• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon X/Y

How would dual type attacks even work? Like, say that they are just some gimmicky moves like the Pledges and it's a system overhaul. If Blaze Kick, for example, becomes Fire/Fighting and I use it against a Rock/Ground type, how will that work? Become neutral damage? How can one keep track of all of this?

But it does seem that this source is getting more and more legitimate, so I guess I need to accustom myself to the idea.

...I simultaneously love this and also hate it.

...I'll adjust, I'm sure. At the very least, it'd be nice to see a fairy-type Mawile. Maybe it'd make the poor thing more usable.

993533_468227383263554_426731853_n.jpg

I like those very much. Speculate.

ETA: Thoughts on Pokémon Amie?

Last edited:
I'm going to pet my Fennikin and feed it Poffins AND WE ARE GOING TO BE BEST FRIENDS FOREVER EEEEEEEE

(I could never do a nuzlocke...)

Pokemon Amie looks interesting. The trailer implies it'll raise friendship, and if that's the case it will certainly make easier (or at least more fun) to trigger friendship evolutions than before.

The trailer also has a blink-and-you'll-miss-it shot of the male trailer throwing a Pokeball to send out his Pokemon. I was afraid it would be like in stadium where the Pokeball appears out of nowhere, based on the camera angles and the fact that the trainers overworld model couldn't be put in battle without looking awkward. That's probably just me, though.

Also the butterfly is adorable:love:

This is the second time I've heard of "Fairy" being a type. The first was all the way back in 8th grade when some kid misinterpreted the newly-released information about Snubbull and thought its Pokédex classification ("Fairy") was actually its type. I thought for sure they'd never actually make a Fairy type...

At least it could be worse. They could've gone full-blown "lame fan-made Pokémon mode" and added in a Light type instead.

Fairy is probably a better concept for a type than Dragon or Dark I guess... at least they probably thought it out somewhat, rather than it being a last-minute addition tacked on after everything else (Dragon) or a type that makes little to no sense and only exists to balance out an overpowering one from the previous set (Dark.)

...though, now that I think about it... being strong against Dragon (especially how that was the only one of its type relations mentioned in the trailer) makes it sound suspiciously like it could be just like Dark in the "only exists to balance out this overpowered type" sense. Bleh. At least there's a chance it might have a well-thought-out set of weaknesses/resistances (beats Dragon because magical stuff traditionally works better on dragons than non-magical stuff, weak to Steel because fairies traditionally don't do so well around metal, etc.), so it might be better than Dark even if it is an "only exists to balance out dragons" type. It's still pretty bad, though.

I like the new Pokémon. Bat dragon! I wonder if it will have a pre-evolution that's ubiquitous in caves.

The butterfly is a bit reminiscent of Butterfree and when I first saw it I was hoping it would be Bug/Fairy rather than Bug/Flying, but I still like it. The position of the legs keeps weirding me out, though.

Pokémon-amie looks pretty cute. Not much to say about it, really.

FnrrfYgmSchnish said:
Fairy is probably a better concept for a type than Dragon or Dark I guess... at least they probably thought it out somewhat, rather than it being a last-minute addition tacked on after everything else (Dragon) or a type that makes little to no sense and only exists to balance out an overpowering one from the previous set (Dark.)

...though, now that I think about it... being strong against Dragon (especially how that was the only one of its type relations mentioned in the trailer) makes it sound suspiciously like it could be just like Dark in the "only exists to balance out this overpowered type" sense. Bleh. At least there's a chance it might have a well-thought-out set of weaknesses/resistances (beats Dragon because magical stuff traditionally works better on dragons than non-magical stuff, weak to Steel because fairies traditionally don't do so well around metal, etc.), so it might be better than Dark even if it is an "only exists to balance out dragons" type. It's still pretty bad, though.
There were leaks about a Fairy-type a while ago from a source that predicted a whole bunch of things and is highly likely to be accurate; they said that Fairy is super effective against Dragon and Dark, immune to Dragon, weak to Steel and Poison, and not very effective against Fire.

Last edited:
I like the new Pokémon. Bat dragon! I wonder if it will have a pre-evolution that's ubiquitous in caves.

The butterfly is a bit reminiscent of Butterfree and when I first saw it I was hoping it would be Bug/Fairy rather than Bug/Flying, but I still like it. The position of the legs keeps weirding me out, though.

if by weirded out you mean every time you look at it you think its a dick, then me too
ETA: is Pokémon-Amie a pun?

I'm going to be best friends with Arceus, man. Who's a good doggy-woggy-creator-of-the-universey, oooh yes you are!!

noivern looks really cool man
also Pokemon-Amie looks really fun too
(here's the trailer talking about all this stuff http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmywDbnC5oc )
Noivern is like. My new favorite. Rayven being Rayven was ranting about how "epic" Vivillon was. Uh

Also, I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but in the part where the Electric-Type thing (I forget the name) popped up, the message is, "Whoa! The _____ that you stepped on attacked!"

What could that mean?

those are pretty funny looking pokemon, but its neat that the sky battles are probably official! (also hi haunter)
and a german speaking lady is pretty darn cool

It's still pretty bad, though.

why is it bad! what makes a "good" type! I mean, "fire"? "dark"? both ice and water? why are other types great? I mean, maybe you want things to feel more like elements or constituents?? but uhhhhh dragon is at least more interesting than "a natural phenomenon"... what do you want!!

I'm catapulting around the room with excitement for fairy, ehehehehe. I'm overanalysing the reason for mawile not getting a mention, though. is it just not going to be fairy? are they trying to distance themselves from the prediction person for a while?? and maws do kind of fit with gardevoir, marill and jigglypuff, single-types that feel like they're not missing something anymore............ keep me updated game freak......

The new bat Pokémon is awesome. I saw a lot of fanart of it chilling with Zubat, Swoobat and the rest of the bat crew, but I thought it was a fakemon. I was pretty stoked when I realised it was real.

Not interested in the butterfly, and the placement of the legs kinda weirds me out too. They look like they were tacked on haphazardly or something. It looks better in the trailer though, I think.

Pokémon Amie - YES, GOOD. I fully support anything that allows you to interact with or personalize your Pokémon. I enjoy getting attached to my little pixels.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom