• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

David Tennant quits as Doctor Who

what the hell

the doctor has historically had no relationships at all; rose was a surprising exception and was still danced around even in the davies finale

jack cameos occasionally but is hardly main cast, and he's not gay anyway

mickey is long gone

what the hell

the doctor has historically had no relationships at all; rose was a surprising exception and was still danced around even in the davies finale

There's this as well - in fact given there's only one regular male character asexuality is probably the way to go. I hadn't forgotten this, i just didn't mention it.

jack cameos occasionally but is hardly main cast, and he's not gay anyway

He's closer to being main cast than any other (non-Time Lord) male (John Barrowman is even listed in the opening credits), and whilst he isn't gay he is 'omnisexual' (or something), which is really bi+aliens. Still fills the 'gay' role when he does show up. (Or seems to to the uninterested eye in a show where the second most significant male character only makes cameo appearences)

mickey is long gone

He's the only other male character to have been around for more than one season and to have had more than one round trip in the TARDIS. Also he's back in the 'normal' universe, so he may show up again (or join Torchwood).

... I could've sworn this news was out ages ago. o_o Unofficially, or something.

But anyway; it was about time he moved on, I think. It wouldn't be the same show if the Doctor was the same for much longer than he's been in it already. I have some friends who were appauled when I told them, though. Three D: faces in a row.

I think it'd be awesome to have a female Doctor, but that'd probably be rocking the boat a bit too much for their taste. Maybe a later regeneration...

If they're sticking with guys, then I think James Nesbitt would be cool~ There was a rumour going around that it was him a couple of years back that got stamped on by the BBC, but he has worked with Moffat before and he was good at doing the manic bit in Jekyll, which is a Doctor quality. Aside from that, John Simm would've been cool, but he was the Master so eh.

@ The Doctor being gay thing: wouldn't have thought there would be much point seeing as he's pretty much always been very, er, un-sexual.

I wanted Tennant to do one more series as the Doctor, but change his personality slightly. A bit of a darker doctor, thats why I loved Series 3, it explores a different side to him, he should've stayed one more series to experiment with Moffat's new script. he'll be legend, he always has been, he says hes not bringing classic monsters back, I agree with him, but at least 1 Classic story in say 2 series. Oh well, I trust Moffat.

Richard.E.Grant.
Anyone?

Also The Doctor should never be a girl, don't mean to sound sexist, cos i'm not
The Doctor is a male timelord he probably can't even turn into a female, it makes me feel wierd and even angry when I hear that someone wants to be the next Doctor.

No one should really be the Doctor if they've already played an important role.

Except for Colin Baker ( but that kinda gets away with it)

Tracy Anne Oberman (or however you spell it) Wants to be the doctor *she played Yvonne Hartman in Army of Ghosts* -Groan-

A Black Doctor? Possibly, Adrian Lester would be perfect for the role, but sadly I don't see it happening.

Back
Top Bottom