• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What's your favorite anime currently ?

My favorite is currently (well, it has been for the last who-knows-how-long) Shugo Chara!. (The exclamation point is necessary, by the way.)

I'm lazy, so I'll just copy the summary off Wiki:

The heroine of the story, Amu Hinamori, is a student at Seiyo Elementary. At first glance, her classmates deem her "cool and spicy" and rumors speculate about her personal life. However, her real personality is that of a very shy girl who has trouble showing her true personality. One night, Amu wishes for the courage to show her "would-be" self, and the next morning finds three brightly colored eggs—red, blue, and green—in her bed. At first, she is alarmed, but realizes she must have really wished to change. These eggs hatch into three Guardian Characters: Ran, Miki, and Su. The Guardian Characters aid Amu in discovering who she truly is and help fulfill Amu's dreams. Amu's life becomes much more complex as she struggles to deal with her "would-be" selves and the Seiyo Elementary's Guardians, who recruit Amu to search for X Eggs and X Characters, the corrupted forms of peoples' dreams.

It's adorably cute. (and it features ambitious fifth-graders who want to take over the world. *pints to avatar*)

I am in agreement with this!
What flora failed to tell you about it is that it features a sexy catboy with an ear fetish and violin skills! Pics follow.
ikuto.png

thshugochara99.png

The show went down the drain second season. Otherwise, they're about the same for me.

I've heard people say that a lot, but I haven't seen either season of the anime. What exactly makes the second one worse or the first one better?

Also, has anyone heard of Hare + Guu/Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu?

Should be in Entertainment.

(None at the minute, but we're including stuff being adapted into an anime [24th January :o], Axis Powers Hetalia.)

I've heard people say that a lot, but I haven't seen either season of the anime. What exactly makes the second one worse or the first one better?

First off, the animation studio changed. For the worse, if you ask me. Everything looks so strange...

Secondly, it lacks the style of the first season. It's like one of those not-quite-there Hollywood sequels.

Third, the OP and ED aren't nearly as cool.

It's being streamed on Funimation's website with subs, I think. Watch both for yourself.

my current favorite would probably be evangelion, probably because it was the last one i watched. it was also much better the second time and a big help in calming some unfounded nervous tensions i had at the time.

How the heck did I forget Ikuto?!?

You've been with the Guardians for too long, haven't you? I hang with Nikaidou-sensei and Sanjou-san. They make such a cute couple, or should I say made? I play both sides of the action! Oh and Nagihiko was a big Bridget they dropped on us, wasn't it?

Soul Eater~

I blame Spaekle's (really) old avatar of Stein. Really. That was what got me into the series in the first place (along with much Google-ing, but that's besides the point).

Uh, Wikipedia article.

What I love most about this series (besides its refreshing humor and Stein) is the art style and the animation. The fighting scenes are awesome, brilliant, and full of epic epic win. Really. And it's not just the first few episodes that get the high-quality fighting scenes either. All of the fighting scenes are really, really well made and animated. I love the style, too, especially the variety of facial expressions.

And the characters are all really likable. Soul and Maka is just
too cute of a pairing to miss,
and each character has their own personality. It's awesome.

The concept is pretty cool, too. I like the whole human-weapon concept, and the weapons look cool.

I didn't really like the manga though. I skimmed through a few pages, but went back to the anime because the anime fighting scenes are just way more awesome. And I didn't really like the manga's style. Ok, so it got better in the later stages (I peeked), but still.

I'm currently on episode 21 of the anime, and all I can say is: Steeeiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.... :O
[/rant]

I'm planning to watch Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni sometime soon, mainly because I've heard so much about it and it looks quite interesting.

Favorite anime... I dunno.

I hardly ever watch much anymore, except occasionally some of the stuff that's on Cartoon Network. And on top of that, I rarely ever buy DVDs, and my computer's internet connection is way too slow to download videos or watch them online... that really cuts the "what I'm actually able to watch" list down to almost nothing.

Back
Top Bottom