• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

My site and forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: rudeness

a spade is a spade. It's one thing for Terry to have an amateur website, but it's another thing to go around proclaiming himself as the Coolest Person Ever and forcing people to look at his mug every time they visit the forum, not to mention the way he treats his members.

Like the good Sir Newton would have it, every action has a reaction. He cannot treat people like shit and expect us to sugarcoat everything we say to him. It's not bullying, it's being frank.

You have to understand that there is a social layer to any establishment that involves interaction, i.e. a website or forum, or even a physical thing like a store. He could have the best website ever, but if he acted like an uptight dick, it would be all for naught. The color scheme of his forum and the design of his site is only one layer of the entire presentation. I don't even care how the guy looks. The point is, he should not be acting like he shits lasers out of his ass, because he does not.

words go here

You should also understand that no matter how frank you think you are being, it's all for naught if he ignores it (of course, I know that he might not listen even if someone was sweetly pointing out each flaw, but that's another problem). Being a jerk is not cancelled out by someone else being a jerk.

Going "oh god this is the worst website I've ever seen" or "your face is horrible to look at" or "I'm not even gonna bother with this crap" doesn't help anybody. I'm just saying that there is a way to address someone being an ass without being an ass yourself.

I just saw the posts on Terry's forum. I know that Terry's attitude isn't pleasant in the least, and I would reccommend that he should not have a forum until he can be a less dictator-like admin.

To be honest, I love that picture of him that he has on the forum listing. It's so completely bizarre, unexpected, unnecessary, and out-of-place that it's awesome.

EDIT: also, #100, note that people (from here? I would not be surprised) are trolling the hell out of his forum which is completely cruel and uncalled for. If it's someone here, then whoever it is, just stop. You're not cool or funny.

It could be people from here, but it seems he spammed advertised his link at other places too.

It is uncalled for, which is why I don't take part in any of it.

This thread is just sad, in more ways than one. Those of you claiming to be critics, and that your vitriol is justified because Terry is full of himself, are not exactly helping matters by being assholes. It is entirely possible to bring up these issues without stooping to flaming. In addition, what is even the point of posting in this thread in the first place, especially if you think Terry's trolling? Why are you feeding him, especially when it's clear from your past attempts that these sorts of posts are totally ineffective?

I'm going to close this now since I don't see anything good coming of it. Terry, some valid points have been made in this thread, and I suggest you consider them before trying to post in this forum again. To those of you causing trouble, grow up, especially if you're honestly going to troll Terry's forums. All that does is reflect poorly on you and this forum community.

For the record, I feel that Number 100's first post in this thread is appropriate in terms of criticism; it's not the best review ever, but it is at least useful and not outright insulting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom