• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

ASB Hack Discussion

Negrek

busy dizzy lazy
Staff member
ASB Hack Discussion

So, finally, the hack I've been working on for almost a year and a half is actually released and, while still pretty rickety, at least mostly functional. Everyone whose profile was posted in the Data Collection Thread or given to me by other means should now find themselves in the system--you'll have an "ASB Control Panel" link in the navigation link list at the bottom of every page and an "ASB" tab on your user profile.

The first thing you should do is check that your pokémon, including those from Unova vouchers, are there, and that their information is correct, with ONE GLARING EXCEPTION: because I am the best programmer ever, I managed to delete all of the signature attributes when I was almost done putting them in (80 of them) and haven't quite gotten up the nerve to go back and re-enter them all. There are a couple lucky people who have all their sig attributes because they came after that event, but other than that, they're all missing. Therefore, DO NOT POST ABOUT HOW YOUR SIG ATTRIBUTES ARE MISSING. I know. And when I get done crying/have time to fix it, I will get them in there for you.

However, all your move mods should be in there. Please check to make sure that they are, and that the information on them is correct. Also, the current display for move mods has some terrible aspects (doubling percent signs, "NULL" showing up for fields that were left blank). I know about these and will fix them eventually. Right now I'm just concerned that everybody's actual data got in there okay.

Also, your happiness points might be displaying improperly. Your pokémon probably has them, even if the team manager is displaying them as 0, but you can ask me to check if you're unsure (I can see the real value).

After you make sure your pokémon and items are safe, you can mess around a bit with the rest of the hack. It's not terribly exciting--you can buy pokémon and items, move items around, deposit and withdraw stuff from your PC, and so on. Please let me know if you see any formatting that seems funky, you get any strange error messages, there are broken images: anything that looks like it isn't functioning properly.

You can also use this thread to give feedback. What do you think should be added to the hack? What is ugly? What otherwise could be improved. Bear in mind that it might take me a really long time to get to your feature request or whatever; I have my own priorities, the first of which is making sure that things generally work, are at least somewhat useful, and don't tank the forums in the process.

Here is my current list of priorities:

- Backend stuff that I need but you can't see
- Some kind of rudimentary pokémon customization
- Battle integration
- Black Market/Gift integration

With random fixes and minor tweaks along the way.

So first off, this is simply incredible. Absolutely worth the extended wait. Sorry to hear about the issues you had, but this is all above and beyond.
Everything seems to be working on my end, sans the mentioned missing body mods of course - bought a Bachuru to give it a shot and moved my party around, and it seems flawless. The only question I have is on forms - IE Rotom and Wormadam - will there be integration soon, or was that an oversight? I noticed mine is showing up as grass form, though it's trash.

Also - moreso a personal blunder, but how can I go about claiming gift vouchers? I have four back from the holiday exchange that weren't put into my profile. I'm fairly sure they were meant to go into my Isshu Expedition post of course, but whatever I was thinking back then didn't make that connection.

Nice to see this finally up and running :3 Thanks, Negrek!

One problem, though:

You've withdrawn too many pokémon. Your active squad cannot exceed %1$s pokémon.
it swore at me :'c

(Also can I just make sure my Riolu has 4 happiness points because I'm paranoid)

EDIT: also upon successfully withdrawing the right number of Pokémon, the second row of my active squad seems to be shunted two spaces to the right for some reason.

EDIT 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO: it then fixed itself when I deposited my Skelitten.

Last edited:
I have a Horsea for some reason.

I did buy one, but it was intended as a gift for moon-panther's birthday and I recall giving it away in time.

My battle record is lying to me. It says I never finished any battles, when I drew in this one vs. Blastoise.

Also, just so I'm clear: you still give out pay for individual rounds weekly, but then at the end of a battle, I need to post in the PRO for that money, correct? Wait no I just looked in the Ref HQ, all's clear now.

The only question I have is on forms - IE Rotom and Wormadam - will there be integration soon, or was that an oversight? I noticed mine is showing up as grass form, though it's trash.

Forms have no meaning in the profile, if I recall what Negrek said in the testing thread. You just state what you're using when you send it out.

:o How do you get one of these???

...get one of what? If you just mean an account, I'm pretty sure a look through the updated rules threads, etc. should explain all of that pretty clearly.

My battle record is lying to me. It says I never finished any battles, when I drew in this one vs. Blastoise.

I think that's covered by this:

Here is my current list of priorities:
- Battle integration

Last edited:
...yes they did? I distinctly remember entering them in your profile-data-collection post, and I can see them in your PC.

Additionally, Negrek, may I have a happiness check for my eevee, Tenebrae? He should have 2 happiness.

It looks like Negrek missed that one, then—in that case, just do whatever she tells Dwagie to do about her missed vouchers.

I know you said that body mods were gunna take a bit to come back, but my Persian appears to be missing his signature move as well. :c

This is really cool though. O: I bought a Cottonee to test stuff out, I like how fast this is. I forsee my being poor again though, since there are no more pokemon approvers xD I better get reffing.

For some reason I've been given the ability to evolve my Luvdisc (which is secretly an Arceus, shhhhhhh).

Why?

I would just like to state that this hack is awesome. I would complain about how it says I havent finished any battles, but that's already been adressed.

Also, will there be in the future something that states what rank ref you are and what battles you're reffing?

Um hello, everything is amazing (except for the sig attributes but ill wait).

I just wanted to know if it will be possible to change or pokémon's normal sprite for custome sprites. Also, when we evolve pokémon, do they keep their sig moves /attributes (because i plan on modifying those...)?

Back
Top Bottom