• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Platinum Status Thread

I just caught Dialga and Palkia, then caught the three regis after trading my event regigigas to platinum. Next I am going to catch the level 1 regigigas.

About to challenge the Canaclave gym! Wish Luck!

[Sona] Yanmega (F) Lv40 @ Nothing
[Baby] Vaporeon (F) Lv40 @ Nothing
[Elysia] Houndoom (F) Lv40 @ Soothe Bell
[Flick] Staraptor (F) Lv40 @ Shell Bell
[Gaia] Torterra (F) Lv40 @ Quick Claw
[Blaulich] Rotom (X) Lv40 @ Nothing

...I need held items.

Well, Cyrus and Giratina weren't a problem at all. My biggest troubles were getting slightly lost in Mt. Coronet and the Distortion World. Giratina is sitting in my PC right now.

Togekiss lv42
Pepper lv44
Bibarel lv38
Staraptor lv38
Crobat lv39
Piloswine lv40

Anybody else notice that your rival is the worst pokemon trainer ever when he is partnered up with you but other times he is a good one?

I've got the National Dex and I'm about to Battle Palkia and Dialga

Current Team:

Infernape
Garchomp
Giratina (Origin Form)
Darkrai
Luxray
Shaymin

Well, Gardenia has been defeated, Jupiter's been killed, and I have a random Meditite for no apparent reason. Yay.

Anybody else notice that your rival is the worst pokemon trainer ever when he is partnered up with you but other times he is a good one?

Not really... he's pretty terrible when you're fighting him, too. Though he does finally improve a little once he gets his Heracross.

Or are you referring to his miraculous ability to beat all the Gym Leaders even though he shouldn't have a chance against most of them?

Not really... he's pretty terrible when you're fighting him, too. Though he does finally improve a little once he gets his Heracross.

Or are you referring to his miraculous ability to beat all the Gym Leaders even though he shouldn't have a chance against most of them?

Even if he is terrible when fighting you, he is still better than many trainers. Though I do see your point about his badges.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE release the key already. It only has been a week, but it is tearing me up not being able to get Mow Rotom. Or Heat Rotom, for that matter.

My underleved Kirlia really really needs to get leveled to take on Maylene. Leveling that thing sucked because it wouldn't be able to defeat any of the pokémon (it's only two or three levels under, too), and it would faint and force another pokémon to get the exp. instead.

Current Party:
[Demeter] Grotle Lv. 28
[Psyche] Kirlia Lv. 26
[Boreas] Eevee Lv. 22
[Tonnerre] Luxio Lv. 27
[Staravia] Staravia Lv. 28
[HM Slave] Bibarel Lv. 18

Yay? I guess. I hope Maylene isn't too hard because then I'd have to level more. :( That would not be very fun. Umm, once I do beat her I'll be able to go back to Solaceon and Lost Tower to get my Duskull. Houndour will come soon when I go to Pastoria, which is next after Solaceon.

Mrrrph, just managed to get my copy yesterday and am only just returning to Jubilife.

Current team:
Piplup, 14
Shinx, 11
Starly, 11
Zubat, 10
Geodude, 8
Ponyta, 6

Yes.

My underleved Kirlia really really needs to get leveled to take on Maylene. Leveling that thing sucked because it wouldn't be able to defeat any of the pokémon (it's only two or three levels under, too), and it would faint and force another pokémon to get the exp. instead.

Experience Share? That's how I trained Eevee, Scyther and Houndour when I caught them. I think you can get it in the guardhouse between Eterna and Cycling Road.

Houndour will come soon when I go to Pastoria, which is next after Solaceon.

You can actually find Houndour upon entering Veilstone: the route that Houndour appears on and Lake Valor are south of Veilstone. I'm almost positive I had mine prior to fighting Maylene. :/

EDIT: Current team~

[Minuit] Noctowl (F) level 42
[Stormblade] Scyther (M) level 42
[Leafpool] Leafeon (F) level 42
[April] Houndoom (F) level 43
[Lightning] Pikachu (F) level 43 (Light Ball~ <3)
[Icewater] Empoleon (M) level 43

Training for Candice.

