• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Homosexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's funny that this is a debate.

Why?
Because the people who say homosexuality is wrong usually turn around and say the world is overpopulated, there isn't enough food, and they need to go feed the poor starving children of Africa.

I feel that I should inform the world of something: In a homosexual relationship, there is almost invariably no new child. You could have sex (or almost sex or whatever) and there would be no risk of getting pregnant. (You don't even have to spend money on condoms.)

I like homosexual people. (And not necessarily like that. Not all of them, anyway.) Why? Because they are, in general, not only tolerant, but accepting of all of us bigoted Christian freaks.

(P.S. The Bible says nothing about lesbianism.)
(I checked.)
(Twice.)

Last edited:
There would be little or no risk of STDs (unless you're talking about pubic lice).

uh, what? chlamydia, herpes, gonorrhea? there's plenty risk of STDs. o.o especially with herpes, because you don't even need to have sex to catch that (and iirc, chlamydia's the same, too).

(You don't even have to spend money on condoms.) There would be little or no risk of STDs (unless you're talking about pubic lice).
quoted for untrue

I like homosexual people. (And not necessarily like that. Not all of them, anyway.) Why? Because they are, in general, not only tolerant, but accepting of all of us bigoted Christian freaks.
I've known plenty of assholes who were not-straight
I don't get it when people say they love gay people
buuut you said in general so everything's fine here

civil union = separate-but-equal = unconstitutional (in us), but it's still ok to do it anyway because they're gay and not black

can anybody explain the logic behind forbidding gays to openly serve in the military? like i at least understand the incredibly flawed logic behind why they, in some places, can't donate blood (THEY'LL GIVE IT AIDS), or adopt (KIDS NEED MOMMY + DADDY IT DOESNT WORK), or marry (GOD SAYS NO), but i legit have no idea what the flawed reason even is behind why they can't serve in the military (they might think that middle eastern guys are sexy and... switch sides.. or something?). can anyone please explain to me why anyone ever opposes the right of gays to serve in the military? because i seriously don't get it

I was trying to figure that out yesterday as well.

I'm thinking maybe cause some idiot homophobe's afraid of getting hit on/raped by a guy while on duty.

That one seems to be "THE SOLDIERS OF THE SAME SEX SHOWER TOGETHER AND THE WORLD WILL IMPLODE IF A GAY GUY SEES A STRAIGHT GUY'S WEENIE". That and they sleep in the same rooms, and since all homos are ravaging sex addicts, someone's definitely gonna get raped.

Doesn't surprise me - under the law, they're still male until they get their naughty bits changed over. Not really fair :/

i would use the existence of nudity laws as an example of why nudity laws are retarded

What I am about to say could become very confusing.

I will first say that I am straight so there's no confusion/BS about it.

Anyways, As long as people are happy with who they choose to spend their lives with, then I could care less. I just dont want any guy to propose to me.

Biblically, marriage is between a man and a woman. So a "gay wedding" is...just doesn't seem right. They (gays) could have a non-religious ceremony celebrating their living together. I think the "marriage" should be recognized on Life Insurance policies, but being able to be quote-on-quote "married" in all states in the US...I dunno.

The Bible is only one of many ways to define a marriage - Japan has marriage and it's not based on the Bible.

Biblically, marriage is between a man and a woman. So a "gay wedding" is...just doesn't seem right. They (gays) could have a non-religious ceremony celebrating their living together. I think the "marriage" should be recognized on Life Insurance policies, but being able to be quote-on-quote "married" in all states in the US...I dunno.

Technically marriage was always a civil ceremony, Christianity just decided to say "IF YOU GET MARRIED IT HAS TO BE BLESSED BY THE CHURCH OR GOD DOESN'T RECOGNIZE IT" because the Church is weird.

thus the Church has no right to say that marriage is only between a man and a woman.

(also really what's the likelihood of a random guy proposing to you?)

Anyways, As long as people are happy with who they choose to spend their lives with, then I could care less. I just dont want any guy to propose to me.

Agreeing with Flora on this. Do you really expect a random gay male to walk up to you and propose? It's just as likely (In fact significantly less) as a random straight woman doing that. As in, uh, not likely at all.

Seriously, people seem to have this coded perception that gay people automatically WILL randomly ask out/attempt to seduce/rape anybody of their preferred gender that they see. It doesn't work like that, sorry.

Seriously, people seem to have this coded perception that gay people automatically WILL randomly ask out/attempt to seduce/rape anybody of their preferred gender that they see. It doesn't work like that, sorry.

I'm thinking it has to do with the fact that the "normal" thing to be is straight, and you specifically have to tell someone that you're not straight in order for them to think you're not straight. Since you already went out of your way to let people know you're not straight, perhaps they believe that you're going to go out of your way to do not-straight things.

:/

I don't think there's any real rhyme or reason to it. It was probably just someone who was told homosexuality is bad who did everything they could to demonize it. So then the bouncy valley-girl monsters were born who have no self control and try to rape everything they see. And for some odd reason the world likes them better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom