• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Suggestions Dead Artist walking - Kai's art thread.

Banksy_by_Kai_Lucifer.png

Inspired by Banksy.

jesus I haven't updated in a while.
Kinova_by_Kai_Lucifer.png

For Kinova's Birthday.

Solid_Snake_by_Kai_Lucifer.png

Snake again. More serious than last time, yet less manly.

Ice_the_cat__by_Kai_Lucifer.png

Art trade with Ice.

Ivan_the_nurse_from_hell__by_Kai_Lucifer.png

And a new OC or something.

I quite like that Banksy one. It's nice~ The mouth especially, quite realistic-looking. Good colours as well.

Cake's present is cute. =3 I like the colours of it, particularly how the light pink background seems to match well with Blaziken. And the eyes are cute~

As well as Snake and the others. The style's great - although it could use a bit more shading. Not sure if you intentionally left stuff unshaded, but yeah~ Ice's is another one where I really like the background. It's simple, yet matches the colours of the subject effectively. Also astonished how the edges are lined paper.

The OC guy's adorable! I love the blond hair~

I quite like that Banksy one. It's nice~ The mouth especially, quite realistic-looking. Good colours as well.
Thanks. I used a photo I took previously in the project as a base.

Cake's present is cute. =3 I like the colours of it, particularly how the light pink background seems to match well with Blaziken. And the eyes are cute~
It's actually not shaded like I'd done with other people's birthday art (due to that I was strapped for time), but thanks for that.

As well as Snake and the others. The style's great - although it could use a bit more shading. Not sure if you intentionally left stuff unshaded, but yeah~ Ice's is another one where I really like the background. It's simple, yet matches the colours of the subject effectively. Also astonished how the edges are lined paper.
I'd like to say that it's intentionally unshaded but it's probably due to my laziness. :P And thanks.

The OC guy's adorable! I love the blond hair~
He aught to be in a small webcomic or something soon with a whole bunch of others.

(linked for hugenormous image) HGSS Trainer KAI would like to battle.

Last edited:
Ooh, very nice. ^^ I like the way Feraligator's drawn. Looks nice~ Although the chest looks a bit... small in comparison to the belly. Serious Kai is epic too, just like... so serious. I do like the very clean outlines, not at all sketchy. And the other thing that bothers me is Nidoking's arms... like, they just look a bit weird without any claws.

I can see both of those, I'll keep them in mind next time I draw those two. And thanks again for commenting.

GO_TEAM_HEARTSOUL_by_Kai_Lucifer.png

TEAM POSE!

You're welcome~

As for this next one, well, I love it. The dynamicness of the poses, and their expression. And the way you positioned them... it honestly looks likke it would be on a movie poster or something. Like... Charlies' Angels. Except epic trainers. Kai's coat is awesome. (He kinda reminds me of... Professor Snape. Somehow.) I can't spot too many issues, so instead I will commend you. You seem to possess a mastery of human anatomy which elludes me~

Aww, thank you. I suppose that I can be considered that if it weren't for my inability to draw hands and feet. I try to, though. Haha, Charlies Angels. I suppose it can sorta be considered like that, but I won't spoil anything. C:

This I drew as part of an art trade with Zarla, author of the "Les Enfents Terribles" comics:
Zarla_by_Kai_Lucifer.png

O hey there.
Crazy_by_Kai_Lucifer.png

Those of you who were in the OSers should remember this. Lineart done by Crazy Linoone.
EPIC_RAINBOW_POWER_by_Kai_Lucifer.png

For Dannichu's Birthday, if it wasn't obvious enough.
Blaine_and_Mewtwo_by_Kai_Lucifer.png

THIS TOOK ME THREE DAYS WHEN I SHOULD HAVE BEEN DOING HOMEWORK AND EXAM REVISION WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?

Blaine_and_Mewtwo_by_Kai_Lucifer.png

THIS TOOK ME THREE DAYS WHEN I SHOULD HAVE BEEN DOING HOMEWORK AND EXAM REVISION WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?

I meant to comment on this when you uploaded it, but I was sort of busy at the time and I ended up forgetting D:

Anyway, I really like the angle and the smoke/energy effects. I really wish I could do that.

The scene was actually from the Pokemon Special Manga, but to get the smoke/energy effect, I made a secondary lineart and base colour layer.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom