• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[OR/AS] ORAS Progress

I always heard chaining does nothing for shiny encounter rate with DexNav and the Pokemon it turns up just have a higher shininess rate from the get-go.

I was kind of wondering where they got the weird 1/200 after 40 encounters numbers from but apparently that's from XY? I never played XY so I have no idea.

I've beaten three kinds of contests up to Master Rank, all with a Latias all the way from my old Emerald. She's been collecting ribbons in all the games so this one's gonna be pretty good for her.

DID ANYONE FUCKING NOTICE THAT

ALL THE LEGENDARIES HAVE THEIR ORIGINAL BATTLE THEMES
SO LIKE, THE LEGENDARY JOHTO BEASTS HAVE THEIR GSC BLEEPY BLOOPY 8-BIT BATTLE THEME

SO LIKE, THE LEGENDARY JOHTO BEASTS HAVE THEIR GSC BLEEPY BLOOPY 8-BIT BATTLE THEME

I'm actually disappointed they didn't take the ones from hgss, because those are just better-done in my opinion. And more personalized.

Yep. It was awesome to do Ho-oh in the original awesome HGSS track.

People have even been theorizing that it's because you're capturing them out of their actual games of origin, across spacetime, via those weird holes.

Yep. It was awesome to do Ho-oh in the original awesome HGSS track.

People have even been theorizing that it's because you're capturing them out of their actual games of origin, across spacetime, via those weird holes.

I just imagined Dawn getting ready to catch Dialga and save the world then suddenly it poofs away.

omg I didn't know if it had been redone or any of that because it's been so long since I played BW and DP that I didn't know if the legendary themes were the original ones or not... omg I can't wait for bleep bloop omg ;; I always loved that theme so much

Amusingly, the AI doesn't seem to know about Desolate Land. I just trolled Glacia's lv. 70-something Walrein so hard with my lv. 45 Primal Groudon. It spammed Surf the entire time while I just chipped away at it with Lava Plume (and never even managed to cause a burn despite using it like a dozen times).

Accepted a random battle request over PSS, mistakenly entered with three Pokémon instead of six, and still would have won if I hadn't let the other guy set up his freaking invincible Clefable and stall my last two guys to death. At least I can take some solace in the fact that I was very nearly a mild badass.

Aside from that I've basically just been topping up the Pokedex. I'm growing increasingly tempted to make AS my first completely full Pokedex, completely disregarding the scope of this task and my inherent lack of motivation.

Aside from that I've basically just been topping up the Pokedex. I'm growing increasingly tempted to make AS my first completely full Pokedex, completely disregarding the scope of this task and my inherent lack of motivation.

It's easier now than it's ever been.

Accepted a random battle request over PSS, mistakenly entered with three Pokémon instead of six, and still would have won if I hadn't let the other guy set up his freaking invincible Clefable and stall my last two guys to death. At least I can take some solace in the fact that I was very nearly a mild badass.

I'm about halfway done with mine! And I'm absolutely refusing to trade, except for the purpose of trade evolutions and version exclusives/one-offs.

Just finished the delta episode a day ago. I really enjoyed the remake, even more than I thought I would. Groudon is awesome and R/S/E always had the best contests.

Sceptile (Hunter) [M] Level 77
Gallade (Reo) [M] Level 72
Manectric (Christy) [F] Level 70
Armaldo (Cian) [M] Level 71
Crobat (Bruce) [M] Level 76
Golduck (Adler) [M] Level 72

So, that was the team I beat the game with. I used a few Pokémon I'd never used before, like Golduck, Armaldo and Manectric, which was pretty fun.

The cut-scenes for the legendary Pokémon was great, and you got to ride on Groudon and Rayquaza's back to save the day, which was cute. Also! Deoxys' entrance was pretty neat, those tentacles emerging from behind the triangle actually creeped me out a bit.

I'm basically just concentrating on contests now and trading some Pokémon from Y through the GTS.

It's easier now than it's ever been.

Yeah, the GTS has made it super easy, even with legendaries. You can basically just chain-trade legendary pokes and get them all in your dex. People don't seem to care about nicknames either, 'cause I traded a Latios with a dumb all caps nickname for a multi-scale Lugia.

I am currently soft-resetting for a good Latios, after I did the same for Suicune a couple of days ago.

Also, since there seemed to be a large amount of passerby randomly starting trades with me, I fixed up sets of pokémon nicknamed to say "What do you want?", "I don't have that", and "I don't want that" in five different languages. I have too much time on my hands and I should really be doing more vivillon-searching.

I am currently soft-resetting for a good Latios, after I did the same for Suicune a couple of days ago.

Also, since there seemed to be a large amount of passerby randomly starting trades with me, I fixed up sets of pokémon nicknamed to say "What do you want?", "I don't have that", and "I don't want that" in five different languages. I have too much time on my hands and I should really be doing more vivillon-searching.

Have you checked the serebii forums? There's a large enough Vivillon variety there that it's really easy to get what you need over there. I used them to complete my collection.

Finally was able to get Alpha Sapphire yesterday, and as of this post I have just beaten Steven. My Championship team is:

Glalie [M] Level 46
Latias [F] Level 47
Sceptile (Treko Malfoy) [M] Level 50
Metagross [X] Level 53
Vivillon [F] Level 54 {Modern Pattern}
Charizard [M] Level 55

Aside from Metagross and Sceptile, the team I beat Steven with was not the one I expected to have going into this. Steven did scare me a few times, but we pulled through. Onwards to the Post-Game funsies and then Dex Completion!

Obtained an Eon Ticket Today! I'm gonna really use this Soul Dew in any way I possibly can in-game.

Beat Winona earlier today, now going on a hunt for a Meditite for my team!
Current Team:
  1. Nicky (Zangoose) Lv. 32
  2. Nolan (Swellow) Lv. 33
  3. Aiden (Marshtomp) Lv. 33
  4. Margaux (Delcatty) Lv. 34
  5. April (Shiftry) Lv. 36
(my theme for the names is various TV shows that I love: Parks and Recreation, Reven8e, Orange is the New Black. Reven8e has been the most predominant in naming.)

Back
Top Bottom