• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

ASB Quests

Against my better judgment, I'll ref ILS vs Blastoise.

It should be randomized who commands first, right? I kind of think it'd be fun if the challenger always commands first in the first round.

The challenger always commands first, since they already know what the opposing pokémon is/are.

The challenger always commands first, since they already know what the opposing pokémon is/are.

Do you mean always commands first on the first round, or always commands first in general (that is, always commands first even in later rounds)?

Do Cloud Nine and Air Lock work in the Scorching Savannah and Stormbound Sea?

Here to report that Eifie and Keldeo have triumphed over Charizard and Blaziken. I accidentally opened a battle in the database (here) that will need to be closed, and their rewards will need to be handed out manually.

That said, this means that when Eifie or Keldeo does decide to tackle the Vs. Blaziken or Vs. Charizard quest, we will need to figure out the mechanics of Mega Evolution, and if how it's applied in Quest Battles in particular will be different from how it normally works. I dunno if this will be a discussion or simply a ruling by Negrek or Zhorken, but it'll need to exist somewhere before that battle begins.

And since it's the first unreffed battle on the list, currently, I'm going to take Sandstone-Shadow and sanderidge vs Sceptile and Venusaur (Eifie).

Last edited:
Once mega evolution is settled, Keldeo and I would like to take on Mega Charizard and Mega Blaziken! I will use rounds 6 and 7 of this, and all 8 rounds of this.

Oh, and another thing I actually wanted to bring up. Should the Quest Pokémon start with some accumulated EXP (say, they're assumed to have at least 8 EXP, so they get the corresponding bonus damage)? Treating them as if they're inexperienced kind of seems silly to me.

Sorry about the mega evolution thing. I obviously hoped to have the mechanic worked out before anyone got to that stage, but I'm waiting on some material that was put together earlier on the topic since I think the mod team had a more or less fleshed out implementation ready to go. One way or another there should be discussion on that starting up soon, and then hopefully it won't take too long to work out an implementation that's at least battle-test-ready!

I'll also control Charizard and Blaziken for that battle.

Oh, and another thing I actually wanted to bring up. Should the Quest Pokémon start with some accumulated EXP (say, they're assumed to have at least 8 EXP, so they get the corresponding bonus damage)? Treating them as if they're inexperienced kind of seems silly to me.
That's a good point! I'll add that.

I still have nebulous plans to properly support quest battles in the db, but for now: add them to the db like normal battles when they start so that the challenger trainer's squad is recorded. Put whoever's controlling the quest Pokémon as the second trainer and poke me to fix their squad manually.

(Also, still need to know what the standin trainer and the ref should get as prizes hahah)

Back
Top Bottom