• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Mai vs Mawile

Grass King

1vs1 Single
Style: Set
DQ: 5 days
Damage Cap: None
Banned Moves: OHKO's
Arena: A Boat

A normal, cruise-ship-sized rowboat that is in the middle of the ocean. Oh, yeah, and it's about 50 miles away from Antarctica.

Mawile's Active squad:

[Scratch] Porygon2 (X) <Download>
Item: Dubious Disc
EXP: 1

[Terezi] Oshawott (F) <Torrent>
Item: None
EXP: 0

[Etna] Togepi (F) <Serene Grace>
Item: Shiny Stone
Happiness: 1

[Dave] Scraggy (M) <Moxie>
EXP: 3

[Rose] Litwick (F) <Flame Body>
Item: Lucky Egg

[John] Sentret (M) <Keen Eye>
EXP: 2

[Sollux] Duosion (M) <Magic Guard>
EXP: 5

[Karkat] Archen (M) <Defeatist>

[Jade] Cottonee (F) <Infiltrator>
Item: Sun Stone

[Aradia] Gastly (F) <Levitate>

Mai's Active Squad:

[Nephtys] Ralts (F) <Trace>

[Cynda] Cyndaquil (F) <Blaze>

[Dia] Sableye (M) <Stall>

[Azuraine] Nidorino (M) <Poison Point>
Item: Moon Stone

[Karkat Vantas] Snivy (M) <Contrary>

[Visionary] Deino (M) <Hustle>

[Harlequin] Oshawott (M) <Torrent>

[Rebecca] Zigzagoon (F) <Pickup>

[Tuft] Accelgor (M) <Hydration>
Item: Big Root

Mawile sends out
Mai sends out and issues commands
Mawile issuses commands
I ref

Thanks for reffing this, Grass King.

You're up, Rebecca!

Luckily you can speed-tie with Scratch. Maybe we can turn that speed tie into a speed advantage! Start out with thunder wave, unless Scratch: protects, detects, has a substitute, has converted to ground type, has a safeguard, would magic coat it right back, or you are taunted. Anything that would block the attack. If the attack is blocked by means not including taunt, use substitute. If you are taunted, start out with covet.

Next, use work up unless you are taunted (in which case use body slam). If you are taunted and Scratch has converted to ghost type, use pursuit.

On the last action use headbutt. If Scratch protects/detects/does anything so that you can't hit him use work up. If he has converted to ghost type use pursuit.

Thunder wave/Substitute/Covet~ Work up/Body slam/Pursuit~ Headbutt/Work up/Pursuit

Amidst the weird and wonderful array of battle arenas used within ASB, a pair of battlers find a nice, normal, run-of-the-mill boat to battle on. Mawile waits on the deck for his opponent, and when Mai walks onto deck, the ref signals the start of the match. Mawile throws a Pokeball high into the air, revealing his choice to be a Porygon2, while Mai calls out its Zigzagoon.

Mawile
[Scratch]porygon2(X)
Ability: Download | Item: Dubious Disc
Health: 100%| Energy: 100%

Mai
[Rebecca]zigzagoon(F)
Ability: Pickup | Item: None
Health: 100%| Energy: 100%

Round 1

Scratch holds back under its orders, waiting for Rebecca to make her move first. The Zigzagoon's fur begins to bristle, before a jolt of electricity jumps across the field to hit Scratch, causing his cybernetics to seize up. The Porygon2 then makes its move, feeling anger at Rebecca for making it harder for it to move. The strange item it's holding begins to glow slightly, as Scratch charges towards the Zigzagoon, but his targeting system appears to be off, as he soars right over the top of the brown creature.

Rebecca, pleased that she didn't get hit, starts to quickly run through some exercises, stretching her legs, all the while mentally telling herself, 'I can do this, I can do this!' Eventually she appears to believe it, and she appears to glare a little at the artificial being, in the zone to take it down. Scratch, with its emotionless expression still in place, obeys its orders, and begins to charge at the Zigzagoon again. Once again the strange disc it is holding begins to glow, but this time he seems to speed up slightly. The bird-like being slams its body into Rebecca, sending the Racoon tumbling backwards.

Getting sick of the Virtual Pokémon already, begins to dash towards it, forcing her head forward. When she is quite close to her opponent, she leaps into the air, with her head hitting Scratch in the stomach, before landing back on her feet and dashing back to her side of the field. Scratch despite not needing to breath, is so shocked by the hit that it misses its opportunity to attack.

Round End

Mawile
[Scratch]porygon2(X)
Status: CAPACITORS OVERLOADED! -- Attack +1, Paralysed (Moderate)
Health: 90%| Energy: 86%

Mai
[Rebecca]zigzagoon(F)
Health: 80%| Energy: 88%

Notes:
The RNG says that Scratch got an attack boost due to Download, since Zigzagoon have equal Attack and Special Attack.
The first Facade missed.
Headbutt caused Scratch to flinch.
Mawile attacks first next round.

Use Trick Room on the first action. Then Skull Bash two times. If she protects/detects, use Defense Curl.

Trick Room ~ Skull Bash/Defense Curl ~ Skull Bash/Defense Curl

I believe skull bash is a low-priority move, so trick room will do /nothing/. Rebecca, use covet first and then charge beam. Finish off with an ice beam!

Covet~ Charge beam~ Ice beam

Mawile
[Scratch]porygon2(X)
Status: CAPACITORS OVERLOADED! -- Attack +1, Paralysed (Moderate)
Health: 90%| Energy: 86%

Mai
[Rebecca]zigzagoon(F)
Health: 80%| Energy: 88%

Round 2

Rebecca fluttered her eyes at the genderless Pokémon, and charmingly asks if she can have a look at the special disc it was given prior to the battle. Somehow, she managed to charm it into showing her the Dubious Disc. As soon as it was exposed, she dashed forward, grabbed it, and turned tail, hitting Scratch with her tail as she did so. Scratch began to make a whirring sound in anger, but did as he was told. Its eyes began to glow purple, before a rectangle appeared on the deck, extending to just before the trainers, containing both Scratch and Rebecca. The edges then rose into the air forming a box, still containing both Pokémon, within which the air was tinted purple, at which point Scratch's eyes stopped glowing.

Rebecca's fur began to bristle with electricity again, before she started to form it into a small orb in front of her body. A beam extended from the ball and struck Scratch in the stomach, and when the attack faded, she absorbed the extra energy, seemingly powering her up. Scratch, then surged forward;, only after focusing his energy to his head, to make it denser, before charging over to Rebecca, its head colliding with her left side, sending her toppling over.

Getting more annoyed with the Porygon2, Rebecca opened her mouth and began charging an orb of icy-blue energy between her jaws. Once it was fully charged, an erratic beam of Ice energy, the same colour as the orb, streamed towards Scratch hitting it right in the beak. Scratch then started to repeat itself again, using its energy to harden its head, before flying towards Rebecca, however this time it hit her in the jaw, before floating back to its trainer.

Round End

Mawile
[Scratch]porygon2(X)
Ability: Download | Item: None
Status: ALERT! ALERT! DISC LOST! -- Attack +1, Defence +2, Paralysed (Moderate)
Health: 61%| Energy: 65%

Mai
[Rebecca]zigzagoon(F)
Ability: Pickup | Item: Dubious Disc
Status: Well, that thing has a hard head... -- Attack +1, Special Attack +2
Health: 45%| Energy: 68%

Notes:
Charge Beam boosted Special Attack
Second Skull Bash was a critical hit
When Skull Bash is being performed in one action, I do class it as a decreased priority move
Trick Room is in effect for 4 more actions
Mawile attacks first next round.

Skull Bash three times. If she protects/detects, use Defense Curl.

Skull Bash/Defense Curl x3

Simple commands this time: charm, then ice beam twice. Try to win this one!

Charm~ Ice beam~ Ice beam

Mawile
[Scratch]porygon2(X)
Status: ALERT! ALERT! DISC LOST! -- Attack +1, Defence +2, Paralysed (Moderate)
Health: 61%| Energy: 65%

Mai
[Rebecca]zigzagoon(F)
Status: Well, that thing has a hard head... -- Attack +1, Special Attack +2
Health: 45%| Energy: 68%

Round 3

Rebecca began to flutter her eyes at Scratch, trying to look as charming as she could, and when she looked at the artificial Pokémon, she couldn't be sure, be it looked like it may be a tad more apprehensive about attacking her. Scratch, however, is not totally unwilling to attack the Zigzagoon, and begins to charge at her once again, slamming its head into her side, before hovering back over to its side of the field.

Getting more annoyed with the Porygon2, Rebecca begins to charge another orb of ice energy in her mouth, before icy tendrils shot out of it and hit Scratch in the chest, leaving a patch of frost on its body. Scratch once again threw his head forward as it flew towards Rebecca, its head once again colliding with her.

Her anger beginning to grow after the repetitive attacks from Scratch, Rebecca forms yet another ice energy orb in her jaws, before yet more icy tendrils shoot out, striking Scratch on the beak, leaving a lighter layer of frost than last time. The Porygon2, reared its head back, before thrusting it forward, while its body did the same. Its head hit Rebecca in the back, then it quickly retreated to its own part of the arena.

