• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Friend Safari 2.0

Cynder:
Yeah, they really should, but thing with sorting Pokemon by type is that some types have more pokemon than others, so when sorting, if I had a dual type, the type with less pokemon in it is where it gets sorted... in most cases. It's really confusing, honestly, so if you ever open up a zone, I recommend not sorting by type. And yeah, so far it's $9. Don't worry about paying it; I'll take care of it.

Grinning back as the Corsola, you get back up to the ledge, walk over to the Corsola, and hold your Safari Ball out. It taps the button with a grin, and is caught. You smile, and decide to deposit these newfound Pokemon in your PC. Getting back down the mountain, you head back towards the lobby. Once you get back, you pay the receptionist the proper amount, and promise you'll be back soon.

ILS:
Passing by the Chingling, you continue onwards on this vast plain until, appearing in front of you from seemingly out of nowhere is a female GothitaGothita, about 20 feet in front of you.

What do you do?

Safari Balls remaining:1
Caught Pokemon:Cleffa (Male), Spritzee (Male), Togetic (male), Clefairy (Female), Jigglypuff (Female), Swirlix (Male), Mime Jr. (Male), Kirlia (Female), Elgyem (Male)
Obtained Items:None
Partner Pokemon:Blastoise

Alright, I'm back. I had 3 Safari Balls left, right?
I'll switch my partner to Anorith, and enter the Water Area.

Cynder:
Grabbing your Anorith, you rush back to the main lobby, where the receptionist greets you and hands you your 3 safari balls. You wish her a good day, and hop on the trolley to the water type zone.

Stepping out, you nearly step into some mud, but pull your foot back at the last second. You then step on the dock, and look around. There's a giant body of water, with small patches of shore around it. It looks to get deeper the farther out it goes. At the end of the dock you're on, there's a shack, which appears to hold kayaks and scuba gear. You're about to grab one when a jet of water hits you for the third time today (and the first time it hasn't been on a mountain). It's a FloatzelFloatzel, trying and failing to look innocent.

What do you do? Do you take the kayak or the wetsuit?

Safari Balls remaining:3
Caught Pokemon:None
Partner Pokemon:Anorith

(Quick note about the kayak/wetsuit situation: the kayak let's you go on top of the water and the wetsuit let's you go below. That sounds pretty obvious, but if you have the wetsuit, pokemon that are more likely to be undersea will be found, like Remoraid and Magikarp, while the kayak let's you find surface water dwellers, like Bidoof and Panpour. You'll still be able to find, say, Remoraid while in a kayak, it'll just be rarer.)

ILS:
Moving forward, you notice a strange purple figure out of the corner of your eye. You turn to face it, but nothing's there. You turn back around, ready to keep moving, when you see it staring up at you with big wide eyes. It's a male EspeonEspeon, looking rather curious.

What do you do?

Caught Pokemon:Cleffa (Male), Spritzee (Male), Togetic (male), Clefairy (Female), Jigglypuff (Female), Swirlix (Male), Mime Jr. (Male), Kirlia (Female), Elgyem (Male)

Cynder:
Everything that you pay for is mentioned in the first post: this is just flavor.

Having quite enough of getting blasted with water, you walk inside the shack and grab a wetsuit and oxygen tanks for you and Anorith, and dive in. Below the water, it's sand and shells, with the occasional seaweed patch. You decide you'd rather see farther out, so you start swimming toward the deep end of the water body when you spot a male MagikarpMagikarp, swimming about aimlessly.

What do you do?

(One thing I forgot to mention about the kayak/wetsuit thing is that you can switch between the two at any time.)

ILS:
Eyes widening with happiness, you kneel down and hold out your final safari ball. The Espeon grins, and taps the ball with its front paw. Realizing that you have no Safari balls left, you make a quick pit stop to grab another one at the lobby. Once you arrive, you hand the receptionist $2, and she hands you your new Safari Ball.

Returning from the lobby with your new Safari Ball, you suddenly get a strange feeling of deja vu. That feeling is later proven to be right when you step out of the trolley and are ambushed (again), this time by a female WynautWynaut, jumping straight at you.

What do you do?

