• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

blazheirio889 vs. Grass King

2 vs 2 single
DQ Time: 7 days
Damage Cap: 45%.
Banned moves: OHKOs, Earthquake, anything that might even partially destroy the arena, 1 direct healing/Pokemon, 3 chills/Pokemon
Arena: Evolution Stone Cave

Our battle today takes place in the most sparkly, shiny, impossible place ever; the Evolution Stone Cave. The cave is pretty big, with enough space to comfortably fit a Wailord, and with a ring of deep water surrounding the arena. No Wailords are allowed, however. The thing that gets everyone about here though, is the millions and billions of bits of shiny evolution stones embedded in the ground, ceiling and walls. Though these bits are pretty small, if you took a piece out it wouldn't count as an evolution stone so don't try that. Also scattered around the cave are gems, all shining and glittering in some unknown source of light.

The pure power of the evolution stones is pretty concentrated here. Every round, the Pokemon have a 95% chance of changing types; from whatever type they are to either Fire, Water, Electric, Grass, Rock, Dark, Ice, Psychic or Ghost. All abilities of the Pokemon remain the same, ghosts can still phase or turn invisible, flying types can still fly. All effects dispel after the end of the round.

Team Blazhy
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Litwick
Chir Batti – female
<Flash Fire>
Stats: (-1|±0|+1|±0)
Held Item: none
Health: 29%
Energy: 7%
Status: "Uh...?" Somewhat relaxed. (+4 defense, +2 special attack, +2 special defense | Flash Fire activated | Paralyzed mild: speed is ¾, 10% chance of full paralysis if movement | Badly Poisoned: 2% this round, 3% next)
Chills: 3/3

Team King
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Kecleon
Espionage – female
<Flash Fire>
Stats: (+1|-1|-2|+2)
Held Item: Blackglasses
Health: 35%
Energy: 11%
Status: "Wha...?” A bit sleepy. (+4 defense, +2 special attack, +2 special defense | Grass-typed | Flash Fire activated)

Round XVI Begin

This time, the walls of the cave remained dark and silent; as if they knew what was coming. Perhaps they wanted to offer respecting silence for the events that were to come, or simply knew that trying to interfere more would just be a waste of time and energy. Espionage began to grow alarmed at the cave’s motionlessness (even the water below was still; flat as a mirror) – she felt something was wrong. Chir Batti, on the other hand, was serene and accepting. She followed her trainer’s train of thoughts, and came to the conclusion that it was the best thing to do now. Struggling more would only cause useless pain for both of the battlers.

The Litwick began the ancient chant in a low tone, so low that at first it was barely a vibration. Her flame turned pitch black in an instant and her cry distorted, raging in Espionage’s ears like a ghostly drill. Her body was cooling down furiously; her skin was now covered by a thin crust of ice. The room was suddenly plunged in darkness – the walls had been switched off. Memento’s tight grasp around the Kecleon’s body was getting firmer, and chills were running along her spine. Cackling, echoing laughs were heard from a seemingly far away place. She felt her strength abandoning her slowly, leeched away by the curse. When she thought she couldn’t bear it anymore, the force left her, cold and scared, and the voices shut up.

The walls came to life again, shining brightly as before. Chir Batti was still standing a few feet away, but her eyes well close and what had been a vived purple flame was now the burnt tip of an extinguished candle.

Round XVI End

Team Blazhy
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg

Litwick
Chir Batti – female
<Flash Fire>
Stats: (-1|±0|+1|±0)
Held Item: none
Health: 0%
Energy: 0%
Chills: 3/3

Team King
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Kecleon
Espionage – female
<Flash Fire>
Stats: (+1|-1|-2|+2)
Held Item: Blackglasses
Health: 35%
Energy: 11%
Status: "…” Cold and about to puke. Also quite confused. (-6 attack, +4 defense, -6 special attack, +2 special defense | Grass-typed | Flash Fire activated)

Damage and Energy Calculations

Memento – 4% energy

Notes:

- Not much; Memento did its job.

Arena Notes:

- Some walls are scorched black by the Overheat.
- Chunks of rocks are missing on the walls from the substitutes.
- Several shadows are missing where there should be some (okay I know it’s physically impossible but stfu this is Pokémon).
- There are several chunks of ice clinging to the walls.

End of battle

A red laser beam shot from Blazhy’s metallic belly and caught Chir Batti, and the Litwick disappeared in crimson light. The mechanical dragon lowered her head in serene acceptance. Grass King, grinning wide, rushed to the middle of the battlefield and gave a genuine brofist to Espionage, but the creature barely had the force to raise her arm. Soon, the Kecleon was regaining the soft comfort of the Poké Ball (still don’t know what the hell is in there. Internet?).

The battles shook hands / toes and headed back to the submarine, Grass King jogging happily with his well-earned victory, and Blazhy overbursting with joy at the simple idea of getting the League’s first Volcarona.

Prizes:

Grass King is the winner and gets 16$!
HaunterEctoplasm the Haunter gets 1 exp. point!
KecleonEspionage the Kecleon gets 3 exp. points!

Blazherio889 lost but still gets 6$ (holly-molly!)

LarvestaChimera the Larvesta gets 3 exp. points!
LitwickChir Batti the Litwick gets 1 exp. point!

I’m reffed this till the end, so I get 10$! Yippee!​

End of Battle notes:

- Well that was entertaining. Smell ya!

Last edited:
Good battle, Grass King! I think I lost the moment I sent out a 1/3 stager against a fully-evolved, haha. Well this means we've won and lost against each other once; maybe we'll meet up in the 2009 tourney to settle things!

Also LotF shaking toes with me is dangerous, I wouldn't recommend it.

Back
Top Bottom