• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Idea Center

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, hey guys! I just realized that I have two big essays to do, and clearly not enough RPs to waste time with!

So, who would be interested in helping me revive the Dreams of the Past? I'd like a co-DM, as well.

For the uninitiated:

Pokemon, trained to be the best fighters of all and evolved so that they are truly terrors in battle. Those same Pokemon, held in specialized sleep-chambers to ensure that the next Champion of any region would have the honour of having them as his team. Around them, the world collapses, as ambitious humans squabble.

Some influential people want the world for themselves, and don't wish to share with restless trainers. Pokemon training is a waste of money, of resources. The Pokemon League is forgotten, the Elite Four in disgrace, and no Champions come forth. Mechanical weapons are created, and destruction reigns as trainers and Pokemon are hunted down by those who'd rather live without a reminder that so much money goes into supporting trainers who give nothing in return. Until, at last, the turmoil ceases, leaving the regions relying on Pokemon for simpler tasks: rebuilding the gyms and cities that were in the conflict, hunting for food, and finding suitable places to expand settlements. A chance dig near Union Cave in the Johto region reveals a strange set of rooms. Curiosity is what drives the ones doing the dig to discover the sleeping Pokemon, but most of the world wouldn't be too thrilled to have them awakened.

Okay, so there are three 'sides' so to speak. The sleeping Pokemon (which obviously have to be Pokemon), the members of the dig (human or Pokemon) and the remnants (humans, and are against the idea of Pokemon and humans working together. These guys can simply not like change, or have a phobia of Pokemon, or something completely different. As long as they're not happy). Sound simple? There will be fights, which will be in ASB-style, and Pokemon and humans can communicate, to make things easier. The RP will start when we have around two members on each 'side', though people will still be able to join.

Now, about the setting. Most cities are crumbling ruins at the moment. The level of technology isn't any different from when Pokemon training was popular, except for the inclusion of devices, usually nets, that steal the energy of a target. They then store the energy in a small cylinder, which you can detach and plug into whatever needs power at the moment. Pokemon cooperate with humans when it suits them, but they are no longer pets or partners.

The dig is not widely known about - a sponsor might find out about its results quickly, but otherwise, there won't be many who realize what the dig has unearthed other than the dig members themselves. Important plot points, such as the involvement of a certain group of powerful Pokemon *coughcough* will be controlled by DMs for the most part, but you can volunteer subplots if you wish.[/randominfodump]

...That is not copypasta. Not at all. You have no proof!

YOU GUYS. Anybody here play Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion? If you haven't, you should.

ANYWAY, I thought it would be cool to base an RP off of one aspect of that game. The Dark Brotherhood.

In short, the Dark Brotherhood is a group of assassins in the service of the Dread Lord(God) Sithis, and his wife, the Night Mother. They live to kill, and to kill for those who have prayed to the Night Mother. They arrange contracts, eliminate the targets, then recieve their pay, waiting for the day when Sithis descends to the mortal world, destroying all... Except his loyal children of the Brotherhood.

Still working on a plot and all that. Anybody at all want to help me out? (I can provide in-depth explanations of the brotherhood if necessary.)

I've never played Morrowind, but I HAVE heard good things. You're more than welcome to port one of them peoples (If I find a plot and get the RP up. Suggestions are muchly appreciated.)

Plot... Well... How? Oblivion and Morrowind, as you've probably found out, are ridiculously open-ended. The point is that you can do whatever you want at whatever pace you please.

Uhh... Where to begin... Something that can keep things on track, but maintain some Elder Scrolls flavor.

I've always been thinking about doing a RP about pokemon caming to earth...
like pokeballs fell from the sky or something like that...

I'm just wondering, would anyone be interested in an RP based on the movie "How to Train your Dragon"? And would anyone be interested in helping me run such an RP? I have a few ideas, but it's still in the early planning stages, so I'd like to gauge interest.

I'm just wondering, would anyone be interested in an RP based on the movie "How to Train your Dragon"? And would anyone be interested in helping me run such an RP? I have a few ideas, but it's still in the early planning stages, so I'd like to gauge interest.

I'd be willing to help out.

This thread has gotten pretty lengthy, so it's probably for the best if it gets locked. Feel free to restart it; additionally, if there are any ideas in here you thought were particularly interesting, I'd suggest finding them now and consolidating them into just a few posts in the new version so you can reference them without having to load this large thread all the time. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom