• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

jaketiger1116 vs Timeline4All (ref: Negrek)

Round Four

jaketiger1116 (O)
trapinch
Sandom (M) <Hyper Cutter>
Health: 45%
Energy: 55%
Used: Body Slam ~ Signal Beam ~ Giga Drain
- Okay.

Timeline4All (O)
staryu
Star (X) <Illuminate> @ Water Stone
Health: 47%
Energy: 87%
Used: Bubblebeam ~ Rapid Spin + Water Gun
- Feeling a bit sick. Badly poisoned (3% next round). -1 Special Defense

Not wasting a second, Star shoots off a powerful stream of water from its topmost arm. Sandom, at the sight of the impending attack, braces itself against what it knows will be very painful. The raindrops do nothing to comfort Sandom as he is doused with the hydro pump.

Drenched but not defeated, Sandom resiliently charges toward its opponent. With his massive jaws, he clamps down on Star's core, dealing further damage. Star doesn't show any signs of displeasure (it's doesn't have a face after all) but is actually furious beyond description.

With all its loathing, it sends forth another jet of water, savoring the expression on its opponents face. "That'll teach you to mess with my core," thought Star.

Sandom, having had more water than he'd have wanted for a lifetime, digs a hasty retreat to somewhere he knows his opponent will have a hard time following him. He uses his jaws to scoop mouthfuls of dirt. However, what should be an easy task proves harder than Sandom is used to. The damp mud seems to be hampering his progress. Lower and lower he goes until he is satisfied, reaching solid ground, but heeding his trainer's words, he digs upward for a few moments.

Star then tries to blend in with the grass it is standing on, its core taking on a green hue. Using a considerable amount of energy, it shakes and twitches as it wills itself to turn into a grass type. Slowly, its biological makeup changes and it feels more in tune with the forest. However, even after it finishes the move, it continues to twitch for a few moments, the poison in its body starting to take its effect and causing considerable discomfort.

Sandom, on the other hand, feels better than Star, not having to deal with nasty toxins and all that, as he whiles away his time in his small underground refuge. He closes his eyes to the sound of rain for a moment. He knows he will soon have to face his opponent and makes the most out of his brief rest.

jaketiger1116 (O)
trapinch
Health: 10%
Energy: 56%
Used: Crunch ~ Dig ~ Chill
- Enjoying the respite but terribly winded

Timeline4All (O)
staryu
Health: 30%
Energy: 66%
Used: Hydro Pump ~ Hydro Pump ~ Camouflage
- Twitching slightly. Badly poisoned (4% next round). -1 Special Defense

Terrain Notes
Rain is still falling, but it's starting to lighten (1 more action).
The field is a mixture of grass and mud.
There's a J shaped tunnel with Sandom inside.

Damage and Energy Calculations
Crunch -14 HP -4 Energy
Dig -5 Energy
Chill +10 Energy
Hydro Pump -18 HP -8 Energy
Hydro Pump - 18 HP -8 Energy
Camouflage -5 Energy
Poison -3 HP

Final Notes
- Crunch was a critical hit.
-The damage cap was hit during the second hydro pump
- Timeline4all attacks first next round.

You hurt Star`s core!!!! I Keel You!!
Start with that wonderful move known as Chill until he comes back up, wait until he is up and nail him with another Hydro Pump.

Chill/Hydro Pump~Chill/Hydro Pump~Chill/Hydro Pump

Alright, Sandom. It's obvious you're at really low health. But you've done really well in this battle so far, and I'm proud of you. So even though chances are we'll lose, remember: You've done awesome! :D Alright. Now, I want you to dig up and strike him, like you would normally finish a Dig. Then I want you to use Double Team and make like....3 clones. Hopefully that makes it harder for him to hit you with that nasty hydro pump. Now, use Gust...which I'm extremely surprised to learn that you know.

Dig (Back Up and Strike) ~ Double Team (3 Clones) ~ Gust

Round Five

jaketiger1116 (O)
trapinch
Health: 10%
Energy: 58%
Commands: Dig (Back Up and Strike) ~ Double Team (3 Clones) ~ Gust
- Enjoying the respite but terribly winded

Timeline4All (O)
staryu
Health: 30%
Energy: 70%
Commands: Chill/Hydro Pump~Chill/Hydro Pump~Chill/Hydro Pump
- Twitching slightly. Badly poisoned (4% next round). -1 Special Defense. Grass Type

Star, although still quite energetic, takes a breather from the battle by laying down on the grass. It starts to gaze dreamily at the clouds while waiting for its opponent to resurface. Losing some focus on the falling droplets from above, Star is significantly surprised when something, rather someone, sends it flying through the air. Well, what happened to Star wouldn't be accurately referred to as flying. It was more of a short airborne period of gracelessness.

The awkwardness of being flung by its opponents attack brings Star's attention to the battle. Before its opponent has a chance to strike, or do anything for that matter, Star unleashes yet another powerful blast of water. This time, the blast is significantly weaker due to Star's recent type change, but is strong enough to send Sandom into the sweet clutches of unconsciousness.

jaketiger1116 nods solemnly, knowing defeat was imminent, and recalls his fallen comrade. Control of Dialga also recalls his pokemon but not before offering a few words of praise. The two trainers then proceed to shaking hands and receiving prize money before rushing off to the nearest pokemon center. No doubt their pokemon'd need some time to recover from this battle.

jaketiger1116 (X)
trapinch
Health: 0%
Energy: 55%
Used: Dig
- Unconscious

Timeline4All (O)
staryu
Health: 24%
Energy: 72%
Used: Chill ~ Hydro Pump
- Victorious. Badly poisoned (5% next round). -1 Special Defense

Terrain Notes
Rain has stopped falling.
The field is a mixture of grass and mud.
There's a J shaped tunnel.

Damage and Energy Calculations
Chill +10 Energy
Dig -6 HP -3 Energy
Hydro Pump -18 HP -8 Energy

Final Notes
-I made a mistake last round. Hydro Pump should've caused 22% damage at 6% energy. Fixed the numbers.
-I also apparently miscalculated the energy on dig. Fixed the numbers.
-Control of Dialga gets $8. I and Negrek get $3 each. jaketiger1116 gets $3.

Back
Top Bottom