreath attack.
opaltiger said:
y'know, by all regards, Iron Tail should've done just as much damage as Ice Beam, both attacks having equal base powers in ASB. o.o

but anyway. We're at a bit of a disadvantage here, so you'll have to concentrate. First, I want you to use a Sandstorm; then, he'll have no idea where you are and so on. After that, a nice Earthquake to shake things up; the ship will survive, but he'll take damage. Finally, Chill a bit. If he manages to get an attack through the storm, Protect instead.

Crystylla said:
Ice Beam if you can get a clear shot, otherwise, Swift. Jump at the Earthquake.

opaltiger versus Crystylla: Round #IDK

Team opaltiger (O)
onix
Healing/Chills: OOOOO
Commands: Sandstorm ~ Earthquake ~ Chill/Protect

Team Crystylla (O)
dratini
[Draco] Dratini (M) <Shed Skin>
Status: Grimly glad to have been able to pay Monolith back for his Dragonbreath attack.
Commands: Ice Beam/Swift ~ Jump ~ Ice Beam/Swift​

Light banished the darkness on this ship long ago - therefore, Dark- and Ghost-types have a 5% power reduction whereas Psychics gain 5%.

Round #IDK: Begin!

As the round began, Monolith the Onix was huddled in one of the long crew pits that ran down either side of the starship, while Draco the Dratini had remained on the main walkway of the bridge. Monolith thought for a moment. Although the abandoned ship had no sand nor dirt aboard, he had still been commanded to stir up a sandstorm. Oh, well. There were other ways to make one. Closing his eyes to focus, the rock snake silently chanted a prayer in his mind to whatever deity, unknown to humans, that Onixes worshipped. Within mere moments, the fans in the ship's ventilation system began to whir into action, and a fine sand came whirling out of the vents, soon filling the entire bridge with a vision-obscuring whirlwind.

As the storm surged around him, Draco pooled his energy into a single, freezing point within his mouth. It was times like these when he appreciated being poikilothermic - the lonely starship was minimally heated, and the freezing depths of space were more than cool enough to produce a beam of ice, which he shot from his freezing point toward Monolith. The rock snake tumbled back into the wall of the crew pit, but managed to pull himself back up, shaking away the tiny ice chunks and frozen particles of dust that peppered his rocky skin. Draco looked on, pleased despite the raging storm buffeting him.

<Monolith: -8H, -4E / normal status / That Ice Beam hurt!>
<Draco: -2H, -8E / normal status / pleased with himself>

That ice had hurt. This little dragon was going to pay! With a roar, Monolith raised his head high into the air before slamming it down to the floor with full force. A split-second before the rocky Pokemon hit the gray tile, Draco leaped into the air, narrowly avoiding the shockwave of the Onix's crash. Pieces of brittle perlite and other debris were knocked rudely from the ceiling as a result of the massive earthquake, the smaller bits joining the storm and the larger ones falling to rest on the cracked floor. Though more than happy to avoid the attack, Draco could not quite help but to cringe as the sandstorm buffeted his wounds.

<Monolith: -0H, -7E / normal status / frustrated with his failed attack>
<Draco: -2H, -2E / normal status / can this storm be over, already?>

Even with the storm raging around him, Draco kept his eyes on the rock snake in front of him. If he could get a clear shot, he had been ordered to fire another Ice Beam, and he was sure if he stayed focused on his target, the beam would strike true. Once again, he gathered up his energy into his mouth and cooled his body to the freezing point, preparing to strike. Meanwhile, Monolith stayed on his guard, ready to put up a Protect shield but reluctant to do so if it wasn't necessary. He could see that the little serpent was struggling to focus through the storm. Monolith watched carefully and in the split-second that the beam fired, the rock snake saw it arc minutely to the left, and so refrained from Protecting himself.

Draco cursed himself as shards of ice dropped to the floor from the frozen mass clinging to the wall. Not too far away from the result of the missed Ice Beam, Monolith took a moment to rest. He was still doing quite well, after all; maybe not quite as well as he had hoped, but the Dratini was beginning to tire and the sandstorm showed no signs of stopping soon. Everything was fine. For the moment, he should just chill...

<Monolith: -0H, +10E / normal status / Everything's quite fine, isn't it?>
<Draco: -2H, -8E / normal status / regretting his choice of Ice Beam over Swift>

Round #IDK over!

