• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Halloween Scavenger Hunt 2015 [ENDS SATURDAY 21st]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Halloween Scavenger Hunt 2015

Murkrow:

Actions: 2/8
Candy Cornn: 8

I4ivO8C.png

The handle of the Kitchen door is ice cold to the touch. It gives you a bad feeling, but you pull the door open anyway. A heap of snow pours out, covering your shoes... and Victor.

Inside, the Kitchen is a total mess - pots and pans are strewn all over the place, and everything is half-buried in snow. One of the fridges appears to have exploded, and the other is lying on its side, near the wall. In the far corner of the room you spot I liek Scythers and his Wartortle, sitting on the floor shivering.

"What the hell happened in here?" you say as you wipe the snow from Victor.

From here you can return to the Dining Hall. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move?

I go over to examine the toppled fridge. I tug on its handle but it seems to be stuck, making squeaking noises as I apply the force. It could be a faulty hinge or even some kind of spooky ghost-type living in the edge of the door. But no matter, a little lubricant ought to fix it/get it to move away.
I get my handy can of WD-40 out of my utility belt, walk up to the fridge and oil her side entity. That was terrible, I know

I open the fridge and

I examine the fridge.

I liek Scythers:

Actions: 1/8
Candy Cornn: 7

I4ivO8C.png

You tap on the nearest fridge; a smiling Rotom face materializes on the door. Its eyes roll around whimsically before finally settling on you.

"Hey," you say, "do you guys mind if we ride on top of you?"

"Oh my!" The Rotom giggles. "First you tickle me, now you want to ride me... I don't know! What do you think, brother?"

"Quiet now!" the other fridge hisses. "We're supposed to be hidden!"

"Come on, man, you owe me one!" says the first Rotom. "Remember when I set you up with that cute toaster last year?"

Another Rotom face appears on the second fridge, rolling its eyes. "Ugh, don't remind me. Look, it's out of the question. We're staying put."

"Dude, he tickled me!"

"Seriously, lower your goddamn standards."

"I like being tickled."

While they argue, the room is quickly growing colder. You glance behind you; the Froslass is stirring up a freezing blizzard, and Nira and Twilight Princess are cornered. There's not much time...

"... Alright, human," says the first Rotom, "we've decided to help you out. Right, brother?"

The second Rotom grumbles sullenly.

"Eh, he'll come around. Hop on board!"

You climb on top of the first Rotom, and Mr. Turtle mounts the second. Then, at your signal, the four of you charge toward the Froslass. She notices you too late; you crash your fridge into her at full force, knocking her aside, and Mr. Turtle's fridge immediately slams her into the wall and pins her against it. The fridge door flies open and Candy Cornn scatters all over the floor.

"Get off me, you oaf!" the Froslass shrieks, flailing her arms wildly. For a moment, the blizzard calms - this is your chance to escape!

"Let's get out of here!" you yell to Nira. "Now!"

But instead of heading for the door, Nira and Twilight Princess are both scurrying to gather the Candy Cornn strewn about. "Give me one more second!" says Nira.

"What!? There's no time!" You stare at him, incredulous. Behind you, the Froslass is furiously spraying shards of ice in all directions; one of them narrowly misses your head.

"We're going to be rich!" says Nira. "Just keep her trapped for - "

Something explodes behind you, and you are flung off the fridge, hitting the floor with a painful thud. The Froslass cackles as it floats past you, making its way towards Nira...

You try to get back on your feet, but the blizzard is picking up again, showering you with snow and making you lose your balance; you resort to crawling across the floor instead. With a great deal of effort you manage to reach the corner of the Kitchen, where you huddle up and wait for the snowstorm to end.

Minutes later, the wind finally dies and the room goes quiet again. You look around. The Kitchen is complete chaos: there's pots and cooking utensils all over the place, and everything is covered in snow. The Froslass seems to be gone... and Nira too, for that matter. One of the fridges is destroyed, and the other is badly dented. No telling if the Rotom are still inside.

On the other side of the room, Mr. Turtle pops his head out of a pile of snow. Looks like he's okay! And he's holding something in his hand - it's Candy Cornn! He must have managed to snag some before the room froze over.
A1qQvOZ.png

He makes his way over to you, stepping gingerly through the snow, and hands you the eight pieces of Candy Cornn. At least you won't come empty-handed out of this ordeal.

