• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Kam vs. RandomTyphoon

Squirtle learns Mega Kick through TM05 in RBY.

Doesn't make a difference, but hey, just thought you should know.

Not to mention via Move Tutor in Gen. III, which is where I got it from.

Set up an Aqua Ring. If he taunts you, go with Ice Beam instead. Use Fake Out for the second action and Yawn on the third, unless you were taunted. In that case, Rollout.

Aqua Ring/Ice Beam~Fake Out~Yawn/Rollout

Taunt, Sucker Punch (You're fast enough to pull it off before he can), and Dig. Stay under; you'll be fine.

Taunt ~ Sucker Punch ~ Dig (stay under)

Hm. Now that I think of it, both the Pokédexes I checked didn't mention movesets from earlier generations even though I was under the impression they did (well, one of them actually does, but places them in a separate page linked to in a way I don't always notice).

Thankfully, though, confusion rendered it a null point. I suppose I ought to pay more attention to old movesets.

3 v. 3 Single
DQ: 5 days
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned: OHKO moves, anything that would kill a civilian

Round 21

Kam (XXO)
Currently out: Stinky Joe
Stunky
Male Stunky
Ability: Aftermath
Health: 49%
Energy: 37%
Condition: Still bearing a resolve to fight on, although showing signs of damage and tiredness.
Commands: Taunt ~ Sucker Punch ~ Dig (Down)

RandomTyphoon (XOO)
Currently out: Alias
2cfqz54.png

Male Squirtle
Ability: Torrent
Health: 71%
Energy: 92%
Status: Attack 2+, Speed 1+ Special Attack 1+, Special Defense 1+. Confused (Light).
Condition: Lying on the ground.
Commands: Aqua Ring/Ice Beam ~ Fake Out ~ Yawn/Rollout

Arena:
The capital of Beaconia, Mareepolis is a small city most well known for its large bronze Mareep statue in the town square. This battle takes place in the streets within an area 10 meters long, where a crude Pokeball has been drawn in the center of the arena.

For the most part, this is a fairly vanilla place. However, each round, there is a 15% chance that one of the following events will occur on a randomly selected action:

50%: The Beaconian anthem will play, thus causing everyone on the arena to stop battling and stand at attention as the Beaconian flag is paraded through.
15%: The Beaconian second-in-command Aviculor will run through the town, with the Pokemon trailing him badly poisoning all combatants.
25%: The Pyromaniac will run through the town, burning all combatants.
10%: A golden statue belonging to the Q.U.I.R. will have been captured and thrown into the arena. It will fall on a random combatant, causing 5% typeless damage. After this occurs, all battlers will gain an extra $6 after the battle is over.
Arena status: There's a deep hole in the center of the ring, with some sand at the bottom. Wet sand is scattered all over the arena; the floor is soaked just about everywhere. Two holes on the asphalt form a tunnel with a small diameter.

-----​

Alias swore -- literally -- that the didn't have the patience to put up with that opponent of his. There he was, jeering and spewing insults again. What a nutcase. From the orders he could choose from, the Squirtle was far more inclined to the one that involved blasting a ray of ice clear across that bastard's face. Filled with anger, he lowered his body temperature and focused a ball of ice-type energy in front of himself, afterward making a beam of frost erupt from it. The target leapt back to avoid being hit on the head, but still was struck on the leg, leading to an awkward landing.

Right after he got up, Stinky Joe saw that his foe was already on the move again, mounting what seemed to have been intended to be a surprise attack. He quickly struck first, shooting himself at the enemy's belly as he did so many times. While the hostile still managed to muster up a quick blow with the tail while standing up, the surprise factor of the attack was lost.

The Stunky, now with adrenaline in the blood, quickly leapt backward, figuring that he was about to be attacked. He covered a good distance, then began digging through the asphalt with his claws.

The turtle tried to attack before it was too late, spinning in his shell like earlier. Instead of doing so to drill through the ground, though, his intent was to slam at his target. Said target managed to get under the ground in time, though, and the whirling had to end right there.

Alias took a deep breath. He was starting to feel less horribly angered by the opponent... But, on the other hand, missing that last move did prove frustrating.

Round 21 – End

Kam (XXO)
Stunky
Male Stunky
Health: 35%
Energy: 24%
Condition: Too thrilled to pay any mind to his weakened state.

RandomTyphoon (XOO)
2cfqz54.png

Male Squirtle
Health: 61%
Energy: 76%
Status: Attack 2+, Speed 1+ Special Attack 1+, Special Defense 1+.
Condition: Hollering insults down Stinky Joe's tunnel.​

Arena status: There's a deep hole in the center of the ring, with some sand at the bottom. Wet sand is scattered all over the arena; the floor is soaked just about everywhere. Three holes are on the asphalt; two are connected by a tunnel, while the other one simply goes straight down.

Additional notes:
- Both Sucker Punch and Fake Out have Priority 1, meaning that the faster (Stinky Joe) would still move first. While this didn't stop Fake Out from working, it failed to cause flinching.
- Rollout on the third action missed for obvious reasons.
- Kam attacks first next round.

Last edited:
...eh, I'm screwed.

It was fun while it lasted, Typh, but I think it's time to go kablooie.

Dig (up), then go kablam. If something happens that prevents you from exploding, move your actions over.

Dig (up) ~ Dig (up)/Explosion ~ Dig (up)/Explosion

Funny, up until now, I've accidentally had Stinky Joe listed with Kappa's trait.

Fixed at Round 21.

Well, Explosion is a move that can kill a civilian, but since no other move with such quality has been overruled during the fight, I suppose I can lift the ban, as long as both trainers agree to it.

So, any objections?

gee I said "overruled" and "objection" I seriously need to lay off the Ace Attorney

3 v. 3 Single
DQ: 5 days
Damage Cap: 30%

Round 22

Kam (XXO)
Stunky
Male Stunky
Health: 35%
Energy: 24%
Condition: Too thrilled to pay any mind to his weakened state.
Commands: Dig (Up) ~ Explosion/Dig (Up) ~ Explosion/Dig (Up)

RandomTyphoon (XOO)
2cfqz54.png

Male Squirtle
Health: 61%
Condition: Hollering insults down Stinky Joe's tunnel.
Commands: Hide ~ damnit ~ Hide

Arena:
The capital of Beaconia, Mareepolis is a small city most well known for its large bronze Mareep statue in the town square. This battle takes place in the streets within an area 10 meters long, where a crude Pokeball has been drawn in the center of the arena.

For the most part, this is a fairly vanilla place. However, each round, there is a 15% chance that one of the following events will occur on a randomly selected action:

50%: The Beaconian anthem will play, thus causing everyone on the arena to stop battling and stand at attention as the Beaconian flag is paraded through.
15%: The Beaconian second-in-command Aviculor will run through the town, with the Pokemon trailing him badly poisoning all combatants.
25%: The Pyromaniac will run through the town, burning all combatants.
10%: A golden statue belonging to the Q.U.I.R. will have been captured and thrown into the arena. It will fall on a random combatant, causing 5% typeless damage. After this occurs, all battlers will gain an extra $6 after the battle is over.
Arena status: There's a deep hole in the center of the ring, with some sand at the bottom. Wet sand is scattered all over the arena; the floor is soaked just about everywhere. Two holes on the asphalt form a tunnel with a small diameter.

-----​

Kam didn't seem to believe he had much of a chance to win at that point. He decided to employ a suicidal tactic in order to cut his losses.

First of all, Stinky Joe had to get out of that tunnel -- which he did, clawing through dirt, sand and asphalt, all while even getting a lucky strike at his unsuspecting opponent.

The worry in RandomTyphoon's voice made it clear that the next actions were to be carried out fast. Alias immediately jumped for cover in the tunnel his opponent just had finished digging.

The Stunky sighed. He was hoping to at least go down fighting. An explosion seemed badass enough, though. With a leap, he started to glow, as countless gases reacted with each other inside his body. The referee objected on the grounds that this could kill a civilian, but it was too late.

A range of fiery destruction blasted across the battlefield, mercilessly breaking windows all over the street. With the last of his strenght, the carbonized skunk made a run for his trainer, as Metallica Fanboy sprinted toward the opposite side; both of them did so to avoid a a building that hammered down the street, now nigh-unrecognizeable.

Hearing the explosive and heavy sounds coming from above, as well as sirens, Alias wondered what kind of order is "damnit". He discovered that, though, as the ceiling started to collapse. He immediately started to run damnit for an exit as the debris covered the way back. A couple of rocks struck him on the head, but otherwise, he made it outside unharmed.

The ref's Aerodactly allowed himself, the Squirtle and his trainer to fly over the fallen, burning building toward the side Kam was, recalling his defeated Pokémon. As the fire squad arrived, the previously battling ones cleared the area, fearing that police may arrive anytime soon.

The battle ended with the three people involved hiding inside an alley, wet, gritty and shocked. Though troubled at times, it had been a terrific match. Metallica Fanboy told each trainer what sort of prize money they were to expect, and then everyone split up, moving carefully to avoid being arrested for exploding a street.

Round 22 – End

Kam (XXX)
Stunky
Male Stunky
Health: 0%
Energy: 12%
Condition: Carbonized.

RandomTyphoon (XOO)
2cfqz54.png

Male Squirtle
Health: 52%
Condition: Utterly terrified.​

Arena status: There's a massive hole upon the asphalt, with a thick pit of sand at the bottom. A building fell over the street and is on fire. Four holes on the sandbed form two (individual) tunnels; one has had most of the straight section underground covered in debris. Some of the floor is soaked, as well as some of the walls of the buildings. Both big signs saying "GO AWAI COS THERES PPL BATLIN'" have been blown away. Countless windows have been shattered and the floor is dotted with glass shards.

Additional notes:
- Obviously, Stinky Joe KO'd himself at the second action. For equally obvious reasons, his Explosion at the same round missed.
- Falling debris inside the tunnel Alias was hiding in caused 2% damage.

-----

Well, that was a nice battle. Reffing it was a blast, if you know what I mean.

Prizes are as follows:
RandomTyphoon gets $24
Kam gets $9
I get $15
Rehabit gets 2 points of experience
Zero gets 2 points of experience
Shawn gets 2 points of experience
Alias gets 2 points of experience
Kappa gets 1 point of experience
Stinky Joe gets 1 point of experience

And that's all, if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited: