• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

D/P/Pt I feel sorry for Paras/ect all of the sudden...

:( Paras and Parasect are awesome, though. I mean, a crab-mushroom? How much cooler can you get?...and how is it part bug-type, thinking about it?

Dry Skin needs to not exist.

Paras and Parasect are apparently based off of cicadas with fungi slowly seeping their life. So that's where the bug type comes from.

Interesting.....so it isn't part crab? I always thought it was sort of based off of that from the legs.

As for the mushrooms, they also protect the Paras from predators by spreading toxic spores. So they aren't too bad.

Um, why would they do that? It's not as if Paras is even a competitive battler or much of a threat to anything.
xD

Parasect is OHKO'd by fire moves already. So the extra 1.25x on fire damage does not matter. Dry Skin actually HELPS Parasect by giving it Water Absorb + Rain Dish.

Dang, that's bad... I agree, poor Paras. :( But don't fear, Paras can be a strong Pokémon. If you battle with a level 100 Paras against... a... level 50... Charizard, yeah, Charizard... you might have a chance... maybe... if you're lucky...

Oh who am I kidding? Poor Paras!!

Parasect is OHKO'd by fire moves already. So the extra 1.25x on fire damage does not matter. Dry Skin actually HELPS Parasect by giving it Water Absorb + Rain Dish.

Yeah. Let's look on the bright side here. Paras would have an advantage if it was raining and up against a Water type Pokemon like Marril.

The Grass/Bug-typing may be fraught with weaknesses, but it also comes with some key resistances, most noticeably a 4x resistance to Ground. A Life Orb Rock Polish Groudon's Earthquake deals 25.39% maximum, barely a 3HKO even when you factor in Parasect losing HP in the sun. Furthermore, Parasect is 4HKOed by Choice Specs Kyogre's Thunder.

Quote from Smogon.

Wow, I never realized how screwed paras was.

And to think...one of the two pokemon of 1st gen that was capable of beating mewtwo at least....

Back
Top Bottom