• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

ABCD vs blazheirio889

Skyman

Well, it's been a while hasn't it?
Pronoun
she
1v1
DQ Time: 1 Week
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned moves: OHKOs, Chills 5/Pokemon, 1 direct healing/Pokemon, Perish Song, Destiny Bond
Arena: Basic Stage

The Basic Stage is simply that; a plain expanse of mottled white tiled floor. A large pond of water waits on the side, for Water types to use and stay in. Above is the sky, where for now, the sun hovers far above. There are no special effects, and the field is completely flat, the tiling reaching about a hundred feet square. The tiling isn’t very strong, and can easily be broken for access to dirt for moves such as Dig and Mud Slap.

ABCD's Active Squad

Cyan the Male Squirtle
Ability: Torrent
More info...

Elegance the Female Ralts
Ability: Synchronize
More info...

Jolt the Male Pichu
Ability: Static
More info...

Xenon the Male Drifblim
Ability: Aftermath
More info...

Orion the Unknown Staryu
Ability: Natural Cure
Item: Water Stone
More info...

Tom Nook the Female Zigzagoon
Ability: Gluttony
More info...

Duvet the Female Cottonee
Ability: Infiltrator
Item: Sun Stone
More info...

blazheirio889's Active Squad

Eledancia the Female Gardevoir
Ability: Trace
Item: Electirizer
More info...

Phalanx the Male Cradily
Ability: Suction Cups
Item: Big Root
More info...

Niflheim the Male Eevee
Ability: Run Away
Item: Lucky Egg
More info...

Loa the Female Cubone
Ability: Rock Head
Item: Thick Club
More info...

Polychaeta the Female Wyrmal
Ability: Magma Armor
More info...

Excalibur the Male Nidoranm
Ability: Poison Point
More info...

Acharide the Male Joltik
Ability: Compoundeyes
More info...

Mhalairt the Male Frizard
Ability: Flash Fire
More info...

Rem the Female Munna
Ability: Forewarn
Item: Moon Stone
More info...

Always the Female Ducklett
Ability: Big Pecks
More info...

-blazheirio889 sends out
-ABCD sends out and attacks
-blazheirio attacks
-I ref

It'll take me a while to get the pictures up. Computer is slightly screwy right now, but I swear to you they will be up soon!

Oh boy, first battle and it is against you...

Anyways, I'll send out my Duvet.

Alright! To start, use Taunt! If Niflheim attacks you I want you to Leech Seed him. If he is inaccessible (via Protect, Detect, etc..) I want you to use Growth.

Now if Niflheim isn't leech seeded at this point, I want you to Leech Seed. Else, if he isn't taunted and tries to use any non-damaging move let's try to Taunt him. If he is leech seeded and decides to attack or is inaccessible, let's hide behind a Substitute (20%)

Finally I want you to use Growth. He should be taunted but if he isn't and uses any non-damaging move let's Taunt him. Else I want you to set up a Substitute 20% if it still isn't up.

Taunt/Leech Seed/Growth~Leech Seed/Taunt/Substitute 20%~Growth/Taunt/Substitute 20%

Let the massacre and loopholes begin ):

Niflheim, use Quick Attack + Double Team, but don't attack Duvet! Just use Quick Attack to move first and whack out more clones. Since you didn't attack her, she should respond with Taunt, which will hopefully miss.

If she used Taunt and it missed, Mimic it for later use. Otherwise, you're probably hopping mad, so take out your frustration with Body Slam and hope for good ol' paralysis to rear its head.

Quick Attack + Double Team (max clones, do not hit) ~ Mimic (Taunt)/Body Slam

wtf why didn't I give you Adaptability

Asber is currently under siege with legendaries gone a muck sending meteors plummeting into the city. Most Asberians don't take this lightly and start setting up giant protective shields, albeit haphazardly, but not even the current crisis can deter the citizens of Asber from having a good battle. Blazhy and ABCD, seeking such a battle, have sneaked away from the defensive lines and into Dragons' Dens Simulations. Both enter a seemingly normal room with white flooring. It looks pretty sketchy in terms of durability. Blazhy pushes a few buttons, and ABCD is amazed as the ceiling suddenly changes to look like the sky outside (minus the rampaging legendary pokemon and meteors) and a huge lake somehow appears off to the side of the room. Once the arena is ready, both trainers walk away from each other, sending pokemon and orders out in the process.

Round One

blazheirio889 (O)
eevee
Niflheim (M) <Run Away> @Lucky Egg
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Commands: Quick Attack + Double Team (max clones, do not hit) ~ Mimic (Taunt)/Body Slam
-Pawing the ground

ABCD (O)
cottonee
Duvet (F) <Infiltrator> @ Sun Stone
Energy: 100%
Commands: Taunt/Leech Seed/Growth~Leech Seed/Taunt/Substitute 20%~Growth/Taunt/Substitute 20%
-Fweeeeee

The battle starts with Niflheim pawing at the ground. Wary of its stability, he nimbly flits across the arena at breakneck speed, causing the illusion of 6 clones to appear. Duvet responds by yelling at the top of her lungs. Mocking the Eevee for his cowardice, not even attempting to attack her. "You're such a coward. You're too afraid to even try to attack. I guess that's to be expected. After all, pokemon with run away aren't good at anything besides saving their sorry, sissy butts." Niflheim, although running circles around his opponent, can't resist getting infuriated.

Not even wasting a second to savor her successful taunt, she fires off a seed, intending to drain her opponent. Unlike her previous attack however, this one does no good. The leech seed simply hits one of the clones, causing it to disappear.

Duvet is disappointed at her miss, but that doesn't matter. She quickly scans the area for something she can use. To her left, nothing. To her right, also nothing. She has no choice but to use some of her own fluff for her next move. She uses some of her fluff to form a mini Cottonee and sends out pulses of green energy towards it. The mini Cottonee then starts floating around, ready to protect its creator. Niflheim sees this and is a bit intimidated but throws caution to the wind, as one of the many Eevees surrounding Duvet suddenly leaps into the air and falls onto her. Niflheim is surprised at the fact that his opponent is apparently extremely squishy. He doesn't realize that he squished his opponent's substitute and quickly runs away to rejoin the other Eevee, keeping up his illusion of clones.

blazheirio889 (O)
eevee
Energy: 87%
Performed: Quick Attack + Double Team (6) ~ Body Slam
-That was fun. 5 clones remaining

ABCD (O)
cottonee
Health: 80%
Energy: 82%
Commands: Taunt~Leech Seed~Substitute 20%
-My poor substitute
-Substitute at 8%

Terrain Notes
-Nothing special at the moment

Damage and Energy Calculations
Quick Attack + Double Team -8 Energy
Taunt -4 Energy
Leech Seed -4 Energy
Substitute -10 Energy
Body Slam -12 HP -5 Energy

Final Notes
-Body Slam was more powerful because Cottonee is fairly light and fluffy
-blazhy commands first

Last edited:
Thanks for taking this! Questions time:

I've seen Taunt being reffed as being affected by Double Team, so did it hit regardless of clones?

Edit: Also I think Duvet should've used Substitute (20%) on the last action.

Last edited:
Thanks for taking this! Questions time:

I've seen Taunt being reffed as being affected by Double Team, so did it hit regardless of clones?

Edit: Also I think Duvet should've used Substitute (20%) on the last action.

Hrm. Regarding taunt, I imagine it to be sound based. I guess if the taunt user was "targeting" clone 1, the "original" opponent might not see the visual taunt (e.g. face jeering) but still hear the taunt which, I think, is the more infuriating part. I'll go ask.

I'll go fix that.

Whoops, I forgot it was my turn to command... anyway! While Duvet is distracted by your clones, destroy that Substitute with another Body Slam.

Then test out your Hidden Power.

End it with Body Slam. If Duvet is Protecting or otherwise out of range somehow/you can't hit her, Work Up.

If at any point you are asleep for some reason, Sleep Talk.

Body Slam/Sleep Talk ~ Hidden Power/Sleep Talk ~ Body Slam/Work Up/Sleep Talk

Guess we aren't at a good a start, but that is to be expected!

Anyways Duvet I first want you to use Solarbeamto sweep all of his clones! Don't want them giving us any more trouble.

