• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Which non-promotion legendaries are easiest/hardest to catch?

Dark Tyranitar

Is it progress if a cannibal uses knife and fork?
I think that Kyogre is the easiest, mainly because I managed to catch it the first time I met it, without having to start from the last save over...and over...and over. If I had Ruby instead of Sapphire, I'd probably say Groudon.

For hardest, I'd have to say either Raikou or Entei. They still haven't shown on my Gold version...:sad:

Easiest... I think Kyogre was my easiest one as well. It wasn't very hard for me to weaken it, and it only took me a few (around 7) dive balls.

Hardest... Either Mewtwo or Rayquaza. They both took a vey long time to get to and catch. I had to restart many times. I also have to say Entei (on Crystal) and Latias because they had to be hunted down and trapped as soon as you found them.

Yeah, in terms of catch rate, Dialga and Palkia are by far the easiest to catch. Amusing - it's easy to catch the lords of Space and Time, isn't it?

Heatran was easy for me. I caught him in an Ultra Ball at full health.

Dalgia-one Aura sphere, one ultra ball. I think i paid though - it took about 5 ultra balls to catch a chartot

Hardest - for me Uxie - I had to use the master ball in the end (I had a few spares on ruby, and so using the master ball ironicly allowed me to get more (I still tried to catch giratania and heatran without them, and succeeded with heatran))
Also the one which run around are a pain

Easiest: Palkia/Dialga (although once I threw an ordinary Pokeball at Uxie (or one of the other ones, I can't remember) and it caught it. It was the first move in the battle so no damage/stat conditions)
Hardest: Registeel whenever I restart on Sapphire I spend days trying to get it and maybe quater of an hour getting the other two. Probably just my luck, though.

O_O You're kidding, right? The easiest is Dialga / Palkia. Weaken them and throw a Dusk Ball at night and you get them. 30 capture rate; the rate of a Murkrow.
Just goes to show how amazing Murkrows are.

Easiest? Dialga/Palkia. Same catch rate as a Chatot.
Hardest? Azelf. "OLOLOL I'm going to Nasty Plot three times while you're throwing balls"

Giratina. I kinda stumbled upon the cave by accident (hey look! Cave! *walk walk* Giratina?!) Yeah. And my Pokemon are only about level 60... I poked Giratina with Franziska the Staraptor, lobbed a Dusk Ball, and I caught it. I had no idea....

The hardest one for me was Uxie. After trying for like five hours I just got pissed off at it, used Roar of Time, and saved so that I couldn't undo it later if I regretted it, then went and got the National Dex that took way too long to get.

IMO, the hardest one to catch is Regigigas. That thing took like all of my quick balls, like 50 dusk balls and 20 timer balls before I got the thing.

Uh, for me, it was Moltres in Leaf Green that was easiest for me.

Trying to get Kyoger in Emerald was the hardest...

Easiest: Palkia/Dialga
Hardest: Groudon (Emerald)/Rayquaza

And just because:

Easiest Promotion: Arceus. Used an AR to get to it. IT CAN'T HURT SPIRITOMB XD

Easiest are Palkia and Dialga; Kyogre and Groudon also have higher catchrates than most legendaries (5 compared to 3); hardest is anything else assuming that the RNG hates you.

ok if we are not ARing masterballs...

easiest: Mew in RBY :B come on guys its level 7
hardest: MESPRIT THAT LITTLE BASTARD. URGH

Easiest: Regirock on R/S took 1 ultra ball
Hardest: Rayquaza caught it on my last timerball after wasting all my Ultra balls, Great balls and Poke balls.

ok if we are not ARing masterballs...

easiest: Mew in RBY :B come on guys its level 7
hardest: MESPRIT THAT LITTLE BASTARD. URGH

Technically, Mew is still a promotion pokemon. So it doesn't count.

For me, it probally was either Palkia/Dialga or Articuno/Moltres for easiest, hardest would've been Zapdos or Rayquaza, not counting the roaming legends.

Back
Top Bottom