From here you can return to the Dining Hall. You feel like there probably isn't anything else for you to find in this room, but maybe someone else will find something.

Into the dining room, I guess.

Metallica Fanboy:

Candy Cornn: 11

m2a9VI6.png

You hurry back to the Entrance Hall, which is now completely devoid of life. A faint humming noise follows you, and the mansion itself seems to tremble a little, as if shaken by a distant earthquake. Looking out through the windows, you see nothing but darkness - it's as if the entire outside world has vanished. Or perhaps it's the Chateau itself that's disappeared, and you got taken with it.

You watch as a huge chunk of the floor suddenly breaks into pieces, revealing a black void beneath it. Bits of floorboard float away into the nothingness. It seems the Chateau is literally coming apart at the seams now. Indyelle curls up next to you, confused and afraid.

You clutch your writing pad. It feels warm in your hands and buzzes loudly. How pointless it seems now, to have written all this down...

Only one thing left to do.
Travelogue Entry #10
Month 10, Week 5, Day 7, Hour 23

It is just as I suspected all along! This entire mansion is all a fake! Charon was not here, not now and not earlier. The information that they gave me, it was actually an uninformation! And now, while my back was turned, they placed a giant trash bag around it, to make me not escape. Well, I show them! And then, I will come here again with an entire group of officers of the Internation Police, to arrest them all in the name of the law!

Now, you might be asking, who is "they"? And I will tell you: it is that Enfier or whatever that name was (if it was even a true name!), and all of these criminals who call themselves "Hey Let's Bee". Or was it "Yay Yes Bing"? It was something that sounded very similar to "ASB", but not quite. Regardless! I will Endure these lies, as the Fanpie is doing, and bring them all to justice.

I am now stepping into the door. This is the first and all important step away from this lie and into justice in the region of Asbe

Lord of the Fireflies:

Actions: 6/8
Candy Cornn: 1

sdilbMt.png

Having filled your jerk quota for the day, you resolve to be nice to everyone from now on. You and Marlboro enter the Library, which is in complete disarray; most of the shelves have been knocked over and books are scattered all over the place. What an excellent opportunity to do a good deed! ... Right?

From here you can return to the Entrance Hall. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move?

Wow, that library looks... depraved. Give me a Helping Hand while I attempt to clean up the place.

Murkrow:
I go over to examine the toppled fridge. I tug on its handle but it seems to be stuck, making squeaking noises as I apply the force. It could be a faulty hinge or even some kind of spooky ghost-type living in the edge of the door. But no matter, a little lubricant ought to fix it/get it to move away.
I get my handy can of WD-40 out of my utility belt, walk up to the fridge and oil her side entity. That was terrible, I know

I open the fridge and

I examine the fridge.

I4ivO8C.png

With a sense of impending dread, you open the toppled fridge. The inside is empty, and it smells kind of like mildew. There's a gross residue at the very back, which might be ghostly, but it's just as likely to be the leftovers of some leftovers. You try the freezer unit instead, but it's frozen shut - you pull with all your strength, but the frost holds fast. You'll probably need Victor's help with that one, and fast - you feel like you're not long for this place.

From here you can return to the Dining Hall. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move?

-----
I liek Scythers:
Into the dining room, I guess.
Actions: 0/8
Candy Cornn: 15

nImL84L.png

You enter the doorway to the dining room, but upon entering, you notice the gaping hole in the middle of the room, which is convulsing and shattering the debris around it, pulling everything inside. Unearthly wails come from the pit, sticking the hairs up on your neck and tingling your spine. You look at Mr. Turtle, who grips your arm and looks back at you, sternly. You go to take a step back out of the room, but the rug whips out from underneath you and is sucked into the void. You and Mr. Turtle grab hold of the door frame as the floor tiles start to rip off the floor and fly away into the blackness. The wall starts to crack, which startles you and you let go in shock, before you reflexively reach out and grab Mr. Turtle's tail.

Mr. Turtle grits his teeth and clenches his fists on the door frame, which starts to splinter and crack from the weight. You strain to keep hold of Mr. Turtle, but suddenly the doorframe splits, and you and Mr. Turtle drift into the great black chasm, holding a piece of splintered timber. There's a rushing noise in your ears, and you can see the room shooting away from you as you fall into the black, and then no more.

Thanks for playing! In total you found 15 pieces of Candy Cornn. Hold onto those and wait until we announce prizes when the game finishes.

Happy Halloween!

-----
Metallica Fanboy:
Travelogue Entry #10
Month 10, Week 5, Day 7, Hour 23

It is just as I suspected all along! This entire mansion is all a fake! Charon was not here, not now and not earlier. The information that they gave me, it was actually an uninformation! And now, while my back was turned, they placed a giant trash bag around it, to make me not escape. Well, I show them! And then, I will come here again with an entire group of officers of the Internation Police, to arrest them all in the name of the law!

Now, you might be asking, who is "they"? And I will tell you: it is that Enfier or whatever that name was (if it was even a true name!), and all of these criminals who call themselves "Hey Let's Bee". Or was it "Yay Yes Bing"? It was something that sounded very similar to "ASB", but not quite. Regardless! I will Endure these lies, as the Fanpie is doing, and bring them all to justice.

I am now stepping into the door. This is the first and all important step away from this lie and into justice in the region of Asbe
Candy Cornn: 11

m2a9VI6.png

You march to the door, each step feeling less heavy as you go... Indyelle tries to pull you back with her trunk, but your brush her aside - It's time to bring justice to those criminals. Your hand reaches the doorknob, and you try to push it open - but that's hard when you can't seem to get a firm grounding on the floor. The floor keeps slipping away, so you pull the handle instead. The door opens into the black darkness, and you fall through quietly. A few bit of debris fall about, but soon you're adrift in the nothingness, with no idea how far away you are...

You open your eyes. You're in some sunny locale, lying on a beautiful beach as the cool sea laps at your ankles. You sit up, groaning, spitting sand and grit out of your mouth. Your socks are full of sea water, and they squelch uncomfortably as you stand and look around. You're on an island resort, but you can hear pokemon battles taking place. Battle... Resort? It's a battle place, yet also a... resort? You don't get it. How did you get here?

Who are you?

Thanks for playing! In total you found 11 pieces of Candy Cornn. Hold onto those and wait until we announce prizes when the game finishes.

Happy Halloween!

-----
Lord of the Fireflies:
Wow, that library looks... depraved. Give me a Helping Hand while I attempt to clean up the place.
Actions: 5/8

sdilbMt.png

You and Marlboro set about cleaning up the place, and arranging the books back in order. It takes some time, a bit of sweeping, and a bit of determination, but you finally manage to organize the books by Dewey Decimal, which is quite a feat, since the books aren't library books and don't have the decimals written on them. You place the last book on the shelf, and it glows - then all the books glow in turn. A Misdreavus appears through the wall, smiling, and hands you three pieces of Candy Cornn.
A1qQvOZ.png

You seem to have appeased the old librarian. Good job! From here you can return to the Entrance Hall. You feel like there probably isn't anything else for you to find in this room, but maybe someone else will find something.http://forums.dragonflycave.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Lord of the Fireflies:

Actions: 5/8

sdilbMt.png

You and Marlboro set about cleaning up the place, and arranging the books back in order. It takes some time, a bit of sweeping, and a bit of determination, but you finally manage to organize the books by Dewey Decimal, which is quite a feat, since the books aren't library books and don't have the decimals written on them. You place the last book on the shelf, and it glows - then all the books glow in turn. A Misdreavus appears through the wall, smiling, and hands you three pieces of Candy Cornn.
A1qQvOZ.png

You seem to have appeased the old librarian. Good job! From here you can return to the Entrance Hall. You feel like there probably isn't anything else for you to find in this room, but maybe someone else will find something.http://forums.dragonflycave.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Alright then, let's get out!

Murkrow:

I4ivO8C.png

With a sense of impending dread, you open the toppled fridge. The inside is empty, and it smells kind of like mildew. There's a gross residue at the very back, which might be ghostly, but it's just as likely to be the leftovers of some leftovers. You try the freezer unit instead, but it's frozen shut - you pull with all your strength, but the frost holds fast. You'll probably need Victor's help with that one, and fast - you feel like you're not long for this place.

Not many moves I can think of that'd be good at unfreezing a door. I'm all out of tools from that utility belt I apparently had.

Use Scald on the door, hopefully that'll do the trick.

I've been informed by Staff that people are eager to receive their rewards, and we'd better not keep anyone waiting, right? Therefore, the game will be ending on Saturday of this week. Regrettably, this means that anyone who's still playing by then will have to end their run early. But since almost everyone is finished already, it shouldn't be too much of a problem! I and ultraviolet will be doing our best to respond quickly this week. Spoopy! Creppy!

-----

Lord of the Fireflies:
Alright then, let's get out!
Actions: 4/8
Candy Cornn: 4

m2a9VI6.png

You return to the Entrance Hall to find it completely abandoned. A few specks of dust still float in the air, but other than that, the Chateau is eerily still. In some spots the floor has caved in, revealing a dark space underneath. Wasn't the place full of exploring trainers just a minute ago? How long were you in the Library for, anyway?

From here you can go north to the Dining Hall, or go upstairs and go west to the Storage Room, north to the Bedroom Hallway or east to the Library. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move?

-----

Murkrow:
Not many moves I can think of that'd be good at unfreezing a door. I'm all out of tools from that utility belt I apparently had.

Use Scald on the door, hopefully that'll do the trick.

I4ivO8C.png

Victor sprays the fridge with steaming hot water, quickly thawing the door. You pull the freezer open, only to find it empty. How disappointing...

But as the water splashes onto the surrounding floor, the snow melts and reveals something underneath: Candy Cornn, frozen to the floor! You tell Victor to keep going; he hoses down the entire Kitchen with scalding water, clearing away the frost and snow little by little. (You briefly wonder how such a tiny Kabuto could contain so much water, but dismiss it as one of those weird physics things.)

Soon the air is so thick with steam, you can't see more than a few inches in front of you. You start picking up the Candy Cornn littered all over the room.
A1qQvOZ.png

You collect eight pieces of Candy Cornn without any trouble, but as you reach for the ninth, you spot something sticking out of the half-melted snow next to you.

It's a human hand.

You draw back in shock. Suddenly you become aware that Victor has stopped spraying water everywhere - and yet the room seems to get foggier by the second... You turn around and head for the exit, but something grabs you by the ankle and trips you up. Dazed, you claw at the floor as the thing drags you deeper into the room. As you struggle, a painful, freezing sensation envelops you, and your body starts go to numb. The last thing you feel before you drift into unconsciousness is the stinging cold of snow against your face...

Thanks for playing! In total you found 16 pieces of Candy Cornn. Hold onto those and wait until we announce prizes when the game finishes.

Happy Halloween!

Lord of the Fireflies:

Actions: 4/8

m2a9VI6.png

You return to the Entrance Hall to find it completely abandoned. A few specks of dust still float in the air, but other than that, the Chateau is eerily still. In some spots the floor has caved in, revealing a dark space underneath. Wasn't the place full of exploring trainers just a minute ago? How long were you in the Library for, anyway?

From here you can go north to the Dining Hall, or go upstairs and go west to the Storage Room, north to the Bedroom Hallway or east to the Library. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move?

Quick! To the Dining Hall! Since we want to finish this quickly, I hope nobody will mind if we plan out our next step already, even at the cost of two (2!) actions!

It extremely dusty here, isn't it. Well, we'll rack up the good deeds! While I open the windows, send a Tailwind to shake things up! It'll even make us move faster for the remaining actions!

Lord of the Fireflies:
Quick! To the Dining Hall! Since we want to finish this quickly, I hope nobody will mind if we plan out our next step already, even at the cost of two (2!) actions!

It extremely dusty here, isn't it. Well, we'll rack up the good deeds! While I open the windows, send a Tailwind to shake things up! It'll even make us move faster for the remaining actions!

nImL84L.png

You and Marlboro rush out of the Entrance Hall and into the Dining Hall, which is in complete disarray. The place is kind of a mess - there's a big chasm in the centre of the room, where you assume the dining table was, and the remaining furniture is broken and dirty. You and Marlboro decide to clean things up, so you edge your way around the gaping hole in the floor and push open the windows - you expect some kind of a breeze from outside, but it's too dark to see anything and nothing much changes.

Marlboro decides to fix that, and flaps his leaves to quickly generate a pleasant wind current. A few motes of dust lift off of the ground and float out of the window, and some cobwebs start to lift from the walls. It takes a little while, but your patience is rewarded, and soon the Dining Hall looks pretty good, if not for the giant hole in the floor. Suddenly you feel a cold, unpleasant tap on your shoulder. You turn to see ... a butler? But you can see straight through him! He stares at you with grey, pupiless eyes, and you feel your heart beating very fast, knowing you're looking at a dead person...

But then he smiles, and waves a feather duster. He's thanking you for cleaning? The butler reaches behind his back, and then pulls out a dish covered by a fancy, ornate cloche. With a smile, he lifts the cover to give you three pieces of Candy Cornn. Neat!
A1qQvOZ.png

Looks like not being a jerk really pays off! From here you can return to the Entrance Hall, or go west to the Kitchen. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move?http://forums.dragonflycave.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Lord of the Fireflies:

nImL84L.png

You and Marlboro rush out of the Entrance Hall and into the Dining Hall, which is in complete disarray. The place is kind of a mess - there's a big chasm in the centre of the room, where you assume the dining table was, and the remaining furniture is broken and dirty. You and Marlboro decide to clean things up, so you edge your way around the gaping hole in the floor and push open the windows - you expect some kind of a breeze from outside, but it's too dark to see anything and nothing much changes.

Marlboro decides to fix that, and flaps his leaves to quickly generate a pleasant wind current. A few motes of dust lift off of the ground and float out of the window, and some cobwebs start to lift from the walls. It takes a little while, but your patience is rewarded, and soon the Dining Hall looks pretty good, if not for the giant hole in the floor. Suddenly you feel a cold, unpleasant tap on your shoulder. You turn to see ... a butler? But you can see straight through him! He stares at you with grey, pupiless eyes, and you feel your heart beating very fast, knowing you're looking at a dead person...

But then he smiles, and waves a feather duster. He's thanking you for cleaning? The butler reaches behind his back, and then pulls out a dish covered by a fancy, ornate cloche. With a smile, he lifts the cover to give you three pieces of Candy Cornn. Neat!
A1qQvOZ.png

Looks like not being a jerk really pays off! From here you can return to the Entrance Hall, or go west to the Kitchen. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move?http://forums.dragonflycave.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Superb! Let us depart for the kitchen!

Lord of the Fireflies:
Superb! Let us depart for the kitchen!

I4ivO8C.png

To your surprise, the Kitchen is overflowing with snow; you have to wade through it just to get inside. There's kitchenware and bits of destroyed furniture strewn about, and curious trails and footprints suggest a struggle took place here just a while ago. Strange - you never saw anybody leave the room...

Lord of the Fireflies:

I4ivO8C.png

You walk through the Kitchen, searching for treasure, when suddenly the floor breaks apart under your feet and you fall into the hollow space below. To your surprise, you find yourself floating weightlessly in the darkness. Above you, the Chateau is drifting away slowly, leaving you stranded in the void...

Thanks for playing! In total you found 7 pieces of Candy Cornn. Hold onto those and wait until we announce prizes when the game finishes.

Happy Halloween!

-----

The next morning, the Old Chateau was gone without a trace. Over the course of the day, people who had vanished inside the mansion seemed to pop up again in the strangest of places. Some woke up in their beds, thinking it was all just a bad dream; others were found in strangers' homes or stuck in trees, with no recollection of how they got there. All that was left of the night's events was the huge amount of Candy Cornn collected by trainers. ASB Staff were quick to purchase the curious berries and haul them off to the public secret government conspiracy lab. Presumably, Asber's best scientists are hard at work analyzing the berries even as we speak.

So many questions remain unanswered, though. A few people are still missing. Some say they're dead. The trainers who escaped the Chateau alive speak of an endless black void that swallowed the mansion whole... If that's true, then very powerful forces are at work here. Superstitious locals would have you believe it's the Random Number Gods toying with us. Others suspect the involvement of a Legendary Pokémon.

And if you ask me... Well, there are some mysteries we'll just never be able to solve.

-----

Since it is now Saturday everywhere except possibly Alaska and Hawaii, I hereby declare the Halloween Scavenger Hunt of 2015 to be over. Many were lost, but they will not be forgotten! Especially since, for the most part, people didn't die so much as briefly disappear and then show up again. Still, it was all very spoopy.

If you happen to be holding some Candy Cornn, I'm sure ASB Staff will be willing to trade you for it. They'll need it for their research. So head over to the soon-to-be-posted rewards thread, and cash in for science!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom