• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Cynder and Keldeo vs RedneckPhoenix and Stryke

Round Two

Cynder (O)
sandshrew-alola.png

Pierre the male Sandshrew (Alola Form)
Speed: 30
Ability: Snow Cloak
(Lowers incoming moves' accuracy by a flat 10% during hail.)
Item: Weakness Policy
(Raises Attack and Special Attack when hit by a super-effective move by one stage for each level of weakness. One use per battle.)
Health: 66%
Energy: 92%
Status: Shaking and scared. Severely Paralyzed. Taunted, 1 more action. +2 Attack, +2 Special Attack.
Commands: Leech Life @Dramabase ~ Toxic @Dramabase / Leech Life @Dramabase / Icicle Spear @Dramabase ~ Icicle Spear @Dramabase / Poison Jab @Meme-ikyu

Keldeo (O)
litten.png

Tybalt the male Litten
Speed: 53
Ability: Blaze
(Multiplies Fire moves' base power by 1.3 at 33% health or less.)
Item: ---
Health: 92%
Energy: 88%
Commands: Torment @ Dramabase ~ Taunt @ Dramabase / Flame Charge @ Dramabase ~ Nasty Plot / Taunt @ Dramabase / Flame Charge

RedneckPhoenix (O)
mimikyu-busted.png

Meme-ikyu the male Mimikyu
Speed: 96
Ability: Disguise
(Mimikyu has a Disguise with 10% health when it first enters battle.)
Health: 78%
Energy: 84%
Status: Hoping his Disguise isn't too badly damaged. Disguise busted.
Commands: Rest~Sleep Talk@ Pierre~ Sleep Talk@ Tybalt / Rest ~ Sleep Talk @ Tybalt ~Toxic @ Pierre / Rest ~ Toxic @ Tybalt ~ Toxic @ Pierre

Stryke (O)
drampa.png

Dramabase the male Drampa
Speed: 36
Ability: Cloud Nine
(Negates all effects of weather, but does not prevent the weather itself.)
Health: 68%
Energy: 86%
Commands: Flamethrower@Pierre/Roost~Flamethrower@Pierre/Double Team/Roost~Rock Slide@Tybalt & Pierre/Double Team/Roost

-----

Meme-ikyu looked around, assessing the battle's damage so far. He shivered a little at how calm everything still looked - could it get worse?! He'd better be prepared. He settled down, stepping carefully where his shadow had been so the pavement didn't burn his feet. Then he closed his eyes and blanketed himself in a psychic healing sleep. Tybalt, meanwhile, had his attention trained on Dramabase. The fire kitten smirked and (carefully, with his jittery limbs) made a few aggressive lunges at the dragon, calling out insults and jeers. Satisfaction warmed Tybalt's heart, but then it chilled over when Dramabase directed his frustration not at the Litten, but at Tybalt's ice-type teammate. Gushing flames poured from Dramabase's mouth, and Pierre screamed with the pain of it. Tybalt cried out in sympathy for his teammate. When the flames cleared, the little Sandshrew was quivering on the ground, tufts of stray grass smoking around him. Shakily, Pierre picked himself up, and a steely glint filled his eyes. He was not done, wouldn't be counted out that easily. Spreading his paws wide, tiny barbs grew from his teeth, almost imperceptible to a dragon Pokemon standing far away. The Sandshrew pushed his hind paws against the street and lunged for Dramabase and snick! - his teeth struck the Drampa savagely in the weakest points of his long body; it was Dramabase's turn to cry out. Pierre closed his eyes as some of the health flowed back to him.

Unfortunately for Dramabase, his teammate was asleep and could not sympathize with his pain. Meme-ikyu rocked gently side to side and began to murmur in his sleep. A weak static pulse flickered around him, and it suddenly zapped from him to Pierre, who gasped and fell, twitching as his paralysis worsened. Meanwhile, Dramabase clawed the ground in agonized frustration; he wanted so badly to unleash another stream of flames, but the Litten was watching him. Judging him. He had to do something different. Thoughtfully, he began to walk in a circle, watching the tip of his tail flicker brightly behind him. Ah, he had never noticed the tip of his tail, maybe he could see it closer. A short moment later, Dramabase could indeed see the tip of his own tail - on the two identical clones that flanked him. The three Pokemon spread out, twisting their serpentine bodies in the dazzling sunlight, all looking as real as the single Drampa had a moment earlier. Tybalt had some choice insults prepared, but he hesitated. Which Dramabase was real? Growling, he whipped his head to stare one directly in the eyes and tossed his insulting words. The other Pokemon gasped at the challenge the Litten issued, but the Dramabase he made eye contact with smirked. It melted away, completely unphased: a clone. Tybalt hissed. Next to him, Pierre grimaced, but he thought he would have better luck. He conjured up a glob of toxins and muck, and didn't take too long to choose which Drampa to throw it at; there were only two and the poisons were stinging his own hands. With the sentiment of a prayer, Pierre threw the glob at a dragon, then cursed loudly as the poison passed right through the image and soaked its way into the sun-baked street. Dramabase hurled himself in frustration at Tybalt, his sudden aggression shocking the little fire kitten into a panicked yowl. Limping away, he was immediately assaulted with an insult from Tybalt (was his attack not good enough?!) and a poisonous glob from Pierre. Dramabase whipped around, a gurgling roar tumbling out of his throat.

Meme-ikyu, peacefully asleep, murmured more. This time nothing happened; he snuggled a little into his resting place, dreaming restful thoughts. The aroma of seawater wafted around him. Suddenly alone, Drampa flicked his tail and raised his head. A strange, cavernous roar grumbled from his throat, and a tumble of salt-crusted rocks came pouring down from the sky. The boulders flickered across the sun, and onlookers shielded their eyes to watch where they went. Pierre was able to shield his eyes, but not his body - the rocks struck both him and his teammate in a devastating rockslide. The people on the streets chattered, trying to see the two Pokemon buried in the rockfall. Tybalt couldn't pick himself up; he stayed where he was among the boulders. He and Pierre made eye contact and grimaced; Pierre's limbs were seizing up too much to move. Despite their grim situation, they took a little comfort in each other's presence. Across the street, Meme-ikyu's eyes opened and the little Pokemon stretched brightly.

-----

Cynder (O)
sandshrew-alola.png

Speed: 30
(Raises Attack and Special Attack when hit by a super-effective move by one stage for each level of weakness. One use per battle.)
Health: 50%
Status: A little shaky but determined. Severely Paralyzed. 19% failure rate. +2 Attack, +2 Special Attack.
Used: Leech Life ~ Toxic (Missed) ~ Fully Paralyzed

Keldeo (O)
litten.png

Tybalt the male Litten
Speed: 53
Health: 84% 79%
Energy: 80%
Status: Down, but not out. Moderately Paralyzed. 15% failure rate.
Commands: Torment ~ Taunt (Missed) ~ Flinched

RedneckPhoenix (O)
mimikyu-busted.png

Speed: 96
Health: 100%
Energy: 63%
Status: Humming a little tune, feeling very refreshed. Awake. Disguise busted.
Used: Rest ~ Sleep Talk (Thunder Wave) ~ Sleep Talk (Rest)

Stryke (O)
drampa.png

Speed: 36
Health: 54% 50%
Energy: 74% 73%
Status: The fires of battle are lighting up his eyes. Tormented, 2 actions remaining. Zero clones remaining. Tormented, 2 actions remaining. Taunted, 2 actions remaining. Toxic poisoned (2% this round, 3% next round).
Used: Flamethrower ~ Double Team Struggle ~ Rock Slide

Arena Status
  • A Lucky Egg rolls around in front of the buildings, feeling very unlucky right now.
  • The streets are cluttered with boulders. The pavement is decorated with scorch lines and pock marks.

Round Total

Pierre's Energy: 92% - 4% (Leech Life) - 4% (Toxic) = 84%
Pierre's Health: 66% - 18% (Flamethrower) + 7% (Leech Life) - 5% (Rock Slide) = 50%
Tybalt's Energy: 88% - 4% (Torment) - 4% (Taunt) = 80%
Tybalt's Health: 92% - 5% (Struggle) - 8% (Rock Slide) = 84% 79%

Meme-ikyu's Energy: 84% - 17% (Rest) - 4% (Sleep Talk) = 63%
Meme-ikyu's Health: 78% + 8% (Rest) + 7% (Rest) + 7% (Rest) = 100%
Dramabase's Energy: 86% - 5% (Flamethrower) - 2% (Double Team) 3% (Struggle) - 5% (Rock Slide) = 74% 73%
Dramabase's Health: 68% - 14% (Leech Life) - 2% (Struggle Recoil) - 1% (Toxic poisoning) - 1% (Toxic poisoning) = 54% 50%

Action One
Meme-ikyu's pre-action status: [No status.]
Meme-ikyu uses Rest.
Energy: 22% * (3/4) round up = 17%
Meme-ikyu's post-action status: + (100%-78%)/3 = + 8% health (22% total). [Asleep, two actions remaining.]
Meme-ikyu's Energy: 84% - 17% = 67%
Meme-ikyu's Health: 78% + 8% = 86%

Tybalt's pre-action status: [Severely Paralyzed. 19% failure rate.]
Paralysis check: 19% (roll ≤ 19 for failure): rolled 24, success (17% failure rate next time).
Tybalt uses Torment on Dramabase.
Energy: 4%
Effect: Dramabase can't use the same move twice in a row for five actions.
Tybalt's post-action status: [Moderately Paralyzed. 17% failure rate. Speed: 70 * (1/3) = 23.3]
Tybalt's Energy: 88% - 4% = 84%
Tybalt's Health: 92%

Dramabase's pre-action status: [Tormented, 5 actions remaining]
Dramabase uses Flamethrower on Pierre.
Energy: 90/20 round up = 5%
Burn check: 10% (roll ≤ 10 for burn): rolled 36, no burn.
Critical Hit: (roll ≤ 5 for critical hit): rolled 91, no CH
Damage: 9% x 2 = 18%
Dramabase's post-action status: [Tormented, 4 actions remaining.]
Dramabase's Energy: 86% - 5% = 81%
Dramabase's Health: 68%
Pierre's Health: 66% - 18% = 48%

Pierre's pre-action status: [Severely Paralyzed. 23% failure rate. Taunted, 1 more action. +2 Attack, +2 Special Attack.]
Paralysis check: 23% (roll ≤ 23 for failure): rolled 54, success (21% failure rate next time).
Pierre uses Leech Life on Dramabase.
Energy: 80/20 round up = 4%
Critical Hit: (roll ≤ 5 for critical hit): rolled 5, CH
Damage: 8% + 2% (+2 SpAtk) = 10% + (8 * 0.5 = 4)% (CH) = 14%
Health restored: 14%/2 = 7%
Pierre's post-action status: [Severely Paralyzed. 21% failure rate. No longer Taunted. +2 Attack, +2 Special Attack.]
Pierre's Energy: 92% - 4% = 88%
Pierre's Health: 48% + 7% = 55%
Dramabase's Health: 68% - 14% = 54%

Action Two
Meme-ikyu's pre-action status: [Asleep, two actions remaining.]
Meme-ikyu uses Sleep Talk at Pierre. (Has so far used Rest (1), Thunder Wave (2), Taunt (3), Thunder (4). Rolled 2, uses Thunder Wave.)
Accuracy: 90% (roll ≤ 90 for hit): rolled 7, hit
Effect: Pierre is Severely Paralyzed, but only back up to 23% failure rate.
Meme-ikyu's post-action status: + (100%-78%)/3 = + 7% health (22% total). [Asleep, one action remaining.]
Meme-ikyu's Energy: 67% - 4% = 63%
Meme-ikyu's Health: 86% + 7% = 93%

Dramabase's pre-action status: [Tormented, 4 actions remaining.]
Dramabase uses Double Team. Speed 36/12.5 round down = 2 clones.
Energy: 2 clones * 1% = 2%
Dramabase's post-action status: [Tormented, 3 actions remaining. Two clones.]
Dramabase's Energy: 81% - 2% = 79%
Dramabase's Health: 54%

Dramabase uses Struggle at Tybalt.
Energy: 3%
Critical Hit: (roll ≤ 5 for critical hit): rolled 84, no CH
Damage: 5% to Tybalt, 5*(1/4) = 1.25% round up = 2% recoil to Dramabase
Dramabase's post-action status: [Tormented, 3 actions remaining.]
Dramabase's Energy: 81% - 3% = 78%
Dramabase's Health: 54% - 2% = 52%
Tybalt's Health: 92% - 5% = 87%

Tybalt's pre-action status: [Moderately Paralyzed. 17% failure rate.]
Paralysis check: 17% (roll ≤ 17 for failure): rolled 77, success (15% failure rate next time).
Tybalt uses Taunt on Dramabase.
Double Team accuracy (roll ≤ 1 out of 3 for hitting the real Dramabase): rolled 2, hit a clone
Effect: Missed. Destroyed a clone.
Effect: Dramabase is now Taunted.
Dramabase's status: [Tormented, 3 actions remaining. Taunted, 3 actions remaining.]
Tybalt's post-action status: [Moderately Paralyzed. 15% failure rate.]
Tybalt's Energy: 84% - 4% = 80%
Tybalt's Health: 92% 87%

Pierre's pre-action status: [Severely Paralyzed. 21% failure rate. +2 Attack, +2 Special Attack.]
Paralysis check: 23% (roll ≤ 23 for failure): rolled 54, success (21% failure rate next time).
Pierre uses Toxic at Dramabase.
Accuracy: 90% (roll ≤ 90 for hit): rolled 43, hit
Double Team accuracy (roll ≤ 1 out of 2 for hitting the real Dramabase): rolled 2, hit a clone
Effect: Missed. Destroyed a clone.
Effect: Dramabase is now Toxic poisoned.
Damage: 1% [2% round total, 3% next round]
Pierre's post-action status: [Severely Paralyzed. 21% failure rate. +2 Attack, +2 Special Attack.]
Pierre's Energy: 88% - 4% = 84%
Pierre's Health: 55%
Dramabase's Health: 52% - 1% = 51%

Action Three
Meme-ikyu's pre-action status: [Asleep, one action remaining.]
Meme-ikyu uses Sleep Talk at Tybalt. (Has so far used Rest (1), Thunder Wave (2), Taunt (3), Thunder (4). Rolled 1, uses Rest.)
Effect: Rest failed.
Meme-ikyu's post-action status: + (100%-78%)/3 = + 7% health (22% total). [Asleep, zero actions remaining.]
Meme-ikyu's Energy: 63%
Meme-ikyu's Health: 93% + 7% = 100%

Dramabase's pre-action status: [Tormented, 3 actions remaining. Zero clones remaining. Taunted, 3 actions remaining. Toxic poisoned (2% this round, 3% next round).]
Dramabase uses Rock Slide on Tybalt and Pierre.
Energy: 75/20 = 3.75% round up = 4% +1% (secondary effect) = 5%
-Tybalt
Accuracy: 90% (roll ≤ 90 for hit): rolled 54, hit
Flinch: 30% (roll ≤ 30 for flinch): rolled 25, flinch
Critical Hit: (roll ≤ 5 for critical hit): rolled 89, no CH
Damage: (7.5 x 3/(2+2) = 5.625)% x 1.5 (Rock to Fire) = 8.44% round down = 8%
-Pierre:
Accuracy: 90% (roll ≤ 90 for hit): rolled 35, hit
Flinch: 30% (roll ≤ 30 for flinch): rolled 57, no flinch
Critical Hit: (roll ≤ 5 for critical hit): rolled 45, no CH
Damage: (7.5 x 3/(2+2) = 5.625)% = 5.625% round down = 5%
Dramabase's post-action status: [Tormented, 2 actions remaining. Zero clones remaining. Taunted, 2 actions remaining. Toxic poisoned (2% this round, 3% next round).]
Dramabase's Energy: 79% - 5% = 74% 78% - 5% = 73%
Dramabase's Health: 51% - 1% [Toxic poisoned, 2% total this round, 3% total next round] = 50%
Tybalt's Health: 92% - 8% = 84% 87% - 8% = 79%
Pierre's Health: 55% - 5% = 50%

Tybalt's pre-action status: [Moderately Paralyzed. 15% failure rate.]
Flinched.
Tybalt's post-action status: [Moderately Paralyzed. 15% failure rate.]
Tybalt's Energy: 80%
Tybalt's Health: 84% 79%

Pierre's pre-action status: [Severely Paralyzed. 19% failure rate. +2 Attack, +2 Special Attack.]
Paralysis check: 19% (roll ≤ 19 for failure): rolled 17, failure.
Pierre's post-action status: [Severely Paralyzed. 19% failure rate. +2 Attack, +2 Special Attack.]
Pierre's Energy: 84%
Pierre's Health: 50%

Meme-ikyu's post-round status: Meme-ikyu wakes up. [No status.]

