• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

NaNoWriMo 2010

Can't start yet because of school and shit. Dx Oh well I have this afternoon to work with. 8D

Crazy Linoone: bahaha I love it when that happens. two years ago I did that and it turned out well. x3

Blargh, my parents were working and school made it so I couldn't stay up to write once it hit midnight. :/ So I'm starting now.

I wrote a little after midnight and I've been writing on-and-off for the past hour or so, and I'm at around 1,700 words right now. Since I'm a bit ill and in the middle of nowhere in Portugal, I think I'll be able to get more done over the day.
Since I have a week off I'm going to try and do as much as possible now so that I can chill out a little during the month, haha. My mother wants me to read my day's work to her which is nice, and she's pretty straightforward so if it's shitty she'll tell me :'D

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE YEAAAAAAAAAH i am also adding everyone who added me btw of course <3

I'm doing it.

There's a Pokemon fanfiction I've been meaning to write; the plot is fairly structured and outlined well enough that I could churn through it if I really wanted to. I think I'll choose this over the slice-of-life story I sketched out yesterday- I really want to write this story.

Starting fairly soon.

My username on the site is kaohsuchien, add me :O

NaNo is frustrating me with site-lag >.<...Doesn't really matter, though, I have nothing to update XD wordcount 0/100,000. Yes, I'm going for 100,000. Yes I haven't even started. XD

My wordcount is now 2040! Hoorah! That's after about two hours of writing maybe, so I think it's safe to take a nap now. I mean, sure it's five pm, but naps are awesome and I've finished the first chapter and my my wordcount.

I FINISHED MY DAILY WRITING IN LESS THAN AN HOUR but of course nano site is slow :(

EDIT: it's currently 1716

Last edited:
Ahsjdhajfh the site won't looooaaaad D:

Aaaanyway my name on there is Elliekat too! Yay!

I finished my prologue/blatant exposition during school, so I'm going to type it up later. My friend and I are having a competition to see who can win first!

I've got 1,015 so far! Would've done more last night, but I was dead tired and my head was being horrible. Too bad that stupid website won't... load for me at all. So I can't actually update it. But I'm getting closer! Finished the first segment too! (I always write my stories with "segments" rather than "chapters." It's pretty much the same thing, just with a different name. A stylistic quirk of mine.)

Wrote a one page prologue last night and finished chapter one a little bit ago. I've got 1699, so I guess I'll stop for today. I'm making it my goal to write at least one chapter a day, each with a minimum 1667 words (not counting the first one thanks to the aforementioned prologue). Hopefully I won't bomb it like last year.

All of my chapters are going to be roughly 2000 words long, so in theory if I write a chapter a day I'll be done early. It's doubtful that that's going to happen, mind you, because I have to go out tomorrow and then I've got coursework due in as well as a lab report and a bunch of other stuff, but we'll see how it goes. I'm going to make a start on chapter two right now for an hour before I head off to bed so that should add some much-needed words.

I'm up to 1,867 buuut the site's crashed and I cannot update my wordcount. :c

Suppose I could be using this crashtime to figure out where to go next? I've introduced the three characters I had and a few more bloomed out of the floor, just have to figure out who to go after first.

Current pros: I roped several friends into it this year and they've all gone into a bit of a NaNo frenzy, this is good.
Cons: very busy this week (Thursday evening/night I'm actually sleeping outside in a box? I may take a notebook and torch, no-one will be sleeping anyway), hopefully will manage to keep some momentum.

Edit: I take it back, they got the site back up. Slow, but up!

Current pros: I roped several friends into it this year and they've all gone into a bit of a NaNo frenzy, this is good.

Haha, this is so me. Just about all of my friends are good writers. You think it'd be easy. Or something.

Friend 1: Maybe I should get started on this.
Me: Yeah, wouldn't be a terrible idea.

Friend 2: HAPPY NANOWRIMO!
Me: Does this mean you're participating this year?
Friend 2: *deep breath* Yep.

1674 words for me, though its kinda not showing up in my signature. I'm still working on it while I'm watching tv, so that way I get a little bit more done ahead of time.

EDIT: Well now its showing up.

Back
Top Bottom