• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Garchomp is Uber Now...

Should Garchomp Be Uber

• Heck Yeah!

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • Heck No!

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Who cares? But I say yes.

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • Who cares? But I say no.

Votes: 5 13.5%

• Total voters
I'm actually really glad that he's gone now. Things are so much more fun now, especially with stall teams being able to run again - or at least, they were, before Skymin came. I'm going to stick to WiFi from now on, I think, and just trust people not to bring that Uber into my games.

Hard to even BRING Skymin into Wifi, seeing as how Glacidia's Flower only works on certain Shaymin apparently

Glacidia's Flower will work on any Shaymin, you just need the movie one to get the item. Also, Skymin reverts to Shaymin on Wi-Fi. In fact, it only stays Skymin on local wireless battles with another Platinum game.

And indeed, quite a number of people on Smogon itself play ubers. There's even a ladder specifically for it on Shoddy.

I've never played it myself (excluding JAA, which merely allowed a wide range of pokémon considered uber), but it looks sort of fun in a crazy kind of way.

Oh I see what you mean. But I was referring to standard Wi-Fi battling.

People play ubers on wi-fi too. Not as commonly as they do UU and stuff like that, but I've seen more than one wi-fi ubers tournament.

I think it was sort of random to put Garchomp in Uber. He was real good and stuff but apart from Wynatt and evo he's the only no legen Pokemon to be uber. What next, Blissey?

Yeah I do agree but if we uber all the pokemon who are overused, there'll be like none left, Alakazam will be gone along with Scizor and loads of others

Guys, they didn't just decide to 'randomly' put Garchomp to Ubers. They did several tests on Shoddy, and it was found to overcentralize the metagame. They're doing the same thing with Deoxys-S, and at some point, Stealth Rock, Shaymin-S, and Lati@s too.

Things don't get sent to ubers just because they're good. They get sent there if they make the metagame so centered around them that it simply isn't as fun anymore.

(also lol @zam being uber)

Back
Top Bottom