• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Realistic Pokémafia IV [game]

Re: Realistic Pokémafia IV [game]

The next morning, not everyone was there, unfortunately.

Everyone was awoken by an intense and sudden fire, and the high-pitched screams of Mawile. And though everyone immediately came to the rescue, and Dragonite tried to blow the fire away while Miltank tried to throw sand on it, it was far too late. The Ditto was splattered along the walls of the den it had been occupying, crackling with electricity and releasing a terrible burned odor. Whatever it was that had knocked out this pokémon, it was definitely pretty powerful. The remaining pokémon looked warily at each other. Would their comrade's death be enough to make them share today the information they all were hiding?

Only time would tell.

Mawile is dead. He was Ditto, and he was INNOCENT.

The day will last 48~72 hours.

Fire and lightning? Looks like the mafia can and will gang up on the target they choose.

May as well be time to come forward with some more information, since people have started dying. One of my powers is to scan two people and find out what Pokemon they were.

My results were:
N0: Keldeo is Dragonite, Mawile is(was) Ditto
N1: VM is Shedinja, Dazel is Raichu

Given that Mawile was partly killed by "an intense and sudden fire", that sounds like something along the lines of Flamethrower or Fire Blast was at least partly involved. Blissey, Dragonite, and Slaking are the only three Pokemon in our game that can learn any damaging Fire-type move except Fire Punch (which Ampharos and Miltank can also learn).

Since Dragonite is the only one of those likely candidates whose identity we know, I think that's where we should start. Keldeo, anything to say?

(The electricity also would implicate Ampharos, Rotom and/or Raichu, but since we don't know the identities of the former two and Raichu/Dazel has been cleared by an alleged inspector, I think we don't have to pursue that route until we reach a dead end or have reason to doubt VM's veracity. Speaking of which, VM, any more results?)

Oh, and I forgot to mention this, but my health is down a little. I cautiously expect to be able to survive another night, but it may get dicey if I get double-teamed like Mawile appears to have been.

I didn't inspect anyone last night. I used Grudge, which would disable the attacking moves of anyone who tried to attack me last night if I was killed. I figured I would be a likely target since I was the only one to claim inspecting powers.

Speaking of which, I really wish you didn't out me as Shedinja...

I am indeed Dragonite, and my moves are Fly, Roost, Outrage, and Dragon Tail. I've been wary of using the second two because of their effects (Outrage targets randomly and Dragon Tail is a redirector) and I haven't been taking hits so Roost was useless. Fly lets me figure out what species another Pokemon is - n0, I inspected Mawile and found that he was Shedinja (so he must have transformed into VM; whatever the electricity attack was, since he was described as having a den here and the Pokemon hit with electricity on n0 had a den too, wouldn't have done anything because of Wonder Guard, which could explain the lack of damage on everyone). n1, I inspected VM and found he was also Shedinja. Given that he found that Mawile was Ditto n0 while I found that Mawile was Shedinja using the same type of power, I'm inclined to be suspicious of Jack, but it seems you're telling the truth about having some sort of scanning power (which doesn't rule out the possibility that you're mafia, of course) and I'd like to see what you have to say for yourself before I act.

Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions and not thinking all the way through (I am prone to that), but I am actually still pretty inclined to be suspicious of you for the following reasons.
  • I can scan two people while you claim to only be able to scan one, although this may be explained by the fact that your scanning move is Fly and mine is Flash
  • All of the people you claim to have scanned are people whose identities are already publicly known (Mawile because of the death, VM because he admitted it after I outed him), whereas I have outed VM who has corroborated me, as well as Dazel who I invite to confirm/deny himself as Raichu
  • The different results on Mawile sound suspicious and the only ways I can think to explain it other than you lying are base speed (which would not hold, since both my 'mon and Dragonite are faster than Ditto) or that Fly, being a two-turn move, is delayed somehow and got its results after Mawile transformed whereas I got mine before
I'm still not suspicious enough to start a lynch vote because inforoles are too useful to risk lynching in a situation like this where it's plausible that we just have multiple inforoles that don't quite work the same way (since too many inforoles has consistently been pointed out as a pro-town-biased flaw in previous Realistic Pokemafias), but let's see what others have to say.

I would prefer not to admit my Pokemon for obvious reasons, but my powers are 1) one I can best describe as sort of jailkeeper-ish — I protect my target, but everything aimed at them hits me instead; 2) the aforementioned Flash, which scans 2 people to discover their Pokemon; 3) a power that redirects my target's night action toward me; and 4) a damaging move.

Nothing happened to me other than my item was taken. It wasn't very good though. It was a Ring Target

Early in the day, there was some discussion, but again the pokémon refused to go any further, instead choosing to rest on their assumptions rather than try to really figure much out. And so the rest of the day passed in silence; and by the time night fell, everyone simply departed for their homes, with a suspicious apathy.

Who would the Pokémafia kill tonight?

No one was lynched.

The Night will last 48~72 hours.

No one, it turned out. They didn't kill anybody. Sure, hopeandjoy was dead, but it seemed to be from natural means. When they found the Blissey's body, it seemed like she had used all of her energy to focus on someone else. There were huge footprints near the body, as if someone had come afterwards to survey the damage, but not a single sign of harm was present.

But that didn't change the fact that another one of them was dead. Progress had to be made somehow. And so the day began.

hopeandjoy is dead. She was Blissey, and she was INNOCENT.

The day will last at least 48~72 hours.

Sounds like she used Healing Wish. I hope it's a delayed revive or something, since it probably wasn't worth it for a one-time heal.

Sounds like she used Healing Wish. I hope it's a delayed revive or something, since it probably wasn't worth it for a one-time heal.

I was about to wonder how the hell that could have happened, but this makes more sense than anything else I can think of.

I used my bodyguard power to protect Superbird since I figured he was a likely target and his inspection power is more important than my flavor-scanning power. But I didn't get hit with any damaging moves, presumably, since my HP hasn't lowered.

Sorry, not Superbird. VM. I'm tired and I'm typing this on mobile on the bus back to my hotel from the Disney World park. I'm really tired, sorry.

Someone either targetted hope after she died or was a Coroner or Grave digger role. Unless that part of the flavor is irrelevant

Once again, there were a few words of discussion near the beginning of the day, but past that, no one spoke until sunset.

No one was lynched.

The night will last at least 72 hours.

Back
Top Bottom