• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Claudster vs. <Joseph: Night SHADE>

Nine different orders (when the "par" is three) is usually where I draw the "too many stuff" line, unless the set of conditionals is constant throughout the round (e.g. Slash/Protect/Aerial Ace ~ Slash/Protect/Aerial Ace ~ Slash/Protect/Aerial Ace), which would be a set of commands much easier to understand. This, and the fact that it varies with the ref, is probably why you've seen people order nine commands without penalty, and why even I let it slide once in a while.

I don't get your second question, but, if you mean why I used two random commands but only one went through, the other one was stopped by the fact Gracey was attracted, as I'm pretty sure I stated as additional information.

Hm? *Checks* Oh, no, I meant that instead of nine totally seperate attacks, it was three attacks and then a situation added on to each command, like Attack A / Situation ~ Attack B / Situation ~ Attack C / Situation.
Also:
As long as there are no more than three possible moves to perform in any one action, it is not too many conditionals.

Also yay my first ever ASBattle has reached two pages!

Last edited:
I was pretty sure that stuff varied with the ref, but if the official word states otherwise, I suppose I should rewrite the reffing.

Will do it later.

Would it be at all possible for you to replace the images of Gracey with my image of Darke Gracey as you do? If it inconveniences you, then don't, but if you can...?
Gracey_by_N_i_g_h_t__S_H_A_D_E.png

That's [img]http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/064/f/1/Gracey_by_N_i_g_h_t__S_H_A_D_E.png[/img]

Last edited:
Good job Buizel. So start off with another Swift then go with aqua jet and finally end up with a facade. If at any point she tries to put another status effect on you use Protect but never Twice ina row. And Finally if at any point she Protects use eat a grape.

Swift/Protect/Eat a grape~AquaJet/Protect/Eat a grape~Facade/Protect/Eat a grape

*Sigh* Well, the Attraction is going to stop us doing too much, so we should get some healing in.
...Wait! If you feel up to it, try Splash until he's KO'd. If you are not up to flopping around and making your true love laugh his tails off, then Rest, and Chill when you wake up.
Splash / Rest / Chill ~ Splash / Rest / Chill ~ Splash / Rest / Chill

Yay for Splash not being counted as a standard OHKO!
It is not counted as an OHKO under the standard restriction, no. If you are afraid of losing so splash, you should clause it specifically.

I said posted that I was going to remake Round 4. It's taking some time because I'm ill, but it's underway.

Unless you guys insist on having the current Round 4 remain being considered.

Well, I'd prefer Round 4 to be rewitten - it will almost certainly end better for me.
We've just posted our next round commands so that you can put them both up soon.
:D

(Also, you have a new Avatar don't you Metallica Fanboy?)

Last edited:
(Also, you have a new Avatar don't you Metallica Fanboy?)
Yes, I do.

Also, at long last, here is the rewritten Round 4. Including the edited Gracey sprite and, at least as far as I noticed, no misspelling her name.

2 vs 2 singles
DQ: 1 week
Damge cap: 30%
Banned: OHKO moves

Round 4

Claudster (OO)
Currently out: Buizel
Buizel
Male Buizel
Ability: Swift Swim
Health: 79%
Energy: 82%
Status: Attack 1+, Defense 1+. Poisoned (Badly; 1% this round, 2% next). Attracted to Gracey (Moderate).
Condition: Looking everywhere for the source of his poison.
Commands: Toxic ~ Attract ~ Swift

<Joseph: Night SHADE> (OO)
Currently out: Gracey

Female Feebas
Health: 92%
Energy: 65%
Condition: Giggling at her opponent's search.
Commands: Dragonbreath/Chill/Protect ~ Secret Power/Chill/Protect ~ Swift/Chill/Protect

Arena: A vinyard
A small sized vinyrad fenced off. About 20 by 20 meters with rows of grape vines going across from one end to the other. Each person starts across from each other in between the same two rows of grape vines.

you can use an action to eat a grape and restore 2% health.
Arena status: Unchanged.

-----​

The poison boiling in Buizel's veins was about as bad as his state of mind; yet, he had to grin and bear it. In no disposition to think, he chose to merely follow his orders, quietly summoning several chemicals into his mouth and spitting them. Reacting with gases in the air, it formed a foul end product... That suddenly stopped flying, sliding away pointlessly along some sort of invisible, circular barrier. A faint green light marked the poison's trajectory. Having completely failed in this attack, the attacker could only find relief in the fact that his attack went unnoticed.

Now within the foe's sight, Claudster's Pokémon followed ahead to perform the next move. He remembered how he used Bulk Up earlier, so, he chose to rely on that to make the trick work. He turned around, flexing his muscles while pretending to not mean to. It worked just as expected; soon, Gracey was swooning over him.

The order of Swift on both ends would finally bring some long-awaited action... But it seemed like both battlers still had no intention to fight their feelings.

Round 4 – End

Claudster (OO)
Currently out: Buizel
Buizel
Male Buizel
Health: 77%
Energy: 76%
Status: Poisoned (Badly; 2% this round, 3% next). Attracted to Gracey (Light).
Condition: Unsure whether he really should have held back.

<Joseph: Night SHADE> (OO)
Currently out: Gracey

Female Feebas
Health: 92%
Energy: 61%
Condition: Staring dully at Buizel's body.​

Arena status: Unchanged.

Additional notes:
- Gracey was too attracted to move during actions 2 and 3. Similarly, attraction stopped Buizel from attacking at the last action.
- Claudster attacks first next round.

Claudster, would you like to call in an E-Ref? Metallica Fanboy has posted in the Absence Board and said that we can get an E-Ref if we like.

Claudster, would you like to call in an E-Ref? Metallica Fanboy has posted in the Absence Board and said that we can get an E-Ref if we like.
I don't really mind it, but, let's just say people usually go get an e-ref after the commands have already been issued and there is something to ref.

There were the ones you issued earlier, but I thought you guys might have wanted to revise them to reflect anything that came out different at the rewritten fourth round.

I don't really mind it, but, let's just say people usually go get an e-ref after the commands have already been issued and there is something to ref.

...That's what I meant. I intended for Claudster to post his commands and say wether or not he'd like an E-Ref, then I'd post my commands, then I'd trundle off to the E-Ref Outpost.
Though I don't deny I could have worded it better.

(Also, two random things:
One, you have a new usertitle as well, don't you?
And two, I look forward to our illegal gambling match roulette-themed battle! Thank you for accepting!)

Last edited:
If you want to get an E-ref you can so I'll post my commands so you can respond to them and by posting my commands I mean copying my other one.

Swift/Protect/Eat a grape~AquaJet/Protect/Eat a grape~Facade/Protect/Eat a grape

I also will repost my commands. I'll get an e-ref shortly.
*Sigh* Well, the Attraction is going to stop us doing too much, so we should get some healing in.
...Wait! If you feel up to it, try Splash until he's KO'd. If you are not up to flopping around and making your true love laugh his tails off, then Rest, and Chill when you wake up.
Splash / Rest / Chill ~ Splash / Rest / Chill ~ Splash / Rest / Chill

Yay for Splash not being counted as a standard OHKO!

This battle is over on account of <Joseph: Night SHADE>'s being banned. Claudster wins $8 and his Buizel gets 1 EXP; Metallica Fanboy gets $5.

Back
Top Bottom