Notes:

• Speed order: Meme-ikyu (96) > Dramabase (36) > Tybalt (23.3) > Pierre (10).
  • I super messed up paralysis speed drops last round. Previously I reffed their speed drop as base speed MINUS one-quarter base speed for severe paralysis, when it should have been just one-quarter base speed. After checking with all of you, I am fixing it for the rest of the round but leaving the (slightly incorrect) results of the previous round. Therefore, from here on out, speed drops will be reffed as severe: new severe paralysis speed is one-quarter of base speed (so Tybalt's base speed is 70, severe speed WAS 52.5 and SHOULD have been 17.5, moderate paralysis speed is now 23.3. Pierre's base speed is 40, severe speed WAS 30 and SHOULD have been 10). Sorry for the error and the confusion, although the confusion might have mostly been on my part!
  • Meme-ikyu was at 78% health at the time of using Rest, so he restored 22% health total on his three rounds of being asleep. Normally I would have rounded down the health restored, but on action one I rounded up so he wasn't cheated out of a percentage of health.
  • After action one, Tybalt's paralysis lessened to Moderate status and his speed "increased" to 23.3.
  • Pierre's Leech Life was a critical hit.
  • I didn't look up the flavor for Leech Life at first so I wrote it like its GSC (&RSE?) attack animation which was just a barb flying out at the opponent, not actual biting hahaha
  • Meme-ikyu used Thunder Wave with Sleep Talk in action two.
  • Thunder Wave's paralysis has diminishing returns, so Pierre's paralysis failure rate only went back up to 23% instead of the full 25%.
    [*]Dramabase couldn't use Flamethrower in action two due to Torment and didn't see anyone using protecting moves, so used Double Team and created two clones.
    [*]Tybalt's Taunt and Pierre's Toxic both hit clones and destroyed them. Dramabase has no clones left after action two.

[*]Dramabase had no options other than Struggle in action two. He is now Tormented, Taunted, and Toxic poisoned. (poor guy)
  • Meme-ikyu used Rest with Sleep Talk in action three. It was ineffective.
  • Dramabase's Rock Slide caused Tybalt to Flinch in action three. A fitting result for my previous mistake I suppose ^_^;;
  • Pierre was fully paralyzed on action three.
  • Meme-ikyu is now awake.
  • I'm trying to format my calculations so that I don't miss anything and so it's easy to follow. I'm still working on the format. If you see something weird or something that I forgot, etc, please let me know! One notable thing: I'm rolling for Paralysis failure rather than success because the severity of Paralysis is based on the failure percentage and it made more sense this way - it's the same chance but different format.
  • Again, if you notice anything wrong or something I missed, please let me know!
  • Thanks for your patience all!
  • Keldeo and Cynder command first.

Last edited:
Thanks for reffing, SS! I have a question about this section of your notes:

Dramabase couldn't use Flamethrower in action two due to Torment and didn't see anyone using protecting moves, so used Double Team and created two clones.

I was under the impression that Dramabase would only use Double Team on action two if there was a protecting move and he already Roosted on action one - see Finchwidget's commands quoted below (emphasis mine) - with no commands for if there wasn't a protecting move and he couldn't use Flamethrower. Am I misinterpreting something? (I thought the "or Double Team" in the first sentence was a typo, since there's no Double Team in the first action of the command string whereas there probably would have been if Double Team was just a fallback option, but I may be misreading it.)

You seem pretty dimma-dang hurt, Dramabase, so you should probably Roost up if they try to use any protecting moves, or Double Team, and a dimma-Double Team of two clones on any subsequent turns when it happens. But otherwise, let's see if we can dimma-do these guys in. Start off with a Flamethrower at Pierre, and then a Flamethrower at Pierre. Then, use a Rock Slide on the both of them.

Flamethrower@Pierre/Roost~Flamethrower@Pierre/Double Team/Roost~Rock Slide@Tybalt & Pierre/Double Team/Roost

Thanks for reffing, SS! I have a question about this section of your notes:

I was under the impression that Dramabase would only use Double Team on action two if there was a protecting move and he already Roosted on action one - see Finchwidget's commands quoted below (emphasis mine) - with no commands for if there wasn't a protecting move and he couldn't use Flamethrower. Am I misinterpreting something? (I thought the "or Double Team" in the first sentence was a typo, since there's no Double Team in the first action of the command string whereas there probably would have been if Double Team was just a fallback option, but I may be misreading it.)
Hmm. I see what you're saying. Finchwidget, is this what you had in mind? :O

*looks up from Netflix*
Huh?? What?? Food?? Wait... Oh, ok. Yeah, what Keldeo said is correct; Dramabase was only meant to Double Team if there was a protecting move up; I didn't account for Torment at all! And the "or Double Team" meant if the opposing Pokemon used a Protecting move or Double Team, then use Roost/Double Team. I can see how you misread it, though; I probably shouldn't have put that comma there. Anyway, if theres anything else, let me know!
*continues watching Good Burger*
*mutters to self* I'm a dude, he's a dude, she's a dude, we're all dudes, hey!...

Okay, so I am interpreting this as Dramabase shouldn't have used Double Team, instead resorting to Struggle, which means I have some corrections to do. I'll get started on that.

I guess maybe waiting to command would be good :( Sorry everyone.

If anyone strongly disagrees with this, let me know. Otherwise I'll have a correction up shortly.

Hey all. Round is fixed/updated. Sorry for the delay :(

I will try to not mess up next round. Cynder and Keldeo are up first.

Sorry, this completely slipped my mind.

Go for Acrobatics on Dramabase to start, and take some Revenge on him next. Try Acrobatics again if your first didn't work, though. End with Fake Out; if he puts up a Protect before you start moving, use Swords Dance, or if he protects and you're Taunted, Shadow Claw Meme.

Acrobatics @ Dramabase ~ Revenge @ Dramabase / Acrobatics @ Dramabase ~ Fake Out @ Dramabase / Swords Dance / Shadow Claw @ Meme-ikyu

Pierre, Icicle Crash into Dramabase twice, then finish off the round with a Swords Dance. If you spaz out in one of the first two actions use Brick Break on the last action instead. If you are taunted, but did manage to make both of your earlier attacks, hit Meme with an Iron Head.

Icicle Crash @ Dramabase ~ Icicle Crash @ Dramabase ~ Swords Dance / Iron Head @ Meme-ikyu / Brick Break @ Dramabase

Well, I see you've planned your commands out to a FAULT, but now, I'm afraid you're about to be GROUNDE, if you DIG what I'm saying

I'm using Earthquake a whole bunch of times if you couldn't tell

Earthquake x3

Round Three

Cynder (O)
sandshrew-alola.png

Speed: Base 40 -> Severely Paralyzed -> 10
Status: A little shaky but determined. Severely Paralyzed. 19% failure rate. +2 Attack, +2 Special Attack.
Commands: Icicle Crash @ Dramabase ~ Icicle Crash @ Dramabase ~ Swords Dance / Iron Head @ Meme-ikyu / Brick Break @ Dramabase

Keldeo (O)
litten.png

Tybalt the male Litten
Speed: Base 70 -> Moderately Paralyzed -> 23.3
Health: 79%
Energy: 80%
Status: Down, but not out. Moderately Paralyzed. 15% failure rate.
Commands: Acrobatics @ Dramabase ~ Revenge @ Dramabase / Acrobatics @ Dramabase ~ Fake Out @ Dramabase / Swords Dance / Shadow Claw @ Meme-ikyu

RedneckPhoenix (O)
mimikyu-busted.png

Speed: Base 96
Health: 100%
Energy: 63%
Status: Humming a little tune, feeling very refreshed. Awake. Disguise busted.
Commands: Thunder ×3 @ Pierre

Stryke (O)
drampa.png

Speed: Base 36
Energy: 73%
Status: The fires of battle are lighting up his eyes. Tormented, 2 actions remaining. Taunted, 2 actions remaining. Toxic poisoned (2% this round, 3% next round).
Commands: Earthquake x3

-----

Still feeling great, Meme-ikyu hopped in place, relishing his clear mind. Another bolt would do just fine, he decided, and chanted down another blaze of lightning onto Pierre, who was thrown back by the impact. Not wanting to be outdone, Dramabase turned a calculating circle around himself before slamming down on the pavement, sending slabs of concrete and all three Pokemon flying. Pierre and Tybalt shuddered at the painful impact, dragging themselves slowly together, and Meme-ikyu shrieked a protest that his partner attacked him, as well!

Tybalt, staggering out of the rubble and hauling himself onto a flat stretch of ground, tried to twist and leap into the air to attack Dramabase, but his muscles seized up instead and he knelt, quivering, as the sun slipped further behind them towards the sea. Seeing his partner's pain, Pierre stretched out his paws and fired giant icicles at the offending dragon, which smacked Dramabase down into a fissure in the road that his own move had created. Still hurting but more satisfied, Pierre smirked.

Sure, Meme-ikyu HAD been upset with Dramabase, but he wasn't about to stand for this assault from a little snowy shrew on his friend. Meme-ikyu summoned another huge bolt of lightning, but in his haste, the bolt whipped free from his control and shot harmlessly into the ground. Furious about the way he was being treated, Dramabase slapped his tail against the ground, but could think of nothing to do. His Earthquake didn't budge the smile from his opponent's face; no way another one would work! He snapped his jaws and growled, trying to think. He couldn't do the same thing, but he couldn't do nothing, either... Dramabase let out a frustrated snarl and barreled into Tybalt. Be impressed with that! Dramabase screeched, half angry, half desperately wanting to impress the kitten who'd insulted him.

Meanwhile, Tybalt managed to peel himself off of the ground and successfully leaped into the air, claws extended and battle cry screaming from his mouth. Mid-twist on his way to Dramabase, Tybalt's back panged with paralysis and he missed his last twist in the sequence, still crashing hard into Dramabase, but not as well as the fire kitten had intended. Pierre, flushed with his success, launched another crystal of ice at the dragon, but like Meme-ikyu, missed.

Since he was already so close to Dramabase, Tybalt snaked a paw out to the snake dragon and snagged claws into Dramabase's leg. Dramabase, startled by the Litten's nearness and quickness, forgot what he was to do. At least he felt less troubled about it now. Atop a new rise of broken pavement, Meme-ikyu had a better view of the field for his next blast of lightning, which struck Pierre truly this time. Pierre tried to roll himself up to escape the blast, but was unsuccessful and stayed curled up for a moment, shuddering with weakness. He forced himself upright and began to swirl around in a warrior's dance, envisioning swords in his hands. His paralysis held him back, but it was still a graceful sight to see. Tybalt nodded with approval.

