• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon Headcanons

I like to believe that Zinnia is related to Gorrigan from Pokémon XD. The basis for this? Not much really, just their battle intro consisting of ape-like movements. Normal people just don't do that, it has to be a genetic thing!

Speaking of the criminally underrated Gamecube games and family relations, I like to believe that Evice and Nascour from Colosseum are father and son. They have the same grey spiky hair (Though in Evice's case, it could also be from old age. :p), the same creepy black eyes with red irises, hell, they even share a similar fashion sense in wearing clothes with spiky-looking bits hanging out (Nascour's skirt, Evice's longcoat). When you look at the canonical relationship between Greevil and his two lieutenants, it's kind of funny how corrupting Pokémon through horrific means can really bring a family together.

Speaking of Zinnia, there's also a running theory that she's a PMD protagonist. Aside from the part where they bring the protag back after the credits, that is.

I haven't actually read about it, but just thinking about it for myself gets it to make a lot of sense (mind, not "this is sooo canon" sense, just "this is mind-blowing and fun" sense). Like,
has knowledge of multiple Pokémon universes (since she has been to more than one); has lost someone dear (the PMD partner is a decent fit for the description thereof); has seen Rayquaza destroy an incoming meteor of apocalyptic doom...

Speaking of Zinnia, there's also a running theory that she's a PMD protagonist. Aside from the part where they bring the protag back after the credits, that is.

I haven't actually read about it, but just thinking about it for myself gets it to make a lot of sense (mind, not "this is sooo canon" sense, just "this is mind-blowing and fun" sense). Like,
has knowledge of multiple Pokémon universes (since she has been to more than one); has lost someone dear (the PMD partner is a decent fit for the description thereof); has seen Rayquaza destroy an incoming meteor of apocalyptic doom...

Dude what
I totally agree.

I have a new favorite headcanon.

Anyhow like I was talking above re: morality of pokemon battling - when you get right down to it, you'd never let your actual real life pets fight. Dog fighting/cock fighting is horrible. Using the excuse that the pokemon want to do it - okay, but when you look at like, boxing, or even football, the repercussions of the violence are horrible?? I mean boxing more obviously because it's moreso about the beating each other up, but yeah. And you just kinda have to think about the people who are drawn to boxing, tbh. It's not really the best kinda people (Muhammad Ali...)

I tend to think of the games as being more like a nuzlocke than a regular game, so pokemon actually die a lot. Because it makes a lot more sense since they're being super violent??? And these are, for the most part, animals. I mean, not every pokemon is super-intelligent. If they're animals that get their kicks off by being violent, they're gonna be violent. So there'll sometimes be rules like 'no killing' or whatever in battle but yeah, in general, if you're punching things you can't really control what happens to internal organs?? Or setting things on fire?? Eh. (Obviously the other rules of nuzlocke like only catching the first thing on the route don't apply haha.)

So in my idealized pokemon there'd be like, a flag-football version of pokemon battle. Or like pro-bending. It's so much smarter to do it that way anyhow.

---
As a Gender Studies major I pondered this exact idea for a long time, along with the parallels with slavery. And then I heard / thought up (not sure which) a headcannon that brings the two halves, Pokemon and Human, into balance.

Let's take a moment to ponder the world of Pokemon from a Pokemon's perspective. Fire-breathing dragons, electric-shooting mice, etc etc. It's not a safe place by any means, for humans or for Pokemon. Death waits around the corner at pretty much ever second from something that might just be scared of you at best and hungry at worst. And then there are these humans who-

Wait, they're NOT trying to kill me outright?

And then they take a closer look. Maybe they see a group working together to carve out safe places, who use their skills in controlled battles to grow stronger without the fear of death, and allies who'll back you up if you're fight's going poorly. They see no lack of food with no struggle to get it, safety from the ravages of the weather and fear, and companions who they can learn to love.

And while the reality is a lot more complicated than that, the end result is that their life looks a lot better. So maybe instead of fleeing before the humans arrive (like all real-world animals do), you stay and try to earn a place in that protection.
---

Alongside that, I'll say that one day I was bored and decided to figure out how Pokemon work. I made up a cohesive theory and elaborated away, and came up with a framework that makes sense and explains everything about Pokemon as far as the games go (why Pokemon can only have four attacks, why Wailord and Skitty can make an egg, how inverse battles are possible, etc). Thus, the Universal Theory of Pokemon was born!

The side effect of doing that was that I can't make headcannons anymore because they either become cannon in my theory or became fuel for the fanfiction I decided to do with my theory. :sweatdrop:

Well...My pokemon region i made up is real to me XD Or at least used to be...

Also, MissingNo. should apper in the anime. Should.

Back
Top Bottom