• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon X/Y

This is a pretty convincing latter-day Mewthree hoax. Still probably a hoax though. It would be completely unprecedented if it's not.
It's not a Mewthree, I know that much. Look at the difference between Mew and Mewtwo-- that's way more drastic than new forme thingy and Mewtwo. It's probably exactly what I just said it was-- just a new form. Maybe it's more Physical attack oriented if anything. I'm not quite sure how you can make Mewtwo better.

probably the weirdest thing I've seen in a while. but I like how cilan and iris' expressions are roughly "what" at it

Eh, it looks a lot better than it did on the magazine thingy. Somewhat interesting, although hopefully it is a forme and not a new Pokémon.
ETA: Although, several things are significantly different, to the point where I think it may be Mewthree. E.g., the eyes, and the tail not being attached to the head, and the softer appearance.

For those who couldn't see it, here's the art.
Mewtwo_forme.png

I don't hate the design as much as I hate formes. And new formes and evos for all things instead of creating actual new pokemon. Uhg I'm not going to enjoy this gen at all. :| uhg this design is bad.

Is this all they're going to reveal today? It's a bit of a disappointment, I was hoping for something completely new.

So far I really, really don't like Sylveon, it looks too...complicated to be an Eeveelution, to me at least, it just doesn't mesh well with the rest in my eyes. Though I used to think the same thing about Leafeon, so I suppose that could change. I hope they haven't stopped introducing them in pairs at least, although I can't think of why Sylveon would get so much focus if there was another one.

Mewtwo's new Forme is alright with me, I suppose, it could have been a lot worse. I like the little halo crest thing, but I hate its toes a lot. I'd like to know the flavour-reason for the Forme switch, as well as how it comes up in the movie versus the games.

When I first saw the early images of Newtwo, I somehow didn't notice it had a body, and thought it was just some weird flying serpent thing that looked incredibly silly. And then I noticed it had a body, so now I think it looks decent.

Still waiting for more actual brand-new Pokemon, though.

Is this all they're going to reveal today? It's a bit of a disappointment, I was hoping for something completely new.

So far I really, really don't like Sylveon, it looks too...complicated to be an Eeveelution, to me at least, it just doesn't mesh well with the rest in my eyes. Though I used to think the same thing about Leafeon, so I suppose that could change. I hope they haven't stopped introducing them in pairs at least, although I can't think of why Sylveon would get so much focus if there was another one.

?? Vaporeon is clearly the most complex eeveelution. I still need reference when drawing it, and the others I can do by heart, including leafeon and sylveon (already).

I am so unamused by this. I guess I'll be more or less 0kay with it if it turns out to be a separate pokémon than Mewtwo entirely, but I hate the idea of formes in general and this forme in particular, and yeah. I'm about ready to unleash my rage over here.

Either way this is probably going to screw up my fanfic so much ffffff

I like the new mewtwo form! I like how its tail comes out of its brain, that's so weird and cool and gross :O I like how it looks younger and more childlike than mewtwo but still not as cutesy as mew. that halo thing makes me want to hang it on a coatrack or something, haha.

kiiind of unamused that it's a forme instead of mewthree, but eh.

?? Vaporeon is clearly the most complex eeveelution. I still need reference when drawing it, and the others I can do by heart, including leafeon and sylveon (already).

Vaporeon has logical fins and crests and stuff but nothing superfluous. Sylveon has like ribbons and butterflies and like what where is all this coming from, nothing else has hanging parts (I always see Glaceon's earmuff-things as extensions of its ears or something)

Vaporeon has logical fins and crests and stuff but nothing superfluous. Sylveon has like ribbons and butterflies and like what where is all this coming from, nothing else has hanging parts (I always see Glaceon's earmuff-things as extensions of its ears or something)

But vaporeon's fin things etc. only aren't superfluous because it's a water type and it's supposed to be a fish-mermaid-dog-thing. Sylveon's ribbons and bows and stuff aren't really superfluous because we still don't even know what it's about yet! I mean nothing else has a head gem like Espeon or bangs like Glaceon, but they're hardly there for no reason. Whether you see Glaceon's hanging-dealies (I see them as bangs!) as something particular or not, they're still... hanging flowy parts. They blow around in the wind and stuff!
GlaceonMajesticDawn20.jpg

Last edited:
Yay. Mewthree forme is canon.

*sobs quietly*

This.

Seriously, I know that the Mewtwo story was interesting and all that, but honestly. Do we really need another one of these suckers? It makes me feel like Nintendo's getting extra gimmicky, and I hope that the next thing unveiled isn't a Pikablu or something.

This.

Seriously, I know that the Mewtwo story was interesting and all that, but honestly. Do we really need another one of these suckers? It makes me feel like Nintendo's getting extra gimmicky, and I hope that the next thing unveiled isn't a Pikablu or something.

Pikablu already exists through glitch on R/B/G/Y.

When I first saw that thing, I thought it was a Lugia-style thing with a long neck. At least this one is more Mewtwo-like... But it's a Mew/Mewtwo/Arceus hybrid with its tail on its head.

Er, it's not a new form/Forme, it's an entirely different Pokémon. Literally everything they've revealed suggests this.

Personally, I think it is neat they are revisiting the Mew/Mewtwo story.

Er, it's not a new form/Forme, it's an entirely different Pokémon. Literally everything they've revealed suggests this.

Personally, I think it is neat they are revisiting the Mew/Mewtwo story.

According to Pokebeach, just about everything they said about Black/White Kyurem when they were first revealed suggested that they were new Pokemon, too. It could still be a new Pokemon, but it's probably just a new Mewtwo form like everyone's been saying.

I like Mewtwo's new form. Not as much as the original Mewtwo, natch, but still good. It makes me think of an ultra-powerful psychic alien, and while Mewtwo isn't a alien, it works really well for him. I do think the fingers/toes are odd, but I'll probably get used to them.

Back
Top Bottom