• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

TCoD Wi-Fi League: News and Updates (NEW as of 06/26/10)

Phoenixsong

beep beep coming through
Pronoun
she/they/any
Okay. All of the important threads are back up after the forum crash, and so things should be able to resume as before. A few important notes:

First of all, if you were already registered before then yes, you do have to re-register. It's not an issue of not trusting you were registered before; it's that we'd need your IDs on record again. You won't have to start over, however; just make sure that we know about any name changes and anything. If I have any reason to suspect dishonesty, though, then you'll get in trouble. The current badge records are up there, so I know who earned badges already.

As soon as I'm done with this post I will unlock the registration thread and you can re-register.

Second, the rules have been updated a little bit. Please be sure to go read them! Most importantly, it is no longer necessary to register in order to use the battle tower (haha yeah right who ever actually used that) or the GTS. It was just too much hassle to have to deal with, and since we're not keeping track of anything having to have an ID if that's all you intend to do seemed superfluous. You DO still have to register to participate in official league tournaments, battle gym leaders and anything else!

Third, Chrome League gym leaders can begin putting their threads back, although you'll have to add the [Tier #] part to the title yourself as it appears I can't create thread prefixes anymore. If you don't have an up-to-date record of your thread then I can try and find a copy for you; post here or PM me if you need that. As soon as your thread is up again you can resume taking challenges. If your thread is not up in the next two weeks (barring any exceptions I happen to know about already or any exceptions you bring up with me) then you forfeit your gym leader status and will be replaced, so get on top of that!

Crystal League leaders, you have already been decided and I am NOT restarting the tournament. I'd rather finish up the entire tournament before getting everything underway, but you will be contacted about how to proceed soon. In the meantime, I will be setting up a thread. If you participated in the Crystal League tournament, please post in that thread and check in so I can keep up with name changes, etc. The results of the final prize round will also be reported there.

Sorry for any inconvenience, but hopefully things should be able to pick up again and get back to normal. Any questions or if you think I've forgotten something, post here. Thanks.

Last edited:
Re: TCoD Wi-Fi League: News and Updates (NEW as of 07/20/08)

Okay. I apologize for the delays in getting around to various things around here, but I have been distracted/busy/unable to recover certain things and so that's why it's taken a while. Everything will be worked out as soon as I'm done posting this, so hang in there.

First of all, the gym leader situation. At least two of my Chrome leaders have officially forfeited their spots due to absence now, as have at least two of my Crystal leaders. This means that I'm more or less down to six Chrome leaders and six Crystal leaders, and a minimum of eight (I prefer nine, but eight is the lowest we're going with) are needed for each league. This means that I'm going to need other people to take up the slack. I may have to do a little myself and I was really hoping I wouldn't have to, but we'll see what happens.

I'm not going to go through the headache of holding another tournament just to replace 5-7 people, so what this means is that I will ask existing gym leaders if they'd like to hold another position in the other league. I already have several people in mind I want to ask about this, so please don't ask me if you can have a position. If the people I ask are not interested then and only then will I open the opportunity up to the rest of the leaders. If that doesn't work, well, then, we'll see. Again, please don't ask me if you can have a second job. I'll call you, not the other way around.

Existing Crystal league gym leaders, I know I told you I'd have the rules and required information out to you long before now and I'm sorry about that, but, again, I've been preoccupied and I couldn't find what I'd sent to the Chrome leaders before. I'll write up a new version and get it out to you ASAP, I promise. Note that if you don't receive a PM from me about your position then you are NOT an official gym leader, even if you won a spot in the tournament. I gave all of the people who placed an opportunity to check in and claim their spots; if you missed that chance then it is entirely your fault. This means that if you don't get the PM from me you can't ask me for a position in the Chrome league, either. (Not that anyone should be asking at all at this time.)

If you earned a badge from a leader that is being replaced your badge is still valid and you don't have to earn it again, so don't worry. The only exceptions to this rule are axed gym leaders; if you lost your job, you obviously don't have your own badge any longer and will need to re-earn it from whoever I've chosen to replace you.

I believe that's everything for now, so if the pending gym leaders will just hang tight for another few minutes (and if a few of my already existing leaders will wait for a few things I need to discuss with them too) I'd appreciate it and we can get this place going again. If you have any questions then ask them here (unless that question is "I want to be a replacement gym leader can I please?", in which case shut up :p).

Last edited:

Once my mother approves of Wi-Fi(she thinks people can cuss in there:she is so over protective!)I have Diamond,so I can be a gym leader!

I just said no one was allowed to ask me at this point, Mewtwo. Read more carefully, please. :/

(goes and reads)Oh,i never read the whole things >.>

That's not going to get you very far around here.

I don't think that'll get you very far anywhere, Mewtwo. ;)

Lalala, update. Ahem.

First of all, the Crystal League is now officially open. It... kind of opened a few days ago, actually, but I sort of forgot to say something about it so! Situation rectified. Go earn badges.

Second, at some point in the near future I would like to get started on the "events" you may have seen me mention. A thread with general information about the basics of how events work will be put up in due time, but the gist of it is that events are special... competitions of sorts that league members can participate in. They're not necessarily tournaments (one or two might be, dunno) in that you won't be in direct competition with other members for the prize(s); rather, you will be presented with various battle "challenges", if you will--and maybe some challenges that don't involve battling!--that you'll need to complete, and the prizes might go to everyone who successfully completes the event (in the case of a small prize) or just the first few people to complete it (in the case of a more impressive prize). Either way, they should be funtiems.

I mention this now, before everything is ready, because these are going to be rather difficult for me to pull off by myself. I'm going to need a few other people to be opponents in the challenges, for example, and people to provide prizes in case I can't get a hold of whatever I'd like to offer. (Alternative prizes will be available for people who offer prizes for an event they'd like to participate in, because it would be lame for you to win your own stuff back.) Obviously you can't make any final decisions about this sort of thing without knowing exactly which events will be when and what they'll entail--one event might require you to, say, battle participants with a team of six Psychic-type ubers or whatever, and if ubers and/or Psychic-types aren't your thing then you probably wouldn't want to apply too hastily. But if the general idea of helping out behind the scenes with events appeals to you, or if you have some spare shiny, rare or high-IV'd Pokémon on hand (or are willing to get/breed some) that you wouldn't mind donating, drop me a PM just so I can keep you in mind.

Anyone with suggestions for events is also welcome to PM them to me, although given that I haven't written up the general guidelines for how events will be handled your idea might not work in the end. Keep that in mind.

Re: TCoD Wi-Fi League: News and Updates (NEW as of 08/19/08)

At long last I've finally revamped and rewritten most of the important threads. Be sure to read the new rules thread; while not much has changed, everything should be a little clearer and more concise. Additionally, you'll want to make sure that you're up to date on everything. There's also a new battle tower thread, and the absence thread has been deleted because it wasn't really necessary. Gym leaders are really the only people who needed it, and they already have their gym threads for that.

One of the biggest changes is that registration is no longer required for anything. Quite frankly it was a stupid idea and was only creating more hassle and layers of micromanagement for everyone. There is a brand-new records office thread, but this time it's entirely optional. If you think it'd be convenient to have a central location for keeping track of your friend codes and whatever else you figure might be relevant, go ahead and use it; if not, feel free to ignore it.

The gym system will be undergoing a complete restart. This means that most of the leader positions in both the Chrome and Crystal leagues will need to be refilled, that all current gym threads have been closed, and that any badges you may have earned in the previous incarnation of the league are now gone; you will have to re-earn the equivalents when new leaders are chosen.

As for when those new leaders will be chosen... well, hopefully we can get started on that soon. I hope to have the instructions for new gym leader tournaments up within the next few days. Until then, just be patient, please. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom