• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Kingmaker Mafia III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eifie

oh man, good times.
Pronoun
she/her
While reminiscing about the good old days and being consumed by a nagging thought about some old mafia player whose username ended with two i's that I couldn't remember, I stumbled upon these two gems: one (first thread) two. Let's play again! Here are the rules!

Masterfully written medieval flavour text goes here. There are like, assassins in a village ruled by a king that changes daily or something. You know what, I'll just tell you the roles.

Mean Mafia People Who Try to Kill All the Nice People

Assassin Leader: Meanest of the mean. Kills a nice person every night.

Other Mean Guys: Still pretty mean. One of them undergoes Extreme Meanness Training and becomes the Assassin Leader if the old Assassin Leader dies.

Mean Mafia People collectively win the game if they kill all the Nice People, and lose the game if all the Mean Mafia People die. They know each other's identities and can communicate out-of-thread to discuss Mean Things.

Nice Villager People Who Just Want a Peaceful Life of Villaging

Kingmaker: Every night the Kingmaker sends the GM (that's me!) the names of two living players, excluding themself. The first choice (unless they are killed that night, in which case the other choice will be used instead) will be crowned King for the next day. The Kingmaker may not choose the same player twice until all of the other players have been chosen. If the Kingmaker is killed, a random Just Plain Nice Person will be chosen to become the new Kingmaker. Any player who claims Kingmaker during the game will be modkilled.

Hero: Much loved by all the villagers (though apparently they don't actually know who their hero is), if the King tries to execute the Hero, the village will retaliate and execute the King that day instead.

Head Mason: A nice villager endowed with extraordinary powers of niceness and persuasion, the Head Mason attempts to recruit one person each night to join their Legion of Trustworthy Nice People. Each player in the Legion of Trustworthy Nice People will be made aware of their fellow Trustworthy Nice People and said players' innocence, but the Legion of Trustworthy Nice People is unable to communicate out-of-thread. If the Head Mason attempts to recruit a Mean Mafia Person, the Head Mason will be killed instead of the actual target of the Mean Mafia People that night, because the Mean Mafia People just can't stand all this niceness bullshit.

Just Plain Nice People: There for moral support. It's nice to be nice.

Nice Villager People win the game when all the Mean Mafia People are dead.

The King

The King is the only player who may carry out an execution during the day. A new King (chosen by the Kingmaker) will be announced each morning. The villagers must spend the day trying to convince the King which player to execute. An execution each day is mandatory; if the King does not choose a player to execute before the end of the day, the Not-So-Nice-After-All Nice People will get bored and lynch the King instead. The King executes a person by posting Execute <player name>, after which the day phase ends immediately. Anyone but the current Kingmaker may be crowned King.

Other Things

• The roles of dead players will be revealed upon death.
  • I'll decide and announce the number of innocents and mafia once the game starts.
  • I don't know what else is important man

Let's play! :D! :D!

9 is kind of an awkward number, but with the lack of innocent power roles it might be workable. 3 mafia, 1 kingmaker, 1 hero, 1 head mason, 6 just plain nice people. I'll go with that if we don't get any more people in, say, 24 hours?

Excellent! I would actually like to cap this at 10 since 11 is another awkward number. I'll make the thread in a bit.

(locking this BECAUSE I CAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom