• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pocket Spriter Livestream on Sunday!

Speed-X

I'm sorry I haven't yet introduced myself. It's stupid of me, I know. And no, I don't plan on having made this account for JUST advertising this.

I was kinda asked if I could do this mainly so I could get the word out.

See, Okay. Where do I start? I have this forum--oh, surprise-surprise, a FORUM--called "Project Mutation."
I think perhaps some of you may remember Medical Meccanica, no? Well, whether you have or haven't, this isn't the time to discuss that.
But nonetheless, I noticed that she, at one point, advertised a forum called "PMFOmega," right?

Anyway, that forum was like a revival of PMF and PMF2. Sadly, all three forums died.

But I've created a tribute forum to the first two PMF forums, and it's been going okay. It could be better, but...yeah.

Anyway, it pretty much has mainly to do with Pokemon...and pixel art. No, not the crappy copy+paste crap you see everywhere on Youtube. Just...actual pixel art.
That being said, a roleplay called PMR is under development--it's pretty much a Pokemon roleplay...with a new region--Ohemgee, another surprise--but that really isn't it.
It's based solely on Pokemon hybrids. Though like 50/50 incorporation.

Sorry though, that's a totally different story.

Project Mutation has several interactive sections relating to pixel art, such as a gallery that features some of the forum's best pixel art; a forumwide pixel art competition which currently needs more judges; and more.

We also have a brand new feature: Sunday and Thursday Livestreams hosted by the forum (lead hosts are MM and I).

Sunday Livestreams, called "Pocket Spriter," is focused on showing you, the viewers, walkthroughs on different types of pixel art...usually Pokemon-related though. Hey, we have to keep it in-theme.

The link to the forum is here.

Quote from the original post on the forum:
NOTE: ALL TIMES LISTED HERE ARE IN GMT CENTRAL (-6:00).

Alright, so after MM's Livestream just on Tuesday, we decided one thing: we need to make that a weekly official PM thing. :3

For these two events, we will have an LS account for the forum.
Project Mutation's Official Livestream Channel!

Not just that, though. MM and Involuntary Twitch used to also have a stream called Pocket Spriter.

What is "Pocket Spriter"?
Basically, it consists of different panels, each lasting about an hour. Of course, every panel was pixel art and/or Pokemon-related in some way. (I never really saw any of those streams, unfortunately, but I've heard about them a few times.)

It's organized into panels, of course, mainly for organizational purposes and so that members can come to and go from certain panels of their choice...like a con.

Anyways, we'll post up the schedule for every week so you can be informed.

What is the Rating of Pocket Spriter?
We will try to keep it PG-13, but please be aware that, since we're all kinda just goofy teenagers at heart, we will sometimes use mild to strong language, and some mature topics MAY be covered during idle chitchat. If you do not wish to hear any of this, feel free to just mute the LS: if you have any comments or questions, just post them in the LS chat! We'll get back to you via a reply on said chat.

What's the Purpose of Thursday Streams?
In these streams, we will usually have someone make a sprite / pixel art, work on an existing pixel art of theirs, and the like. Also consists of chatting about miscellaneous and/or relative topics.
This being said, so far the only two people who are hosting these will be MM and me. If you want to sign up for this, please feel free to! However, please be ready to meet the following criteria:
  • Your pixel art skills should be at least somewhat decent. Don't worry too terribly about this, however, because this isn't too ridiculously strict.
  • You need Livestream Procaster. Just type it in Google; it should be the first result or two. With this, make sure that your computer is strong enough to handle Procaster without excessive lagging.
  • It would be great if you could stick to this as best as you can. We will rotate people every week, so when your week comes, try to be there! If you can't attend, we understand: just make sure to let us know (Posting in this thread is perfectly acceptable)!
  • By signing up for this, you're agreeing to the fact that you may get some critiquing, and that you can handle it relatively well.
  • Remember: If you have Skype and a microphone (most laptops and netbooks have them built-in), this may be more fun for you...and everyone else, of course! This applies to both this AND PS.
That's all we're asking for as of now!
If you have been accepted (which is very likely), I will send you a PM with the password.
PLEASE be sure to NOT tell this password to anyone else. If the Livestream gets "hijacked" and the like by someone you happened to slip the password out to, you will not be able to host one of these streams and may get a warn here on the forums, depending on the severity. It's more like a case-by-case basis.

Thursday streams will start at 5:00 P.M., and end approximately a few hours later.

What is the Rating of Thursday Streams?
We will try to keep it PG-13, but please be aware that, since we're all just goofy teenagers on the inside, we will sometimes use mild language, and some mature topics may be covered while chatting. If you do not wish to hear any of this, feel free to just mute the LS: if you have any comments or questions, just post them in the LS chat! We'll get back to you via a reply on said chat.

------------------------------------------------

NOTE: ALL TIMES LISTED HERE ARE IN GMT CENTRAL (-6:00).

Schedule for Pocket Spriter 1 (Sunday, November 27, 2011)

4:00 P.M. - 5:00 P.M.: PS Starts; Newbie / Novice Panel. Basically, we'll attempt to go over some basic pixel art techniques, tips and tricks, and etc, such as recoloring (we will brush this lightly, since it is very simple and basic), editing, and the like.
Also, what NOT to do! This is also to perhaps push the ones who don't know much better in the right direction. ^_^
Later in the hour we'll likely "crank the volume up" and get into more intermediate things.

5:00 P.M. - 6:00 P.M.: This will be an overview / analysis of the retro style(s) of the Pokemon games. This week, we will likely start by going over GS style, and RB or Y if there's enough time.
Afterwards, we'll apply this knowledge and one of us will make a custom sprite--whether it be a Fakemon, official Pokemon, human character, fusion, etc.--in said style.

6:00 - 7:00 PM.: Here, we'll focus mainly on Fakemon and their concepting based on certain prompts. Mainly hosted by MM. The prompt is free for suggestion by the viewers during the panel; if you can't pick one, then we'll try to pick one for you!

7:00 P.M. -8:00 P.M.: And in this panel, feel free to show us (via linking us to it in the LS message box) your pixel works that need critiquing, and we'll do a group critique! Basically, this means that one person at a time shows one of their works and everyone gives their feedback on it, whether it's by audio or text!

8:00 P.M. - ???: Last but not least, the free panel. This is self-explanitory, and will pretty much just end when everyone decides to leave.

------------------------------------------------

LS Lead Hosts
-Speed-X
-Medical Meccanica

Thursday LS Hosts
-Speed-X
-Medical Meccanica
-You...?

Thanks for reading, and sorry again. I'll make sure to check out the rest of the forum as soon as I can. ^^;

Back
Top Bottom