-----

Cynder (O)
sandshrew-alola.png

Speed: Base 40 -> Moderately Paralyzed -> 13.3
Health: 13%
Energy: 72%
Status: Shivering, but proud. Moderately Paralyzed. 13% failure rate. Speed: 40 * (1/3) = 13.3. +3 Attack, +2 Special Attack.
Used: Icicle Crash @ Dramabase ~ Icicle Crash @ Dramabase (missed) ~ Swords Dance

Keldeo (O)
litten.png

Tybalt the male Litten
Speed: Base 70 -> Mildly Paralyzed -> 35
Health: 59%
Energy: 70%
Status: Determined. Mildly Paralyzed. 11% failure rate. Speed: 70 * (1/2) = 35.
Used: (paralyzed) ~ Acrobatics @ Dramabase ~ Fake Out @ Dramabase

RedneckPhoenix (O)
mimikyu-busted.png

Speed: Base 96
Health: 90%
Energy: 39%
Used: Thunder @ Pierre ~ Thunder @ Pierre (missed) ~ Thunder @ Pierre

Stryke (O)
drampa.png

Speed: Base 36
Health: 14%
Energy: 64%
Status: A little confused about all the insults and fake moves and whatnot. Toxic poisoned (3% this round, 4% next round).
Used: Earthquake ~ Struggle @ Tybalt ~ (flinched)

Arena Status
  • The Lucky Egg rolled up a broken piece of concrete and made a flying leap into a perfect indent in a bush. Sitting upright, has a clear (and safe) view of the battlefield. Feels much luckier now.
  • The streets are cluttered with boulders. The pavement is completely torn up by Earthquakes. There are some slippery spots where Pierre's ice attacks are melting under the sun.

Round Total

Pierre's Energy: 84% - 5% (Icicle Crash) - 5% (Icicle Crash) - 2% (Swords Dance) = 72%
Pierre's Health: 50% - 11% (Thunder) - 15% (Earthquake) - 11% (Thunder) = 13%
Tybalt's Energy: 80% - 7% (Acrobatics) - 3% (Fake Out) = 70%
Tybalt's Health: 79% - 15% (Earthquake) - 5% (Struggle) = 59%

Meme-ikyu's Energy: 63% - 8% (Thunder) - 8% (Thunder) - 8% (Thunder) = 39%
Meme-ikyu's Health: 100% - 10% (Earthquake) = 90%
Dramabase's Energy: 73% - 6% (Earthquake) - 3% (Struggle) = 64%
Dramabase's Health: 50% - 1% (Toxic) - 18% (Icicle Crash) - 2% (Struggle) - 1% (Toxic) - 9% (Acrobatics) - 4% (Fake Out) - 1% (Toxic) = 14%

Action One

[*]Speed order: Meme-ikyu (96) > Dramabase (36) > Tybalt (23.3) > Pierre (10).

Action One Attempts
Meme-ikyu uses Thunder at Pierre.
Dramabase uses Earthquake.
Tybalt uses Acrobatics at Dramabase.
Pierre uses Icicle Crash at Dramabase.

Meme-ikyu's pre-action status: Awake. Disguise busted.
Meme-ikyu uses Thunder on Pierre.
Energy (Meme-ikyu): (110 + 20 / 20 = 6.5% round up = 7%) +1% (secondary effect) = 8%
Accuracy: 70% (roll ≤ 70 for hit): rolled 45, hit
Damage (Pierre): 11%
Paralysis: 30% (roll ≤ 30 for paralysis): rolled 31, no additional paralysis
Critical Hit: (roll ≤ 5 for critical hit): rolled 71, no CH
Meme-ikyu's post-action status: Disguise busted.
Meme-ikyu's Energy: 63% - 8% = 55%
Pierre's Health: 50% - 11% = 39%

Dramabase's pre-action status: Tormented (can't use the same move in a row), 2 actions remaining. Taunted (can't use non-damaging moves), 2 actions remaining. Toxic poisoned (3% this round, 4% next round).
Energy (Dramabase): (100 + 20 / 20 = 6%)
Damage (Pierre): 10% x 1.5 = 15%
Critical Hit: (roll ≤ 5 for critical hit): rolled 97, no CH
Damage (Tybalt): 10% x 1.5 = 15%
Critical Hit: (roll ≤ 5 for critical hit): rolled 35, no CH
Damage (Meme-ikyu): 10%
Critical Hit: (roll ≤ 5 for critical hit): rolled 93, no CH
Toxic Damage (Dramabase): 1% (3% this round, 4% next round)
Dramabase's post-action status: Tormented (can't use the same move in a row), 1 actions remaining. Taunted (can't use non-damaging moves), 1 actions remaining. Toxic poisoned (3% this round, 4% next round).
Dramabase's Energy: 73% - 6% = 67%
Dramabase's Health: 50% - 1% = 49%
Pierre's Health: 39% - 15% = 24%
Tybalt's Health: 79% - 15% = 64%
Meme-ikyu's Health: 100% - 10% = 90%

Tybalt's pre-action status: Moderately Paralyzed. 15% failure rate. Speed: 70 * (1/3) = 23.3.
Paralysis check: 15% (roll ≤ 15 for failure): rolled 1, fully paralyzed (15% failure rate next time).
Tybalt does nothing.
Energy (Tybalt): n/a
Damage (Dramabase): n/a
Critical Hit: (roll ≤ 5 for critical hit): rolled n/a, no CH
Tybalt's post-action status: Moderately Paralyzed. 15% failure rate. Speed: 70 * (1/3) = 23.3.
Tybalt's Energy: n/a
Dramabase's Health: n/a

