• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Silly Bandz

this reminds me of the fad a while ago (4~5 years ago?) when everyone wore these charity rubber bands (Make Poverty History was the most popular one, iirc). people would have ten bands on a arm and not know what the fuck they were supposed to be supporting.

this is the exact same nonsense but without even the slightest pretence of charitable goodwill.

Sad, isn't it? But I totally think this is a plot from the government because they need the money circulating in the economy here.

this reminds me of the fad a while ago (4~5 years ago?) when everyone wore these charity rubber bands (Make Poverty History was the most popular one, iirc). people would have ten bands on a arm and not know what the fuck they were supposed to be supporting.

this is the exact same nonsense but without even the slightest pretence of charitable goodwill.

Heh... they got banned at my primary school (which was over seven years ago).

Man, you USA people are tardy. And nothing will ever beat the hype cult that was... scoobies. By the time I tried to figure out what they were by observing my sister's enormous collection though, they'd gone out of fashion. :(

Heh... they got banned at my primary school (which was over seven years ago).

Man, you USA people are tardy. And nothing will ever beat the hype cult that was... scoobies. By the time I tried to figure out what they were by observing my sister's enormous collection though, they'd gone out of fashion. :(
oh yeah, they're older than I thought. I'm ageing prematurely. :(

and scoobies were the most retarded thing ever. literally it was just bloody bits of string. at least Pokemon cards had pretty artwork on them.

Now see, I've never seen scoobies before in my life until I Googled it. And they look pretty dumb too. Same as Silly Bands. The hilarious thing is that they already have bootlegs :D

Wow, I've been seeing an asston of these around. I was pretty much like Blastoise and figured it was some local thing.

Everybody has some but me, nobody will share, and I don't know where to get them. It's not like I don't have enough garbage I haven't touched since the day I got them anyway, though.

edit: my cousins and aunt make scoobies still. I had no idea what they were. Kinda makes me think of the keychains in Napoleon Dynamite.

And here every kid at school says I'm the insane one when they're collecting rubber bands.

IN AMERICA.

My mom bought me some. Why? I said they were "in" at the moment.

But hey! Now I shalt be considered cool for once ='D

Ha, I have a giraffe. :D I really like the drum set, pizza, smoothie, and dinosaur. (I feel like a little kid now, but whatever.)
I didn't see one until January, but now everyone's got them, and there's a freaking gazillion of them at CVS. I need more, I think.

I think there are still people here who wear those livestrong/etc bracelets and sex bracelets, but that's it. Is this a middle school thing?
omg, I so remember those. My dad cycled, so he got me to wear a Livestrong one, and then a month or so later everyone started to rip them off. And sex bracelets. Don't even get me started. Fucking /everyone/ wore those things, and I'd try to snap the black ones(the ones that meant "I want to fuck you") on people. It was entertaining, to say the least.

Oh, jelly bracelets? One of my friends has and wears at least 50, and 25 are black... :/

People still wear those thick rubbery bands here that used to be for charities but have random things on them and they've been around since I started highschool. I haven't seen silly bandz in australia (which actually look vaguely cool, too, not like the thick rubber bracelets which look ugly to me). We had scoobies too but they weren't hugely big and they weren't called scoobies. You used to be able to buy packets of 200 sex bands in all different colours for like $2 here, and they were popular for a while. I wore all of mine and was completely ignorant of which colour meant what.

And here every kid at school says I'm the insane one when they're collecting rubber bands.

IN AMERICA.

Dude, we're all insane here in America. The next thing you know, people are going to carry around some stupid thing like scissor keychains. Who knows?

Dude, we're all insane here in America. The next thing you know, people are going to carry around some stupid thing like scissor keychains. Who knows?

I'd actually get some scissor keychains, as I'm often in need of scissors these days since I can't chew things open with braces.

I'd never heard of these till my sisters starting getting them from their friends at school, and then asked me to order some for them on ebay.. Heh. My friend came in town a few weeks ago and gave me two, a seahorse and a seal. No clue where the seahorse is, but one of my ferrets chewed and broke the seal yesterday... Oh well.

Back
Top Bottom