• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon X/Y

Because it's a new gen! That's big! Also, how can you have a 'preference' already ... :V

tumblr_mhkvjxqR5i1rsvqtto1_400.png

Most people think these are fake which is a shame because Pitoyui (the bird) is a cutie. :C

I want that bird on my team.

Is that bird a dark type? If it is, think this will be a great dark monotype challenge.

Nah, CoroCoro's pages seem to usually be a bit more crowded than that. At least, the scans on Serebii give me that impression.

Reasonably sure that was confirmed as fake—I never saw said confirmation myself, but apparently three popular fakemon artists on dA were responsible for it. There's a second scan with some dinosaurs and a youkai-ghost-looking thing that is probably also fake:

tumblr_mhm6j6ASMJ1s53i3yo1_500.jpg

(from Tumblr)

though I haven't seen any artists confirmed for this one yet.

Bit of a shame, though, yeah, because they were interesting. If the bird was named "pitoyui" then maybe it was a pitohui like this one, which would be cool because those are poisonous (though I think I saw someone call the bird normal/flying; dunno where they got that, but if so then maybe it would've been poison-type after evolving). Also a Lambeosaurus pokémon (yellow dude in the second scan) would be just the best thing.

What's with all the fakes cropping up just now? It's been a few weeks since the game was announced, hasn't it? Get on the ball, guys!

My boyfriend came across this image just now, too:
350wglh.jpg

Unfortunately, there was no source tied to it. He's also really stupid and only linked the thumbnail and now he can't be bothered to go back to the page he found it on. I do really like these forms, though.

Last edited:
here you go!

It was just an early set of fan designs, not meant to be official! I really like all three of them though. I have a feeling Froakie's not going to turn so cool. :C

i'm going to wait for more info on these games but so far nothing's sold me. yeah, the graphics are different, but that's not going to win me over, especially since the starters are the same boring fire/water/grass choice as always :I

My boyfriend came across this image just now, too:
350wglh.jpg
I remember seeing this image, like, the day of the trailer. #tcod consensus was that Fennekin-final has some neat bits but is overall entirely too ridiculous. I also feel that most fake starter-finals are too "scared" to depart from the basic's design too much (see also quadrupedal Samurott and bipedal Emboar).

Speaking of, it'd actually be kinda cool if froakie turned into something like the evo at the end of this comic. The art style is simple and all and you can't see the whole thing, but the general concept of an elegant flying? salamander dragon is p awesome. (Tail is a little too dragonairesque, though.)

I remember seeing this image, like, the day of the trailer. #tcod consensus was that Fennekin-final has some neat bits but is overall entirely too ridiculous. I also feel that most fake starter-finals are too "scared" to depart from the basic's design too much (see also quadrupedal Samurott and bipedal Emboar).

It'd be kinda nutty (and cool) if Fennekin ended up bipedal. It'd look like Renamon or something.

I kinda feel that most people like a really consistent starter line... Samurott comes out of nowhere and a sudden random change isn't much fun to design. :|a The final form can still be interesting even if it's pretty similar, like Charizard or Swampert or Serperior. Basically I just want an ear-fluff ponytail final!kin though.

Also no no please Renamon looks way too Fighting-type...

84073d1359144439-starter-discussion-original.jpg

This Fighting-type Fennekin is pretty! Apparently a bunch of people thought it was real. I don't really care if it's Fighting-type if has a good design.

(I can't find a source :( )

Also why do all the fake Fennekins have beards? Do real Fennec foxes secretly grow beards?

I'm not happy with nearly all of the fake evolutions I can dig up.

I kinda feel that most people like a really consistent starter line... Samurott comes out of nowhere and a sudden random change isn't much fun to design. :|a The final form can still be interesting even if it's pretty similar, like Charizard or Swampert or Serperior. Basically I just want an ear-fluff ponytail final!kin though.

It's not that they should turn completely different! I think Samurott all of a sudden is weird, too, but fake evolutions tend to strongly veer in the direction of just being bigger versions of the real one. Charizard isn't a bigger Charmander; its face and body structure change a lot, and wings happen! Swampert is way different while still looking very related to Mudkip! Seperior lost its legs.

This fake Fighting-type Fennekin has Fennekin's exact face, when starter faces actually change lots. A lot of fakes do that, and also keep the same proportions and general body-shape.

chespin_fakelutions_by_spyrothefox.jpg

Exact feet, still hangs its arms the same way, same leg shape, same markings and colours, exact same tail but long. It is pretty and the cloak is nice, but it barely changed. Isn't it almost more suitable for a second-stage? The actual second-stage here actually is just Chespin, stylized. Nastyjungle's Chespin face stays the same (especially the mouth), too (although I like how it gets a lot more chestnut-like).

froakie__s_evolutions_by_pejota1.jpg

This is exactly Froakie, just stretched and standing up.

People should do what's fun for them to draw; that's fine! But it's not as fun to look through fakes if every one of them is like that. Even if they're pretty, it would be really nice if more people would realize it's okay to change things a little more.

Back
Top Bottom