Round End

Mawile
[Scratch]porygon2(X)
Status: PHYSICAL DEFENCE ALMOST AT MAXIMUM! -- Attack -1, Defence +5, Paralysed (Moderate)
Health: 28%| Energy: 50%

Mai
[Rebecca]zigzagoon(F)
Status: Die you stupid data-bird! -- Attack +1, Special Attack +2
Health: 15%| Energy: 45%

Notes:
Second Ice Beam was a critical hit
Trick Room is in effect for 1 more actions
Mai attacks first next round

We couldn't really expect to win this one, Rebecca; ignoring the fact that he's evolved and you're not it would be impossible for me to win twice in a row. I don't know how I advanced in the tournament, honestly. ^^;;

Now, let's just try to salvage this. Water pulse thrice, until Scratch is confused; when confused just attack with surf. If Scratch protects/detects/tries to dodge/switches type to something that resists water, use defense curl on the first two actions and work up last.

Water pulse/Defense curl~ Water pulse/Surf/Defense curl~Water pulse/Surf/Work up

Mawile
[Scratch]porygon2(X)
Status: PHYSICAL DEFENCE ALMOST AT MAXIMUM! -- Attack -1, Defence +5, Paralysed (Moderate)
Health: 28%| Energy: 50%

Mai
[Rebecca]zigzagoon(F)
Status: Die you stupid data-bird! -- Attack +1, Special Attack +2
Health: 15%| Energy: 45%

Round 4

The strange purple atmosphere slowed Rebecca down, while Scratch moved almost immediately, its body glowing before turning an aquamarine colour. Rebecca let out a low growl at this, then she began to curl up as best she could, until she resembled a ball, albeit, a ball with spiky fur. Then the purple atmosphere disintegrated, leaving everything as it once was.

Rebecca, no longer slowed by the Trick Room, tightened herself into a more stable ball, now with a smoother surface. Scratch began to charge up three small orbs, one blue, one yellow and one red, which rotated around the tip of its beak, until ice, lightning and flames were unleashed from the orbs, and melded together into a single beam, which hit Rebecca dead on.

Rebecca, who was getting very annoyed with Scratch, quickly went through some training exercises, much like she did earlier in the battle, only this time she also spent her time glaring at her foe. She finished her routine, and looked a little stronger, and continued to shoot angry and annoyed looks at the Artificial Pokémon. Scratch was about to repeat his previous attack, when his data froze due to its paralysis, causing it to miss its opportunity.

Round End

Mawile
[Scratch]porygon2(X)
Status: TARGET ALMOST DEFEATED! -- Attack -1, Defence +5, Paralysed (Mild), Water-Type
Health: 28%| Energy: 40%

Mai
[Rebecca]zigzagoon(F)
Status: When do I get to attack this thing again? -- Attack +2, Special Attack +3, Defence +2
Health: 7%| Energy: 41%

Notes:
Scratch was paralyzed on the third action.
Mai attacks first next round.

(I never noticed Mawile attacked first twice until now. I guess that says something about me.)

I actually posted in the Absence Sheet here, but despite school starting I've got a little better with procrastination so I probably should go say I'm back. Should.

Oh well, let's just try to turn this around. I really should get around to writing your sig attribute; knowing encore would be really helpful right now. Rest, followed by snore twice. If you wake up, thunderbolt. I should've loaded more status conditions on or something; I don't think I'm the best at brute force commands.

Rest~ Snore/Thunderbolt~ Snore/Thunderbolt

Mawile
[Scratch]porygon2(X)
Status: TARGET ALMOST DEFEATED! -- Attack -1, Defence +5, Paralysed (Mild), Water-Type

Mai
[Rebecca]zigzagoon(F)
Status: When do I get to attack this thing again? -- Attack +2, Special Attack +3, Defence +2
Health: 7%| Energy: 41%

Round 5

Rebecca sat down on the deck, and half-curled up, before a strange whitey-purple glow surrounded her, and she quickly began to heal. Bruises faded, rustled fur straightened, until the glow abruptly vanished, and the light snoring that had just been there ceased. The referee raises his flag and blows his whistle to signal the end of the match.

Round End

Mawile
[Scratch]porygon2(X)
Status: VICTORY IS MINE! -- Attack -1, Defence +5, Paralysed (Mild), Water-Type

Mai
[Rebecca]zigzagoon(F)
Health: 89%| Energy: 0%

Notes:
Rebecca didn't have enough energy to fully heal herself, and fainted due to lack of energy.

Prizes:
Mawile gets $8
Mai gets $3
Scratch gets 2 EXP and is now able to evolve
Rebecca gets 1 EXP
I get $5

Back
Top Bottom