• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The PencilDex

The Omskivar

chah, dude
So the other day I was like "Hmm, I haven't named all of the Pokemon off the top of my head in a long time, maybe I should try that again" but I never got around to it (my previous record was about three hours, but that was working around my job at a summer camp where I was running the archery range). Then I saw this thread and I was like "I can do that. But I'll do it all on lined paper with a mechanical pencil."

So I named all of the Pokemon from memory and now I'm going to draw them (Formes and all) from memory.

DISCLAIMER: I named them from memory and that's the order I'm drawing them in, so it won't match the Pokedex exactly. Also, I have to take pictures with my cell phone because I don't have a scanner. I then text it to my email because I don't have a fancy phone, I have a flip phone that came free with the plan. Then I tinypic 'em and post them here. Therefore the image quality is crap. It's a lot of work but now my meaningless quest will be immortalized forever.

Without further ado, the PencilDex.

desdjc.jpg

It's passable, but I never liked Bulbasaur very much anyway. Never had an enjoyable playthrough with him.

262temo.jpg

I hate Ivysaur. I HATE it. It's so meh

kaoajk.jpg

Venusaur I remember pretty well. I used to love drawing the big plant thing.

jv4yec.jpg

I am disappoint. Charmander's face is too tiny. It bothers

264ox28.jpg

Static poses are boring. And I f*cking love Charmeleon. So I went for badass.

jgp1sy.jpg

See notes for Charmeleon. I wish it were more detailed, it makes me thing I'm forgetting something.

aavn6g.jpg

Squirtle is my all-time favorite Water starter and Kanto starter. So when I say I'm not happy with this result, I've basically disowned myself. But it's not as bad as...

1pgcqf.jpg

Oh God why. What is that on its hind leg oh god

10nc6kk.jpg

I was actually quite pleased with this. He's flexing, if you can't tell. Stupid cellphone image quality.

11avo1t.jpg

This is where I notices that I only had 70 pages in the notebook, four of them were used listing things and front and back that wouldn't be enough for the whole thing with Formes. So everything got a little smaller and a little more cramped. That being said, I wasn't too upset with this.

2cmncbn.jpg

Boring Metapod is boring.

4zt9qx.jpg

One thing I hate is wing patterns on insects.

This is a very time-consuming process. I'm done up to Sandshrew but it'll take me a while to get the rest of them up. Sorry for the horrible image quality!

Finished Sandslash and pictured/emailed/uploaded all of them. Here you go, my five silent threadviewers.
1yl20m.jpg

It's almost impossible to screw up a Weedle; unfortunately it is also almost impossible to make one look cool
t7ydsx.jpg

Kakuna is just like Weedle except you can screw it up, which I'm sure I did. But it looks believable.
2guwi8i.jpg

Beedrill looks so cool and I know what it looks like and I drew it pretty well but seriously fuck insect wings. Ugh
16kxkas.jpg

Insect wings I guess I can fake easily enough. Confession time: birds are not my forte. Wings and feathers and stuff I'm just like, what? And I can't be arsed to figure out how to do it because I don't doodle birds very often.
344ee4n.jpg

And because of that, Pidgeotto looks almost exactly like Pidgey. Colors would seriously help but again can't be arsed
23jptg3.jpg

And just because I didn't want a third pidgey on the page, here's Pidgeot with an apparently broken wing. Did I mention I can't draw those?
9zo7ew.jpg

OH GOD
WHAT HAVE I DONE
I'M SO SORRY
5yrk7p.jpg

Nothing much to say here. The ears bug me
e05yk9.jpg

More birds. At least Spearow's wings are funny-looking and easy to remember.
kdtk7a.jpg

I'll be damned how on earth did I do that. I mean the angle on one of them is impossible but those are wings
10yj2hw.jpg

The only thing I might be missing is a stripe somewhere. I remember hella details from drawing Ekans.
25a0kzd.jpg

CHAAAA BOK-AH! That's all.
34djsm1.jpg

Believe it or not this is the best Pikachu I have ever drawn. Even with pictures for reference.
1zlreba.jpg

And I followed it with the worst Raichu I have ever drawn. But I suck at Raichu. The tail and ears are so weird
22j09e.jpg

I kept trying to draw this one very very small so I could skimp on the details, then catching myself and starting over. It turned out meh
2pqrrmd.jpg

Same story with this one, though it's a little less complicated. A bunch of triangles are easier to draw than a bunch of parallel lines and brick patterns

That's all for tonight. TinyPic has the greatest captchas every by the way

I don't know why you're trying to discourage yourself by saying they're not good. Even the worst ones, like Raichu, are still very good, especially by my standards. I personally can't wait to see more of these now, because they do look really nice.

These are actually really good, for what you've been saying about them. That Fearow is really impressive, especially with the pose.

Back
Top Bottom