Now do what he did to us and Double Team max clones! Hopefully he won't hit us!

Now I want you to Encore his Hidden Power if it is not Fire, Ice, Poison, Bug, Flying and did not hit. Else I want you to use Cotton Guard.

Solerbeam~Double Team~Encore/Cotton Guard

Round Two

blazheirio889 (O)
eevee
Energy: 87%
Commands: Body Slam/Sleep Talk ~ Hidden Power/Sleep Talk ~ Body Slam/Work Up/Sleep Talk
-That was fun. 5 clones remaining

ABCD (O)
cottonee
Energy: 82%
Commands: Solerbeam~Double Team~Encore/Cotton Guard
-My poor substitute
-Substitute at 8%

Niflheim was extremely pleased to be commanded to use Body Slam on his opponent yet again; it was liking throwing himself on a pillow made of down. Just as had happened only a few moments ago, one of the many clones rushed forward and threw itself over Duvet's substitute. This time, however, the substitute was left with no energy, reducing it to a pile of useless cotton. Duvet, irritated at her substitute's loss, quickly sent forth a beam of light, sweeping the floor and destroying her opponent's illusion.

Duvet, not wasting any time, raced around the stage, producing illusions of her own, not unlike her opponent's previous illusions.

Niflheim responded to his opponent's actions by glowing with an orange aura, orbs of fire suddenly surrounding it. Mouth opened wide, he aimed for his opponent and watched in annoyance as only one clone disappeared. Full of malice, he imagined using the same move in the future to actually hit his opponent; he saw her shriek and cringe in agony as the fire energy singed and burned off her cotton body. That was definitely something he would want to do if his trainer would allow it.

Niflheim, confused by his opponent's flurry of movement, couldn't help feeling resentment as he flung himself forward, hoping to strike his opponent. Soaring through the air, he managed to only dispel one of his opponent's illusions. Disappointed that he only managed to hit a clone, he glared at his opponent while she fluffed herself up, making herself resilient to attacks.

blazheirio889 (O)
eevee
Health: 84%
Energy: 73%
Performed: Body Slam~Hidden Power~Body Slam
-Body Slam is fun 8D

ABCD (O)
cottonee
Energy: 69%
Performed: Solarbeam~Double Team~Cotton Guard
-I must gain the upper hand >:(
-2 clones left.
+3 Def.

Terrain Notes
-Nothing special at the moment

Solarbeam -16 HP -6 Energy
Double Team -4 Energy
Cotton Guard -3 Energy
Hidden Power -10 HP -4 Energy
Body Slam -12 HP -5 Energy
Body Slam -5 Energy

Final Notes
-Fire type hidden power
-Substitute destroyed
-Duvet was able to produce 4 clones
-ABCD commands first

Last edited:
Just to make sure, Body Slam did destroy the Substitute, right?

Edit: Also, why did HP Fire strike before the clones appeared?

Sorry for nitpicking so much x.x

Last edited:
Just to make sure, Body Slam did destroy the Substitute, right?

Edit: Also, why did HP Fire strike before the clones appeared?

Sorry for nitpicking so much x.x

Yes

I don't understand the second question. What, from your point of view, should've happened?

Okay! Duvet! Let's start off with Encore. Now if Niflheim decides to use Quick Attack then don't Encore. Rather I want you to Attract him. However, in the case that he Digs or Protects or is inaccessible in any way, use Growth.

Next I want you to use the very accurate move in the form of Grasswhistle. Now, if for he is encored, let’s Cotton Guard once more. If he’s dug down or protecting, or inaccessible in anyway then Growth.

Now for last action. Let’s just Grasswhistle (if he isn’t already sleeping of course), if he’s sleeping I want you to Chill and if he’s inaccessible, dug down, etc… then Growth.
Let’s go. (:

Encore/Attract/Growth~Grasswhistle/Cotton Guard/Growth~Grasswhistle/Chill/Growth

Well, we don't want to be Attracted or Encored, so Protect on the first action.