Last edited:
Experience Share? That's how I trained Eevee, Scyther and Houndour when I caught them. I think you can get it in the guardhouse between Eterna and Cycling Road.
Right now I'm using that on my Eevee, so.

You can actually find Houndour upon entering Veilstone: the route that Houndour appears on and Lake Valor are south of Veilstone. I'm almost positive I had mine prior to fighting Maylene. :/
Actually I'm training on that route now (stupid Lv. 32 Lucario), so I'll catch one tonight and probably train it (yay fire is super-effective against steel).

edit: the way I said that in the original post was kind of confusing, sorry. My plan was to catch Houndour after Maylene, but that's changed. (yay for clarifications).

edit2: I just found a Magmarizer (hooray no more stealing from innocent Magby) on Route 214. Does this mean there's an Electrizer later in the game also?

Speaking of evolution items, is it possible to get a Dubious Disc before the E4 or am I out of luck with that one? :c

I beat Byron earlier today; my team ranges from level 35-39 and is therefore probably underleveled. Infernape, Luxray, Drifblim, Porygon2, Yanmega, and Lumineon.

Beat most of Elite Four, stuck on Cynthia.

Team:

Infernape Lv. 72 [F] (Kyirin)
Staravia Lv. 17 [M] {HM Slave}
Bibarel Lv. 27 [M] {HM Slave}
Giratina Lv. 48
Azelf Lv. 50 (Esaul)
Uxie Lv. 50 (Artemis)

Haha my team is so skewed ><

EDIT: Um, if anyone can be assed, I need someone to help me transfer my team from Pearl. Now by the time anyone answers this the deal might be said and done, but I've gotta ask anyway.

Last edited:
Speaking of evolution items, is it possible to get a Dubious Disc before the E4 or am I out of luck with that one? :c

I beat Byron earlier today; my team ranges from level 35-39 and is therefore probably underleveled. Infernape, Luxray, Drifblim, Porygon2, Yanmega, and Lumineon.

I believe you can get a dubious disc before the league. Somehow I ended up with two of them.

Here's my team:
Empoleon Lv. 59
Luxray Lv. 59
Staraptor Lv. 58
Giratina Lv. 58
Bronzong Lv. 56
Abomasnow Lv. 57

If there is I don't know yet where it is. :x I'm in Snowpoint.
(oh that was an open question and if you felt it was aimed towards you then sorry :S)

I found it! It's near the Windworks iirc.
Okay! /ELECTRIVIRE TIME BÉBÉ/

There's one in the Galactic Warehouse.

Err, I think that's the Up-Grade and not the Dubious Disc. If there is a Dubious Disc anywhere I have not reached it yet or have missed it because I am lacking in that department (wow that was a long-winded sentence lol).

Err, I think that's the Up-Grade and not the Dubious Disc. If there is a Dubious Disc anywhere I have not reached it yet or have missed it because I am lacking in that department (wow that was a long-winded sentence lol).

I have both the Up-Grade and the Dubious Disc. I don't remember where I got the Up-Grade, but it was before the Warehouse, and I typed that post right after getting the Disc. 8D

Anyway! Attempting to catch Giratina with only the following:

1 Heal Ball, 3 Ultra Balls, 6 Great Balls, 1 Premier Ball, 3 Net Balls, 1 Nest Ball, 1 Dusk Ball and 1 Master Ball.

... wish me luck.

I have both the Up-Grade and the Dubious Disc. I don't remember where I got the Up-Grade, but it was before the Warehouse, and I typed that post right after getting the Disc. 8D

Anyway! Attempting to catch Giratina with only the following:

1 Heal Ball, 3 Ultra Balls, 6 Great Balls, 1 Premier Ball, 3 Net Balls, 1 Nest Ball, 1 Dusk Ball and 1 Master Ball.

... wish me luck.

Oh, I could have sworn I got the Up-Grade in the Warehouse.

Luck! In this game it kind of sucks because you can't really waste a Master Ball on Giratina because there's five running legendaries. I remember in Pearl I beat Cyrus and survived with one pokémon at less than 10 HP. I had to use the Master Ball. :(

Back
Top Bottom