Caught Pokemon:Cleffa (Male), Spritzee (Male), Togetic (male), Clefairy (Female), Jigglypuff (Female), Swirlix (Male), Mime Jr. (Male), Kirlia (Female), Elgyem (Male), Espeon (Male)

Sorry for not posting yesterday; had a crazy day.
Cynder:
Without giving a second glance at the Magikarp, you continue swimming outward. Along the way, you see less sand and seaweed and more shells and even coral. All of a sudden, you see a male WartortleWartortle swim up along side you, grinning as it passes you.

What do you do?

ILS:
Ducking to avoid the Wynaut flying at you, you continue on, deciding to go more to your left this time around. Suddenly, you see a weird figure hovering in the distance. Slightly creeped out, you go to check it out, and upon getting closer, you see it's a female EspurrEspurr, who smiles at you once it sees you.

What do you do?

Caught Pokemon:Cleffa (Male), Spritzee (Male), Togetic (male), Clefairy (Female), Jigglypuff (Female), Swirlix (Male), Mime Jr. (Male), Kirlia (Female), Elgyem (Male), Espeon (Male)

Pass

I haven't been on much recently, either. I'll try to post in Shadows today, though.

EDIT: +1 ball,please

Cynder:
You smile back at the Wartortle, and then he veers off to the left, and you continue outward. You then resurface, and pull out a buzzer that the receptionist gave you. You press the button, and a strange contraption that looks like a vending machine with a propeller. You see a slot that says "INSERT $2 FOR SAFARI BALL". You do just that, and a safari ball comes out, as promised. Satisfied, you continue on.

You've been swimming then for about 3 minutes, and haven't seen anything when you hear a splash. It's a male PoliwhirlPoliwhirl, diving down to get some exercise.

What do you do?

ILS:
What are you talking about?

You see the Espurr, and intrigued by it, you show it the ball. Still smiling, it taps the ball, and is caught. You then press your PokéBuzzer, and the vending contraption flies up. You insert $2, and the machine drops out a safari ball. It flies away, and you continue on. All of a sudden, a strange gray figure seemingly flies over your head in the direction you came from. A bit surprised, you turn to see it land, and realize it's actually a female SpoinkSpoink with a very large leap.

What do you do?

(Sorry about the plot hole with the buzzer and how it seemingly appeared; it was just too much trouble to have you go back to the lobby every time you needed another safari ball)

ILS:
A bit rattled after that, you decide to trudge on in this strange dream-land. You suddenly come upon a small forest... if forests had pink trees that seemed to distort as you walked past them. Pretty freaked out at this point, you can barely stop yourself from running and panicking when everything around you suddenly seems to be darker then it was before. Looking up nervously, you breath a sigh of relief when you see you're just in the shadow of a female XatuXatu flying overhead.

What do you do?

ILS:
Getting yourself together, you lob the Safari Ball upward. It proved to be a lucky shot, and you have now gained yourself a Xatu. Deciding you've had enough, you turn to head back... and realize you don't know where the trolley is. Trying to stop from losing your head, you decide to call over PokeVend (Yep, it has a name now) via your handy-dandy buzzer. It comes flying up, and you see a button on it reading "PRESS HERE FOR ASSISTANCE". 15 minutes later, after an annoying automated voice listed off options that you could choose by hitting buttons, you finally got what you need. The PokeVend began flying off in one direction, and you followed behind it until you reached the trolley.

Arriving back at the lobby with your bounty, the receptionist grins and says "Well! That's a nice lot of Pokemon, you must have had some luck! That'll be $13" You pay the receptionist the required amount, and head on your way. "Have a great day, and please come back soon!" she yells after you, as you turn your head around and wave back at her, and exit the building.

Cynder:
Ignoring the Poliwhirl, you swim forward. Suddenly, your Anorith nudges you on the shoulder. Its a StaryuStaryu, walking moving along the seabed. (How would you describe a Strayus movements?)

What do you do?

Pass

In the anime, Misty's Starmie usually hops, but that's when it moves on land. I think. It's been a while since I watched the first season, so I have another thing to add to the list of things to do.

Last edited:
Cynder:
Hmm.. Hopping is technically accurate, but I really want to do "endlessly cartwheeling"

You watch the Staryu endlessly cartwheel hop into the distance, almost mesmerized by it, until you snap out of it and move on. You are about to swim forward when a dark blue blur passes by very quick in front of you. Transfixed by it, you watch it swim with so much speed. When it stops, you realize you are staring at a male FrogadierFrogadier, going for a light swim and having a blast.

What do you do?

(5 out of the 6 encounters you've had in this zone have been uncommons. Whats your secret?)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom