• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon Online Team Help

Wargle

Dirty minds think alike~
My Pokemon Online team isn't doing that good. Here it is:

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed

Mothra (Volcarona) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Swarm
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Fiery Dance
- Hidden Power [Rock]

Thundurus (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Taunt
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Earthquake
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Bisharp (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Escavalier (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Swarm
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Return

I'd really like to get rid of Ferrothorn and Bisharp because they just aren't working, I can't ever have Ferro set up because he's killed in one hit every time bwcause there's always a counter to him as a lead....

It's definitely because only your Volcarona has a Nickname

It may be because you're using steel offensively, which isn't widely praised. If you really want to get rid of Bisharp, you might want to try this:

609.png

Modest/Timid w/Flame Body (or Shadow Tag if available) @Life Orb/Choice Scarf or Specs
252 Spe, 252 SAtt, 4 Hp
-Energy Ball
-Shadow Ball
-Clear Smog
-Fire Move of your choice (Flamethrower/Overheat/Fire Blast)

I think you'll find this to be interesting because you can Energy Ball away Water threats, and with Clear Smog (if you can outrun the target- which is why the Choice Scarf is there) you can (if only temporarily) eliminate boost threats, often like DD TTar and Bibarel (if you find yourself in that situation- both of those would be extremely unfortunate for your Chandelure and the better choice, unless there are no others, will almost always be switch out for another) The fire move/Shadow Ball would be for general sweeping, keeping in mind to make a good choices when attacking. Also, with Shadow Tag it will be really easy to counter Scizor. (if he's still rampant on PO, I don't know because I only have Shoddy)

Or, if that's not your cup of soup, you could try this (heck, this might even work for a lead, if you want to give it a spin):

620.png

Adamant/Jolly w/Regenerator @Life Orb/Focus Sash
76 Hp, 252 Att, 178 Spe
-Fake Out
-Drain Punch/Brick Break
-U-Turn
-Stone Edge

I actually like this a lot, because with Regenerator and U-Turn, you get some pretty decent healing, along with regular switches and Drain Punch, if you go with it. Drain Punch or Brick Break is really your choice, but with Drain Punch you will get more healing capabilities and your Mienshao will last longer, or with Brick Break you can break screen setters. So that one is really up to you, it just depends on which one you are more worried about/run into as a problem more often.

Hope I helped.

Ferrothorn isn't a lead. Slow set-up leads were okay in Gen IV, but now they arent more than dead weights, especially since the introduction of team previews. When using Ferrothorn, you have to switch in on a resist, set up on layer of spikes, switch out, repeat. Additionally, you aren't using it with things that help it, namely things that attract its resisting types. Using it along Chandelure is a neat idea, considering they resist each other's weakness quite well. However, Chandelure needs Flash Fire to work with Ferrothorn properly.

You may want to use some other alternatives on Ferrothorn also, like Spikes and Thunder Wave over Stealth Rock and protect. Just sayin'.

Finally, I strongly recommend you get yourself a water Pokémon (a bulky one), seeing how screwed over you are by fire pokes (A choice scarf Chandelure with SR up KOs your entire team with Fire Blast / Flamethrower and a bit of residual damage).

I suggest Bulky Gyarados, Vaporeon, Unaware Quagsire, Milotic orRotom-Wash (This one is great). Try them and see what fits your team best!

Last note: Escavalier is a serious waste of a team slot honestly, especially with no TR / Paralysis support.

I used Flash Fire Chandy and got sent to Dream World Ubers....

Escavalier 4hko'ed a Giratina

1. I'm 99.99% sure Chandy is not Ubers with Flash Fire.

2. 4HKO is lame, seeing most of intelligent Giratina owners will take the time to either Will-O-Wisp you, making you useless, or HP Fire you, KOing, or switching out if they have none of those options.

Well I have a FF Chandy and It's putting my team in the Dream World Ubers tier

It was his Last Pokemon, so he couldn't switch, and I never Swords Danced

Back
Top Bottom