Team opaltiger (O)
onix
Health: 62%
Energy: 73%
Healing/Chills: XOOOO
Commands used: Sandstorm ~ Earthquake ~ Chill

Team Crystylla (O)
dratini
Health: 79%
Energy: 54%
Commands used: Ice Beam ~ Jump ~ Ice Beam​

Arena status:
Pieces of ceiling tile riddle the cracked floor, although the ship is far from breaking apart entirely and there isn't even an air leak. A large, shapeless mass of ice clings to the wall not far from Monolith. Sand continues to pour from the vents.

A sandstorm is whirling around the bridge. (6 more actions)

Ref's notes:
1. Pokedex used: Veekun @ http://veekun.com/
2. Random number generater used: @ http://javascript.internet.com/games/dice-roller.html
3. Since it was not specified in the current status, I assumed no healing/Chills had been used so far. I also assumed the "healing and chills restricted to 5/Pokemon" meant the total sum of healing + chills was restricted to 5 (as opposed to 5 heals plus 5 chills) but if not, that would be a simple fix once clarified.
4. The 1.5 Special Defense bonus Monolith gets from Sandstorm cancelled out Ice Beam's 1.5 super-effective modifier.
5. Draco expended minimal energy jumping to avoid Earthquake.
6. Ice Beam missed in the third action because of reduced accuracy due to Sandstorm. The dice roll was right on the borderline so I thought Draco would go ahead and try Ice Beam but miss.
7. Draco was buffeted by the Sandstorm for 2% damage at the end of each action. Sandstorm will last for 6 more actions.
8. I wasn't precisely sure how Sandstorm should be reffed time-wise, so I looked back at some of your recent reffings, Negrek, and it looked like you're reffing weather conditions as 9 actions each. Correct me if I'm wrong please.
9. I Googled this arena and I was wondering: was this the inspiration for this arena? Not really important, but just wondering.
10. Crystylla would attack first in the next round if this were an actual battle and not a reffing tryout.

Last edited:
Here we go again!

Mock said:
Arena Description;

?v?
DQ: Unknown
DC: None
Banned Moves; Any move requiring a sky or floor is prohibited. However, Fly will simply do its effect, but not as well, seeing as there is no sky to fly up into. Weather attacks are also prohibited.
Arena: Network
Physical Description:Radom lines of HTML and CSS will stream through every three rounds, and if it touches either pokemon, the following things may happen (not all at once):
Effects; 5% HP loss (Usually)
+2 to all stats (Sometimes for Porygon and Porygon2, rarely for other Pokemon)
Fainting (Almost never, but for Water pokemon, sometimes)
Full Energy and HP restore (Almost never for ALL pokemon)
If the battle rages on for 40 turns, a virus will come through, and reduce all Pokemon's health by 25%.

Pokemons’ Current Stats

Icy Vaporeon
[Forest]
Scyther.png
(F) <???>
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Orders: Double Team ~ False Swipe ~ Agility (To dodge flamethrower)

pokemongirl
[Ryuuzard]
Charmander.png
(M) <Blaze>
Energy: 100%
Orders: Attract/Protect ~ Dragon Dance/Protect ~ Flamethrower/Protect
Status: Scratching the back of his head in awe of the Scyther opponent…

Round 1 Begin!

As the two take their somewhat awkward places on the field, they look about. They were standing on a large word document watching as CSS files and HTML files flew by. Ryuuzard gets himself together, and blows a few smoke rings, shaped like hearts to forest. The Scyther, cut off guard, can do nothing but find how charmingly cute her little Ryuuzard. She knows she was told to make clones of herself, but chooses not to, seeing no point in making more of herself for Ryuuzard.

Ryuuzard, pleased with the current state of Forest, begins to dance a strange and ancient dance, honing in on his draconic nature, powering up his attack, and becoming faster. Forest, still mesmerized by her charming little opposite, had been commanded to use false swipe, only to stop, wondering why she would want to do anything to her little darling Ryuuzard.

Ryuuzard, now grinning menacingly, raises his head, flame building up inside his mouth. Unleashing the flame, he startles Forest, who proceeds to avoid it with Agility. Forest looks at cute little Ryuuzard, not impressed with his attempt to incinerate her. She was happy she decided to listen, narrowly avoiding a significant amount of pain.

Pokemons’ Current Stats

Icy Vaporeon
[Forest]
Scyther.png
(F) <???>
Energy: 97%
Last Orders: Double Team ~ False Swipe ~ Agility (To dodge flamethrower)
Status: Disapproving with Ryuuzards last action. Attracted: Mild

pokemongirl
[Ryuuzard]
Charmander.png
(M) <Blaze>
Energy: 80%
Last Orders: Attract/Protect ~ Dragon Dance/Protect ~ Flamethrower/Protect
Status: Amused with his current success. Speed +1 Attack +1

Notes

- Ryuuzard attacked first, and therefore landed attract.
- Double Team didn’t work as out of 100 1-75 being no attack, Forest got a 54.
- False Swipe missed, as out of 1-75, Forest got a 63.
- Agility worked, allowing Forest to evade the attack. (Out of 50 (lowered do to the flamethrower incoming) she got a 43)
- Icy Vaporeon would attack next

Last edited:
Advanced-Level Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arena Description
2v2, one out at a time

Light banished the darkenss on this ship long ago - therefore, Dark- and Ghost-types have a 5% power reduction whereas Psychics gain 5%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Current Pokemon status
Used: Double Team ~ Dive into crew pit ~ Dragonbreath

[Draco] Dratini (M)
Used: Ice Beam ~ Ice Beam ~ Iron Tail

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaltiger
y'know, by all regards, Iron Tail should've done just as much damage as Ice Beam, both attacks having equal base powers in ASB. o.o

but anyway. We're at a bit of a disadvantage here, so you'll have to concentrate. First, I want you to use a Sandstorm; then, he'll have no idea where you are and so on. After that, a nice Earthquake to shake things up; the ship will survive, but he'll take damage. Finally, Chill a bit. If he manages to get an attack through the storm, Protect instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystylla
Ice Beam if you can get a clear shot, otherwise, Swift. Jump at the Earthquake.

opaltiger versus Crystylla: Round WHOKNOWS

Team opaltiger
Onix

Commands: Sandstorm ~ Earthquake ~ Chill/Protect

Team Crystylla
Dratini

Commands: Ice Beam/Swift ~ Jump ~ Ice Beam/Swift

ROUND WHOKNOWS BEGIN!​

As Monolith hid inside one of The Ravager's crew pits, Draco summoned a small ball of pure ice.
Monolith tried to dive out of the way as a soft blue beam rocketed across the slightly damaged floor of the ship, but the beam hit him square in the ...chest...rock... Monolith's head slammed backwards breaking off chunks of the wall.
Meanwhile, Monolith was having trouble thinking of a way to summon up a sandstorm in the middle of a flying warship, even if his head wasn't spinning he would have had trouble.
With a roar, Monolith pounded his tail into The Ravager's floor shaking the entire ship. Right before Monolith's tail slammed into the floor, Draco jumped to his best ability.
To his Trainer's dismay, peices of broken-warship still pelted him. Draco was angered and hurt, and He summoned all the cold he could to the single point of his growing stub of a horn.
The Icebeam shot almost like frozen electricity towards Monolith, just before the Icebeam hit Monolith, it stopped , and abruptly went in an oval around Monolith. he had protected.

END ROUND WHOKNOWS

Team opaltiger

Onix
Health: 60%
Energy: 68%

Commands used: Sandstorm ~ Earthquake ~ Protect

Team Crystylla

Dratini
Health: 80%
Energy: 54%

Commands used: Ice Beam ~ Jumped ~ Ice Beam​
Arena status:
Peices of the ship are missing, exposing other rooms, and whatn't
There is an approx. 2 foot wide by 4 feet deep, hole where Monolith performed Earthquake.

Ref's notes:
1. I used Veekun :3
2.Crystylla attacks first
3. First Icebeam hit Crit.
4. Second was Protected Against.
5.As there was no sand, no sandstorm, so i skipped (sorry)
6. i assumed that the previous rounds had at least damaged the ship a bit. so the earthquake did minimal damage.
7. i think my energy and damage is off. i will get better even if i have to do Novice...

Last edited:
I'm afraid I don't have time to do mock gradings this week, but here are paychecks:

Kratos Aurion: 1 = $12
moon-panther: 1 = $5
Negrek: 1 2 3 4 5 = $50

Back
Top Bottom