Then, you're not that much slower than Cottonee, so interrupt and drown out that Grasswhistle with Echo Voice. Spread out the sound if necessary, to ferret out the real Cottonee; if it hits the real one should lose its concentration and the clones will disappear. Do that again on the last action; hopefully the echoes remaining from your last attack will help with drowning out the noise. If you do end up asleep, though, Chill and then Sleep Talk.

Protect ~ Echo Voice/Chill ~ Echo Voice/Sleep Talk

Edit: And I'm really really sorry about pestering you with little things like this, but did you account for STAB when calculating Solarbeam damage? I got a figure of around 15% damage instead of 12%. And you are using the old damage and energy guide, since this battle was started before the update, right?

Last edited:
Round Three

blazheirio889 (O)
eevee
Energy: 73%
Performed: Body Slam~Hidden Power~Body Slam
-Body Slam is fun 8D

ABCD (O)
cottonee
Energy: 69%
Performed: Solarbeam~Double Team~Cotton Guard
-I must gain the upper hand >:(
-2 clones left.
+3 Def.

Niflheim proceeded by summoning some of his energy, making it rise to the surface of his body, giving him a glowing appearance. The green energy then slowly expanded and reshaped itself to form a rather tiny orb of energy. He didn't really need a strong shield anyway. In response, Duvet glowed green herself. As the glowing energy got brighter, Duvet seemed to grow both in size and in power at a rapid rate. Her two clones followed suit and also grew in size. The three Cottonee which were now larger than Niflheim cast imposing shadow on the ground, but they were still considerably lighter than the little brown mammal. Some sort of stare of ensued as the three Cottonee circled in on Niflheim who was starting to get intimidated even though he was fully protected at the moment.

Knowing what would happen next, the two trainers whipped out headphones and put them on as fast as they could. The referee, which was still chagrined about the previous mistakes, started rifling through his knapsack. To his despair, he apparently didn't bring any headphones of his own. He had nothing to do but wait for the oncoming sleep. The leaves on the Cottonees' sides simultaneously started glowing, and an eerie if not enchanting melody started filling the air. It would've grown louder had not Niflheim started barking. Fortunately for the referee, it wasn't terribly loud, but it was enough to somewhat drown Duvet's melody. The clones and the real Duvet winced in unison, and the clones disappeared almost instantaneously. Insulted by her opponent's efforts to drown out her music, Duvet once again made her leaves glow a brilliant green. This time, she made sure to make her melody as loud as she could. Niflheim started feeling drowsy, and as he attempted to bark once again, he fell asleep. Unintelligible murmurs were heard from Niflheim, and suddenly, a ball of fire was shot from his mouth. It headed straight for the ceiling, and in response the clouds started to disperse, and sun started to shine down on the two battlers and bathed them with intense heat.

blazheirio889 (O)
eevee
Energy: 63%
Performed: Protect~Echoed Voice~Sleep Talk (Sunny Day)
Asleep (severe)
-Murmur murmur

ABCD (O)
cottonee
Health: 76%
Energy: 67%
Performed: Growth~Grasswhistle~Grasswhistle
-Glad to have something go her way
+3 Def. +1 Atk. +1 Sp. Atk.

Terrain Notes
-The sun is bright and shining and bright (5 actions)

Duvet's HP = 80 - 6(Echoed Voice) + 2(sun stone) = 76
Duvet's Energy = 69 - 2(Growth) - 1(Grasswhistle) - 1(Grasswhistle) + 2(sun stone) = 67
Niflheim's Energy = 73 - 2(Protect) - 1(Echoed Voice) - 7(Sunny Day) = 63

Final Notes
-Sorry about the many mistakes D:
-I'm still using the old scale.
-blazhy commands first

Last edited:
No, it's okay x3 You're still learning! Feel free to ask about anything if you aren't sure. For sleep talk, I personally use 2% + the energy cost of the attack called.

I'll edit commands in tomorrow.

Just Chill on the first action, then Sleep Talk twice. When/if you wake up, use Hidden Power. Spread it out if you need to. And if Duvet is inaccessible when you wake up... did you know Eevee gets Growth in gen 2 from some event thingy? Use that.

Chill ~ Sleep Talk/Hidden Power/Growth ~ Sleep Talk/Hidden Power/Growth

Back
Top Bottom