Pierre's pre-action status: Severely Paralyzed. 19% failure rate. Speed: 40 * (1/4) = 10. +2 Attack, +2 Special Attack.
Paralysis check: 19% (roll ≤ 19 for failure): rolled 82, success (17% failure rate next time, moderately paralyzed next time).
Pierre uses Icicle Crash on Dramabase.
Energy (Pierre): (85 / 20 = 4.25 round up = 5%) + 1% (secondary effect) - 1% (STAB) = 5%
Accuracy: 90% (roll ≤ 90 for hit): rolled 11, hit
Damage (Dramabase): 8.5% + (8.5 / 4 = 2.125%) +2% (+2 Attack) = 12.625% x 1.5 = 18.94% round down = 18%
Flinch: 30% (roll ≤ 30 for flinch): rolled n/a, no flinch, Pierre is moving after Dramabase
Critical Hit: (roll ≤ 5 for critical hit): rolled 51, no CH
Pierre's post-action status: Moderately Paralyzed. 17% failure rate. Speed: 40 * (1/3) = 13.3. +2 Attack, +2 Special Attack.
Pierre's Energy: 84% - 5% = 79%
Dramabase's Health: 49% - 18% = 31%

Action Two

[*]Speed order: Meme-ikyu (96) > Dramabase (36) > Tybalt (23.3) > Pierre (13.3).

Action Two Attempts
Tybalt uses Acrobatics at Dramabase (first did not work).
Pierre uses Icicle Crash at Dramabase.

Meme-ikyu's pre-action status: Disguise busted.
Energy (Meme-ikyu): (110 + 20 / 20 = 6.5% round up = 7%) +1% (secondary effect) = 8%
Accuracy: 70% (roll ≤ 70 for hit): rolled 89, miss
Damage (Pierre): n/a
Paralysis: 30% (roll ≤ 30 for paralysis): rolled n/a, no additional paralysis
Meme-ikyu's Energy: 55% - 8% = 47%
Pierre's Health: n/a

Dramabase's pre-action status: Tormented (can't use the same move in a row), 1 actions remaining. Taunted (can't use non-damaging moves), 1 actions remaining. Toxic poisoned (3% this round, 4% next round).
Dramabase just used Earthquake and has no other commands. Dramabase uses Struggle.
Energy (Dramabase): 3%
Damage (Tybalt): 5%
Damage (Dramabase): 5 * (1/4) = 1.25% round up = 2%
Critical Hit: (roll ≤ 5 for critical hit): rolled 85, no CH
Damage (Meme-ikyu): n/a
Dramabase's post-action status: Toxic poisoned (3% this round, 4% next round).
Dramabase's Energy: 67% - 3% = 64%
Dramabase's Health: 31% - 1% - 2% = 28%
Tybalt's Health: 64% - 5% = 59%
Meme-ikyu's Health: n/a

Tybalt's pre-action status: Moderately Paralyzed. 15% failure rate. Speed: 70 * (1/3) = 23.3.
Paralysis check: 15% (roll ≤ 15 for failure): rolled 44, success (13% failure rate next time).
Tybalt uses Acrobatics on Dramabase.
Energy (Tybalt): ((55 * 2 = 110) + 20 / 20 = 6.5 round up = 7%)
Damage (Dramabase): 11% - 2% (Paralysis, not able to execute quite as well) = 9%
Critical Hit: (roll ≤ 5 for critical hit): rolled 88, no CH
Tybalt's post-action status: Moderately Paralyzed. 13% failure rate. Speed: 70 * (1/3) = 23.3.
Tybalt's Energy: 80% - 7% = 73%
Dramabase's Health: 28% - 9% = 19%

Pierre's pre-action status: Moderately Paralyzed. 17% failure rate. Speed: 40 * (1/3) = 13.3. +2 Attack, +2 Special Attack.
Paralysis check: 17% (roll ≤ 17 for failure): rolled 73, success (15% failure rate next time).
Pierre uses Icicle Crash on Dramabase.
Energy (Pierre): (85 / 20 = 4.25 round up = 5%) + 1% (secondary effect) - 1% (STAB) = 5%
Accuracy: 90% (roll ≤ 90 for hit): rolled 96, missed
Damage (Dramabase): n/a
Flinch: 30% (roll ≤ 30 for flinch): rolled n/a, no flinch, Pierre is moving after Dramabase
Pierre's post-action status: Moderately Paralyzed. 15% failure rate. Speed: 40 * (1/3) = 13.3. +2 Attack, +2 Special Attack.
Pierre's Energy: 79% - 5% = 74%
Dramabase's Health: n/a

Action Three

[*]Speed order: Meme-ikyu (96) > Dramabase (36) > Tybalt (23.3) > Pierre (13.3).

Action Three Attempts
Tybalt uses Fake Out at Dramabase. (+3 priority)
Pierre uses Swords Dance. (I interpreted "spaz out" as being fully paralyzed - since Pierre wasn't fully paralyzed for either Icicle Crash (one just missed), I went with Swords Dance.)

