• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Psycic Kobra's Mix 'N' Match Sprite Shop

Psychic Kobra

The Kobra who twists time, space and....spoons.
Hi! I am gonna make you sprites! Just simply request! I can't scratch, but i can do other things.(View Sabrago, Desert Ruler to see my suckish scratch sprite.) An example of a Splice is shown.

icesharp.png

OK!:grin:

Finished! The scizor was too hard, so....you got a promotional Scizor-colored Squirtle with an orange bow tie!

promotionalsquirtle.png
revampmarill.png

Sorry, the Scizor revamp was really hard, so here's a promotional squirtle instead!

revampmarill.png
promotionalsquirtle.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Please don't make multiple posts unless a significant amount of time has passed between each one. There's nothing wrong with dumping a whole bunch of sprites in a single post.

I believe it was an error of trying to figure out how to embed images and not knowing how to delete posts.

Birdy&Negrek: I don't take critisism nicely. If you don't like my threads, don't visit them at all.

I Liek Squirtles: Thanks! I couldn't do the Scizor because there was too much white on the sprite i was revamping, along with:No shading and blue in all of the places that couldn't be filled with black. I think you might of noticed this, but I'll tell u anyway: Your squirtle had Scizor's colours and a larvitar stomach colour bow tie!

Could you splice an Aggron's head onto Jirachi's body? Also perhaps wearing a monocle and a top hat. That would be hilarious.

Birdy&Negrek: I don't take critisism nicely. If you don't like my threads, don't visit them at all.
Actually, double-posting is against the rules of this forum which you agreed to when you signed up. Negrek isn't offering criticism, neg's pointing out that you broke a rule, which is why your post was edited. I would suggest maybe not talking back to an administrator after they correct you.

Shouldn't this be in Art Request Shops because it's only for requests?
Oh, and by the way, here's a spriting tip: Don't reuse body parts. Scratch your own or use a different one.

Last edited:
I Liek Squirtles: Thanks! I couldn't do the Scizor because there was too much white on the sprite i was revamping, along with:No shading and blue in all of the places that couldn't be filled with black.

if that's the problem you're not revamping, you're recoloring

this would be an actual scizor revamp:
scizorrevamp-3.png

Last edited:
The shading on that marill looks kinda flat and really like the original sprite... I'll agree with Poly that you're not revamping, you're recoloring.

yeah - here's what a marill revamp styled after b/w sprites might look like:
marillrevamp.png

I can see you added some shading that the original didn't have, but it doesn't imitate any other sprite's shading and doesn't fit with the body very well. Notice how Marill is a round object? Round objects have round shadows. Yours has... a wiggly line for a shadow that straightens out and continues into the tail with no regard to the tail's shape or location relative to the Marill's body.

The outline is pretty much all black, except for some weird brown spots that shouldn't be there-- outline should be around three shades of blue and dark blue, not two shades of brown and black. The shading on the belly doesn't match the shading on the blue part. Also, shading shouldn't have "hard" edges on round stuff like Poly said...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom