• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

General Help Thread

(Waits for Kratos to make a statement, because he took the initative to start the tournament). I don't hate you, Kratos, but I'd like your take on this, please.

Take on what? It's inactive, though nowhere near as inactive as it was. This happens. I started the tournament because some people showed a bit more interest, though I wasn't deluding myself into thinking that this place would suddenly become as busy as forum games. I'm not entirely sure what it is you're expecting me to say.

Since I'm a Gym Leader, am I allowed to place challenges at any gym, instead of having to go through in order?

That is what I thought. Can I, potentially, use my skip on a gym leader who I am incapable of battling due to their Wi-fi, etc, and then get it back if I battle them later when the problems are gone?

Um, I think this is the best place to say this, being the "general" help thread and all.
Could I propose an entire redo of the league? Perhaps we could even redo the gym leader tournament, and start some sort of project to renew interest in the league? With Black + White being quite new still and the league therefore needing a new ban list anyway, maybe this would be the perfect time for something like this.
Feel free to move or delete this post if it should be somewhere else. >_<

The league has been through several starts and restarts by now, and while most of those have started with a lot of people jumping on and wanting to be gym leaders and what have you, the community tends to run out of steam and wander off very, very quickly. As it stands, I'm just not sure there are enough people who will remain interested in participating to make Yet Another Revamp viable at this point. :/

I've been trying to be an active Gym Leader, updating my thread for BW, and have been checking about, but it's just that nobody ever challenges me or posts in my thread. I've always been interested in Wi-Fi battles and stuff, and I would be active if I could, but it's impossible to be with so few people even updating anything.

I suppose I would probably try out to be a gym leader if we restarted. I've been trying to be fairly active in the gym challenge, it's just... SonicNintendo isn't, so I'm not going to be able to get through tier 1 anyways. So I just kind of gave up.

I think the biggest issue we've had is that there just really isn't much of a battling community here at #tcod. If we were to revamp again for Black and White, I think a tournament-centric rather than league-centric style would be more applicable.

Even when we did have tournaments though, people were always exceptionally lazy about doing their battles on time, or people would just randomly drop out half way through. Tournaments were usually over before they'd started. :(

So maybe we should just remove this entirely? Or, as was suggested by someone or another, make most of the battles over an online battling system. I don't know quite how that would effect things, but it might help. Somehow.

I don't think switching to primarily simulator-based battlers would improve activity all that much. As far as I can tell there are only a few more people who are interested in Pokémon Online and Shoddy and what have you than there are those who like wi-fi battles, and the few times that sim tournaments have been held they haven't exactly gone swimmingly, either.

Honestly, seeing as my heart just isn't as in this as it was when I suggested it around DP's release, I wouldn't have a huge problem just letting it go. It was fun while it lasted. Having trading threads and maybe a general battling thread is still worthwhile on the off chance someone needs them, but those could probably just be moved to a subforum of the Pokémon Discussion forums.

In support, especially since I've got no idea where my DS is. And it has Black in it. So for the time being I'm unable to participate if needed.

And I wouldn't mind ditching the entire league if that's what you powerful people wish to do.

I guess I'll be a bit disappointed to see the league go, as it was never active during my stay here at TCoD, but if it's virtually useless to try to revive it then I suppose that's the best decision. I agree with the possible creation of a single thread for general battle requests and such.

I think I'd probably prefer there be a single battling/trading thread in General Pokémon Discussion, to be honest. It'd be easier to get battles, and the league has gone through so many restarts... it just isn't going to work here. It was fun whilst it lasted, and I remember when it first began and everyone was just so excited... but yeah. I suppose that would be best.

Back
Top Bottom