• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Your favorite Game Corner?

What's your favorite Game Corner?

• Total voters
I don't really pay much attention to the Game Corners unless I'm trying to get a certain TM. So I don't really remember much about them. I guess Celadon is my favorite because it's the only one I pay attention to.

This reminds me of a rant from Slowflake...

Slowflake said:
I don't think it's a secret to anybody: the Game Corner's game variety is as deep as a dried puddle. Especially in D/P. I mean, I suppose only having the slots was acceptable in RBY, since it was Pokémon's first outing and it was a very minor part of the game. GSC introduced that kickass card game, and RSE the roulette (why they couldn't have both in RSE I'll never know). However, in FRLG it was back to the slot machines and nothing else. Yes, I understand they were going for a much more perfect recreation of the original, unlike, say, Metroid Zero Mission, but they pushed it way too far. Golbat and Seadra mysteriously prevented from evolving before you get the National Dex? What the fuck? The back-to-basics Game Corner was another side effect of that ridiculous objective.

But with D/P, the Game Corner was going to be an exciting experience again, with enough games to go around... oh wait. Still NOTHING BUT THE SLOTS. I mean, that's enough slots already. Only one game in the Game Corner after we've seen some variety in previous generations is just pathetic. Even worse: consider the fact that they were only able to come up with three different games in ten years. Yes, I know, the Game Corner is a minor part of the game, but I'd like to have variety after all these years. Is that too much to ask? I mean, they could've at least implemented the roulette and card game, if nothing else. Who among you actually get the coins through the slots instead of beating the old people on route 212 or doing E4 runs to gain the money to buy those TMs? I most certainly don't (at least not anymore), and I won't as long as the Game Corner doesn't manage to catch my eye with something interesting.

Celadon/Goldenrod equally. Hate these new ones where you can't buy Pokemon... It'd be so much easier if you could SR for some things.

I found the Celadon Game Corner neat for some reason; I suppose the whole "secret" Team Rocket basement thing was pretty interesting. I liked the Goldenrod Game Corner too, but I guess I just found the prizes you could get really useful, and I liked the music there a lot. :3 So I suppose those two are my favourites.

Back
Top Bottom