• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

D/P/Pt My Crystal League Battle Team

For Flygon, there's not much point in two Dragon attacks, so I would suggest switching Dragon Claw for Fire Blast. Hyper Beam should make way for Earthquake and Faint Attack for Roost. That will give it much nicer coverage, remove the recharge stage and allow you to keep attacking after you heal up. Life Orb would be nice and works well with Roost, but if you don't want that/can't get one, Yache Berry can work to survive most Ice Attacks and allow you to KO then Roost later.

Nothing to change on Tyranitar, looks very nice.

Vaporeon should lose Blizzard for a few reasons. First, it's very inaccurate. Second, you have Ice Beam for an Ice attack. Third, you lack a STAB move. Surf would be the safest bet. Trump Card seems a bit unreliable, so Toxic might be useful to wear down opponents you can't hit with Surf/Ice Beam, such as opposing Water types.

Once you get Shadow Ball on Gardevoir, it should work fine. If you can get Leftovers on it, that would be useful. Otherwise, Odd Incense works too.

Houndoom is all fine, as well. Though Life Orb would help it immensely if you can get that.

I might suggest Shadow Ball over Aura Sphere on Lucario since Aura Sphere and Close Combat achieve the same purpose. Other than that, it's fine. As for an item, you can likely guess by now what would work. Life Orb. =P

Most of that I was going to change anyways XD

But hmm... more Life Orbs would be hard to come by, unless I did the cloning trick, as for leftovers, but like you said, Odd Incense works too, I guess, especially because Gardevoir has Wish.

Hey, Mewtwo! Hey, hey!

Have you considered getting a Choice Scarf for your Lucario?
You'd need something to check for entry hazards, though. I don't know how prominent they are in the Crystal league. You might like to switch an awful lot if you're using a choice item, anyway. Having a rapid spinner on your team would be useful under any circumstances!

Anyway, the choice scarf will boost Lucario's speed by 50%, which is very useful when you're coming across ghosts, steels and rocks, which it cannot hit very much with extremespeed. Lucario's speed is high but, not high enough to outspeed a lot of common threats. Plus, as dragon pulse has good type coverage, being locked into one move won't be too much of a problem!

Just a thought.

EDIT: I've also just noticed that half of your Pokémon, Tyranitar, Flygon and Lucario function in Sandstorm. Have you considered changing some of your other Pokémon to those with the Sand Veil ability, for sandstorm abuse? Dugtrio would be a prime contender with good speed and average attack but, poor defenses. The extra evasion would do it good.

Hmm... I'm also concocting a Chrome League *gasp!* Battle Team, so... I might abuse Sandstorm on there. But for Crystal League, I just wanted to change the moves.

Back
Top Bottom