• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Daily Pokemon Discussions

So a magic anthropomorphic fox... with spiky hair. And its chest kinda looks like it should be female. But wait, the white bit looks like a long beard tucked under a yellow inverted cleavage. Well, it's fur, it doesn't mean anything. And it probably just has a big ribcage.

The only fire starter I've ever liked is Blaziken, and Delphox is no exception. Though Fire/Psychic is a cool typing.

I prefer to think of Megas as forms. In Pokémon, evolutions are supposed to be stable (except for the Slowguys). That and fourth stages, legendary evolutions and long names.

Looks like most Megas just get extra spiky stuff. But hey, it got... antelope horns instead of ram horns? And the tail doesn't even resemble a pitchfork or anything. It's just an arrow split in half.

I haven't used it yet, but it looks cool I guess. I'm not sure about my opinion on the Solar Power ability yet.

Houndoom is my favourite Pokémon, and hooray! its mega form turned out just as badass. I like to think its armour is made from the bones of its enemies. That's pretty metal.

Manectric!

They're huge! I thought they were normal dog sized, I think Colosseum and XD made them that size too. But it turns out they're 1.5m tall? You could probably ride them like a horse.

Are they really that large?

I never really liked that line, and the Mega makes me like it less. Couldn't tell you why.

I never really liked that line, and the Mega makes me like it less. Couldn't tell you why.

Um, way too spiky?

I first thought it was supposed to be a lion. But a wolf probably makes more sense.

Wait, even its mouth is spiky. It's like a Trapinch mouth gone soft with teeth inside.

I wasn't fond of that evolution line initially either but I definitely warmed to it. I haven't played X or Y yet so I haven't seen most of the mega evolutions. Looking at its bulbapedia article the other day is the first time I saw it, and yeah it's way too spiky.

It always weirds me out when a Pokémon is much bigger than I thought it was.

Normal Manectric looks cool, but mega Manectric's design is awful... They just enlarged its spikes to ridiculous proportions. It looks awkward and cumbersome.

And the Pokémon of the day is...

electrode.gif

Electrode! I'm actually partial to its pre-evolution, becuase Electrode is exactly the same thing with weird eyes. It's basically a kamikaze Pokémon and is virtually worthless in my eyes, but hey, if you're into that kind of thing, go for it.

dragonite.gif

Dragonite! It's pretty decent (as it is a pseudo-Legendary) despite its terrible weakness to Ice, since that's made up for with Multiscale. It also has a decent moveset, although it's not particularly good. It makes a good sweeper, though, with its wide type-coverage (it gets the elemental punches).

Yes, I meant gen 4. I probably got mixed up because the dragonite I used to fly everywhere in Diamond was the same one I used to fly everywhere in FireRed.

So, first pseudo-legendary line ever: Cute blue snake, beautiful blue snake... big cutesy orange Western dragon with small wings? Charizard is a better dragon...

So, first pseudo-legendary line ever: Cute blue snake, beautiful blue snake... big cutesy orange Western dragon with small wings? Charizard is a better dragon...
I disagree, in the sense that Charizard is a Western(ish) Dragon as well, and Dragonite pulls the look off much better.

purrloin.gif

Purrloin! I love its name, and it's not terrible; I've seen them used competitively before. They have good Speed and are generally a decent early-game Pokémon, though I think it needed either a middle stage or a more similar final stage.

I honestly am not much of a fan, but when I found out that it stood up like that I liked it even less. Why does it stand? My friend theorizes that they're going for a Meowthy kind of thing.

Back
Top Bottom