• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[closed, thanks to all who contributed]

Re: BL team needs help!

Okay, thanks.

So now, the big question.. Zangoose or Ursaring..?

Also, I still need advice on what item Mismagius should have.

Thanks,

~Nyte~

Leftovers, if you have extra. Other than that I might suggest a dark type resistant berry to save your ass from Crunch or Pursuit.

Ok, thanks.

Think I'll go with Zangoose over Ursaring. Did some trying out on Shoddy yesterday, Zangoose seemed to work very well. Was able to KO some stuff with Quick Attack after that Swords Dance.

I don't think there really is much more help needed, thanks to you guys (and gals, if any :P).

~Nyte~

Espeon [special sweeper] @ Expert Belt
Nature: Mild
EVs ??? Sp.Atk/ ??? Spd (weird EV mix-up means it has slighty lower than max stats)
-Psychic
-Hidden Power [water] [70 power]
-Shadow Ball
-Calm Mind

Espeon is not the best lead. For BL consider Aerodactyl, Alakazam or Aipom, stuff like that. You probably won't get too many Super Effective hits with that moveset, it has terrible coverage, and set-up is pointless when you have such low Speed.

Umbreon @ Lefties
Relaxed
EVs 252 HP/200 Atk/56 Sp.D
-Curse
-Payback
-Wish
-Protect

You might aswell put a doll with a sign saying "HEY! SWITCH-IN ON ME AND SET UP FOR AS LONG AS YOU LIKE. HECK, MAKE A SUBSTITUTE IF YOU WANT!" D/P metagame is fast-paced, Umbreon is a wall (literally).

Zangoose @ Focus Sash
Jolly
EVs 252 Atk/6 Def/252 Spd
-Quick Attack
-Close Combat
-Shadow Claw
-Swords Dance

Quick Attack won't cut it as much as Return, especially with a Jolly nature, consider changing that. Life Orb's a better item, too, with the ridiculous amount of Sandstreamers and SRers on the loose Focus Sash won't make much of a difference in 80% of the times.

Mesprit @ Lefties
Bold
EVs 252 HP/68 Def/92 Sp.A/96 Sp.D
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Psychic
-U-Turn

Nothing to say, clever moveset. ;D

Mismagius [annoyer] @ ?
Nature: Mild (odd nature, I know :P but it has good IVs :D)
EVs 252 Sp.Def/ 252 Spd
-Pain Split
-Confuse Ray
-Will-o-wisp
-Shadow Ball

Pseudo-Special-Dusknoir. Oh and Confuse Ray is like playing Pokémon with dice, ditch it for HP Fighting.

Miltank [healer] (Scrappy) @ Lefties
Nature: Impish
EVs 252 HP/ 32 Spd/ 224 Def
-Body Slam
-Heal Bell
-Milk Drink
-Stealth Rock

Thick Fat's a better ability for this team, in my opinion.

Comments in bold.

I wasn't thinking of leading with Espeon, I just listed it first. Sorry for any confusion.

The strategy with umbreon is that it curses its stats high and then uses it's lower speed in order to get the 100BP on Payback. Wish is for healing the team, and itself (with Protect if necessary) and Protect can be used to scout for choice moves and also for the wish healing as previously mentioned.

Basically, the idea with focus sash is that [as long as there is no Sandstorm/Hail going] it Swords Dances and survives with one hp, then letting it attack it's opponent with a boosted move. Quick Attack is a revenge move and can KO defensively weak pokemon who are faster.

I have found that Confuse Ray can be very annoying if used correctly, and seeing as the Mismagius listed hasn't even got an agressive EV spread, having a second attacking move doesn't seem right.

If I have Thick Fat, I get completely walled by Ghosts. Scrappy rectifies that problem.

Thanks very much for your tips and advice, however this thread is actually closed. I need to change the title, all things considered :P

~Nyte~

Back
Top Bottom