• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Game Freak director acknowledges possibility of RSE remakes!

Honestly, I can't really fathom how Nintendo could not make RS remakes. It's a cash cow staring them right in the face.

Honestly, I can't really fathom how Nintendo could not make RS remakes. It's a cash cow staring them right in the face.
Eh, while the third-gen haters are by no means a majority, they're very vocal. As such, there was an impression that the vocality could lead away from the remakes. Not that any of this matters, of course, since that idea just takes an English-speaking approach to the situation; if I recall correctly, Japanese fans generally don't dislike the newer generations.

There were also people stating that there wasn't enough of a technological jump to justify a remake, but just because it's not the significant jump from shitty colorless GBA graphics to mind-blowing DS tech doesn't mean nothing has changed.

I've been against RSE remakes from the start, but I think it was because RSE lacked the good things in IV and V, so I'll try them. Contests yes. Trick house yes. Interesting water routes? Lame water routes again? No. Horrible Geodude sprite? NONONONONO.

It would be good if you coudl CUSTOMIZE your character.
Pokeatholon, YES!
Contests, YES, but when it's separated in cities and not dressing up!
Trick house, YES!

I think they should have the Ferry again, but i think it should be able to visit all the regions, and the sevii isles, and teh battle frontier. Oh, and maybe there can be a plane in the game! =D!

I will happily give my local gamestop $35 IF it is for the 3DS. The Kyogre / Groudon cutscenes could gain so much from a 3D presentation, and so could battles in general. It would be easy to do too because game freak already has 3d models of all the pokemon and most of the attacks. Oh, and imagine what they could potentially do with the trick house with 3d.

One thing I might like to see with 3d is a ground-level 3rd person viewpoint, kind of like in sinnoh's grass gym, except lower and turning when you turn. It would give the game a fresh exploritive feel.

Secret Bases! They should make it not so impossible to get the floor boards.
And they should make a new braille quest thing you go through to get the regi's.

Yes. I also want a remake of the Hoenn region. Except this time, revamp the entire plot, gyms, and pokemon. Or replace Archie and Maxie with Al Gore and his only dialogue should be, "WE HAVE TO CATCH MANBEARPIG." I kind of just want to kick Hoenn down a flight of stair into a pit of hellfire where it can burn for eternity +1.

Also I would use the pokemon in the third gen to power my doomsday device called, "Any other plot but a underlying message of climate change PLEASE" The pokemon would power the machine by running on a wheel therefor generating infinite +1 gigamex volts per quadro-second.

(I learned in calculus that adding makes things bigger. Unfortunately it doesn't work in 'some' areas....)

It would be good if you coudl CUSTOMIZE your character.
Pokeatholon, YES!
Contests, YES, but when it's separated in cities and not dressing up!
Trick house, YES!

I think they should have the Ferry again, but i think it should be able to visit all the regions, and the sevii isles, and teh battle frontier. Oh, and maybe there can be a plane in the game! =D!

...Let's let the hypothetical remake be similar to RS, sweetie. *shot*

Plane? Too much.

Customizing? Meh, as long as they don't go "HAHAHAHAHA U CAN ONLY B A BOY LOL" I don't care.

TO MAKE AN UNECESSARY SUMMARY

let's let the remake be similar enough to RS without revamping it. :/

Something else R/S could have is the Pokeathlon. And the ORIGINAL Battle Frontier. With Spencer and Anabel and Brandon.

They will also probably put the Battle Subway somewhere in a obscure point, just to connect with B/W (Like Hg/Ss with Platinum)

If anything, they're going to put the subway in the Battle Frontier. Or just re-replace it with the battle tower. I HOPE they bring back the battle frontier, anyway.

It should be compatible with the entire DS family as well and not just the 3DS. Also, Wi-Fi compatible Secret Bases are a must.

Gawd I loved R/S. The first games I ever actually played through with any sort of ambition. I had Crystal before but I was only derping with it.

So yes. Remakes. Wifi-compatible Secret bases, yes. Battle Frontier, yes. Pokeathlon isn't something I ever did, so I'm just going to have to default to no. Catching other regions' Pokemon in Hoenn, yes. Just because. The awesome Safari Zone, yes. Trick House 3d, fuck yes. Original contests, without the Super Contests' bullshit (I really hated those), yes. No to Accessories. Those were dumb. I don't know how they'll work the plot, though; these were the first games where the third game had a radically different plot. How are they going to fit Rayquaza in there? Unless they do what they did with Emerald but still make Rayquaza a post-E4 battle...which wouldn't leave much opportunity to battle the version exclusive legendary.

Meh. They'll make it work.

Back
Top Bottom