Tybalt's pre-action status: Moderately Paralyzed. 13% failure rate. Speed: 70 * (1/3) = 23.3.
Paralysis check: 13% (roll ≤ 13 for failure): rolled 18, success (11% failure rate next time, mildly paralyzed next time).
Tybalt uses Fake Out on Dramabase. (+3 Priority)
Energy (Tybalt): (40 / 20 = 2%) + 1% (secondary effect) = 3%
Damage (Dramabase): 4%
Flinch: Automatic
Critical Hit: (roll ≤ 5 for critical hit): rolled , no CH
Tybalt's post-action status: Mildly Paralyzed. 11% failure rate. Speed: 70 * (1/2) = 35.
Tybalt's Energy: 73% - 3% = 70%
Dramabase's Health: 19% - 4% = 15%

Meme-ikyu's pre-action status: Disguise busted.
Accuracy: 70% (roll ≤ 70 for hit): rolled 5, hit
Damage (Pierre): 11%
Paralysis: 30% (roll ≤ 30 for paralysis): rolled 55, no additional paralysis
Critical Hit: (roll ≤ 5 for critical hit): rolled 54, no CH
Meme-ikyu's Energy: 47% - 8% = 39%
Pierre's Health: 24% - 11% = 13%

Dramabase's pre-action status: Toxic poisoned (3% this round, 4% next round).
Dramabase flinched from Tybalt's Fake Out.
Energy (Dramabase): n/a
Damage (Tybalt): n/a
Damage (Meme-ikyu): n/a
Dramabase's post-action status: Toxic poisoned (3% this round, 4% next round).
Dramabase's Energy: n/a
Dramabase's Health: 15% - 1% = 14%
Tybalt's Health: n/a
Meme-ikyu's Health: n/a

Pierre's pre-action status: Moderately Paralyzed. 15% failure rate. Speed: 40 * (1/3) = 13.3. +2 Attack, +2 Special Attack.
Paralysis check: 15% (roll ≤ 15 for failure): rolled 58, success (13% failure rate next time).
Pierre uses Swords Dance.
Energy (Pierre): 2%
Effect: +1 Attack (took off a point for paralysis)
Pierre's post-action status: Moderately Paralyzed. 13% failure rate. Speed: 40 * (1/3) = 13.3. +3 Attack, +2 Special Attack.
Pierre's Energy: 74% - 2% = 72%

Notes:

• Speed orders are before each action in the details. Speed order for start of next round is Speed order: Meme-ikyu (96) > Dramabase (36) > Tybalt (35) > Pierre (13.3).
  • Reference for not diluting Earthquake's damage
  • Tybalt was fully paralyzed on action 1.
  • Pierre dropped to moderate paralysis after action 1, and his speed is now 13.3.
  • Meme-ikyu's Thunder on action 2 missed.
  • Dramabase couldn't use Earthquake for a second time on action 2 due to Torment, and couldn't do nothing due to Taunt, so used Struggle at Tybalt.
  • I took 2% damage off of Tybalt's Acrobatics in action 2 due to it being a very physical move and he's still paralyzed.
  • Pierre's Icicle Crash in action 2 missed.
  • Tybalt dropped to mild paralysis after action 3, and his speed is now 35.
  • Dramabase flinched in action 3.
  • Pierre only got +1 Attack from Swords Dance in action 3 because, like Tybalt, he's paralyzed and it's a move that requires a lot of physical movement.
  • Please let me know if you see any mistakes/misinterpretations!
  • I wish I got paid in real life to do these :D
  • RedneckPhoenix and Stryke command first.

Last edited:
Use Pain Split on Dramabase, then use Thunder on Pierre ×2. Switch your target to Tybalt if Pierre is knocked out.

Pain Split (Dramabase) ~ Thunder (Pierre) / Thunder (Tybalt ~ Thunder (Pierre) / Thunder (Tybalt)

Alright, hit Tybalt with a good old Stomping Tantrum since our previous move failed. If for some reason it fails to hit due to Protect, Double Team, or something like that, keep using it until it hits. Otherwise, hit Tybalt with a Facade, followed by a good old Hyper Beam.

Stomping Tantrum @ Tybalt~Facade @ Tybalt/Stomping Tantrum @ Tybalt~Hyper Beam @ Tybalt/Stomping Tantrum @ Tybalt

Hmm, that Pain Split'll cost Meme-ikyu a fair bit of energy - hopefully enough that he'll fatigue himself into fainting this round. So try to Rest until it works, then chill out for as long as you can.

Rest ~ Chill / Rest ~ Chill / Rest

(Also can I just say I love the changing flavor for the Lucky Egg in the arena status.)

Same commands as Keldeo - Rest, then Chill once you have succeeded. Hopefully the paralysis won't get to you.

Rest ~ Rest / Chill ~ Rest / Chill

(Also can I just say I love the changing flavor for the Lucky Egg in the arena status.)

I'm so glad you're enjoying that <3

Okay, so the question has come up about what will happen if/when a Pokemon faints, and how I'm going to handle that is to end the round immediately after the action where that Pokemon faints (so slower pokemon will not take their action). Then the next round will proceed as normal, and the match will be over when both Pokemon from one team have fainted.

While this isn't 100% sensible for this battle (since no one will be sending out another Pokemon), it's consistent with other battles, so I guess that's how I'm going to do it! If this changes anyone's commands because you were depending on the round continuing if a Pokemon faints, let me know asap, otherwise I'll get started on these calcs!

FWIW that's a special rule I put in place for the Battle Royal battles; normally it works the same as in the games, where all pokémon make their move, and those aimed at the fainted pokémon simply miss/fail.

But you are still free to stop everything immediately when the mon faints if you prefer.

FWIW that's a special rule I put in place for the Battle Royal battles; normally it works the same as in the games, where all pokémon make their move, and those aimed at the fainted pokémon simply miss/fail.

But you are still free to stop everything immediately when the mon faints if you prefer.

Ack! Okay. For the sake of consistency and conserving brainpower, I think I'll keep it the "battle stops immediately" way, and then probably I will change it for future 1&1 vs 1&1 battles!

Back
Top Bottom