• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Challenge Board

This seems really cool. Here's a try for my first battle:

Format:2v2 singles
Style:Switch
DQ:1 week
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKO and direct recovery
Arena Description: We are playing... in a giant litter box. That's right, a giant litter box. Of course the trainers are standing outside of it, and besides it's clean anyway... right? Ground and rock type attacks are boosted 3%. Obvious cat types (Skitty, Purrloin, Meowth, Glameow, maybe more) gain 1.5% speed. (Would this mean that like, Purrloin with 66 speed gets 99 speed on the arena? Correct me if I am wrong.) (And also is this legal?)
Profile link: :link Profile
idk 1.5% isn't much
I'll take this

Well, I will make a short and sweet one, just to get the ball rolling.

Format: 1v1 Singles
Style: Set
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, Rest
Arena Description: A small forest, with a few ogres sleeping in some camps in little alcoves in the forest. They will tend to leave pokemon alone, unless directly attacked, then they will do 5% damage to the nearest pokemon and go back to sleep.
Additional Rules:
Profile link:here

I'll ref it.

I took a look at this before I joined, and it looked cool. I wasn't expecting it to reopen this quickly.
Anyways, since there don't seem to be any open challenges, here's one for my first battle.
Format: 2vs2 single
DQ: One week
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs
Arena Description: A Flat, Grassy Expanse
The arena is a grassy plain, with little variation in height. If a person weren't paying attention, they might describe it as sunny, but, despite the brightness, there aren't actually any celestial bodies visible in the sky. The grass waves slightly, despite there not being any noticeable wind. Trampled grass, or any alterations made to the battlefield, will correct themselves once nobody's looking at them. It doesn't seem to have any borders. How the battlers got there is a small mystery.
Flying pokemon are advised not to go higher than about one and a third kilometers above the ground. The battling pokemon are also advised not to get so far away from each other that they're out each out of the other's sight range, although visual obstruction shouldn't cause problems.
Profile link

I think you mean 1.5x, not 1.5%.

YES that's exactly what I meant. I totally forgot how that worked for a moment I guess. ZM you still taking this? Sorry for the misunderstanding. (If its a dealbreaker then I guess we'll still play it like the original.)

YES that's exactly what I meant. I totally forgot how that worked for a moment I guess. ZM you still taking this? Sorry for the misunderstanding. (If its a dealbreaker then I guess we'll still play it like the original.)

Ja, I was making a joke based on the typo. But tbh x1.2 would be a bit more reasonable.

I took a look at this before I joined, and it looked cool. I wasn't expecting it to reopen this quickly.
Anyways, since there don't seem to be any open challenges, here's one for my first battle.
Format: 2vs2 single
DQ: One week
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs
Arena Description: A Flat, Grassy Expanse
The arena is a grassy plain, with little variation in height. If a person weren't paying attention, they might describe it as sunny, but, despite the brightness, there aren't actually any celestial bodies visible in the sky. The grass waves slightly, despite there not being any noticeable wind. Trampled grass, or any alterations made to the battlefield, will correct themselves once nobody's looking at them. It doesn't seem to have any borders. How the battlers got there is a small mystery.
Flying pokemon are advised not to go higher than about one and a third kilometers above the ground. The battling pokemon are also advised not to get so far away from each other that they're out each out of the other's sight range, although visual obstruction shouldn't cause problems.
Profile link

I'll take this one! It'll be so much fun battling again!

Link to my profile

Posting an open challenge since none of my broskis have returned yet.

Format: 1v1 single

DQ Time: 5 days

Damage Cap: 30%

Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, recovery moves, Chills limited to 3/pokemon

Arena Description: Just A Plain-Ass Field

That's it, it's literally just a field. It's grassy. The sky is nice and blue and ripe for weather moves. There's a pond over there for water-types. It's pretty flat and overall boring. The designated arena is about two Wailords long and one Wailord wide. Anything goes, you know unless it's in the banned moves.

Additional Rules: Nope.

Profile Link: boop

Posting an open challenge since none of my broskis have returned yet.

Format: 1v1 single

Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, recovery moves, Chills limited to 3/pokemon

Arena Description: Just A Plain-Ass Field

That's it, it's literally just a field. It's grassy. The sky is nice and blue and ripe for weather moves. There's a pond over there for water-types. It's pretty flat and overall boring. The designated arena is about two Wailords long and one Wailord wide. Anything goes, you know unless it's in the banned moves.

Additional Rules: Nope.

Profile Link: boop
I'm going to need to fight an actual battle sooner or later, so I'll take you on.

profile link

Oh my god I thought this day might never come. Come at me, world!

Format: 3v3 singles
DQ: 7 days
Damage Cap: 25%
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, direct heals
Arena Description: Inside the Magic Typewriter

It was a dark, stormy night...

The inner workings of the giant, omnipotent magic typewriter are yours to destroy battle in. For those refs/battlers who aren't familiar with how a typewriter works, neither am I what's important is that when the letters are hit, metal blocks with letter-shaped engravings fly up on poles and smack a black ink ribbon. There's a platform within that's of an arbitrary size; it's big enough for the battlers and it's big enough that there's no danger of falling off. There's enough room for any sort of movement, but there's no water, and there's no earth, so no digging. Just a platform for standing.

At the end of the round, a sentence is typed into the typewriter. The typewriter, being magic, will then warp reality for the next round. This warp is up to the referee after the first round, and the effects disappear at the end of the round. The warp must also be impartial, and affect both battlers equally. When the sentence is entered, the letters go flying, so at the end of the round, each Pokemon has a 10% chance (25% if they have not moved from the spot they began the round in) of being smacked with a metal letter and pressed into the ink ribbon; this will cause 3% damage and cover the Pokemon in black ink for the next round, raising evasion by 1 and lowering accuracy by 1 (unless the Pokemon has no eyes/is blind). This ink can be washed off with water, but will also fade at the end of the next round.

The first round begins with the classic "It was a dark, stormy night..." which causes the first round of the battle to have rainy weather.

Profile link: Here

Edit: because a third party arena effect was a late-night idea and is completely unnecessary since the ref can do it.

Last edited:
Format: 2v2 single

Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, recovery moves

Arena Description: Asber Stadium

Large poké arena designed for simple and quick battles. About the size roughly of a soccer field, made of solid concrete. High walls surround the arena, protecting potential fans from getting injured during the battle. In the center a poké ball is painted onto the grould, a large white rectangle painted around the main battle area, with smaller rectangles indicating where the trainers are to stand.

(Imagine Indigo Plateau or any of the other major Stadium's basic arenas.)

Additional Rules: NA

Profile Link: Howdy.

Large poké arena designed for simple and quick battles. About the size roughly of a soccer field, made of solid concrete. High walls surround the arena, protecting potential fans from getting injured during the battle. In the center a poké ball is painted onto the grould, a large white rectangle painted around the main battle area, with smaller rectangles indicating where the trainers are to stand.

I'll take this as well. Profile is in my signature.

I'll take this as well. Profile is in my signature.

I'll ref you guys!

Back
Top Bottom