• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

A return from the dead

Tarvosita

Pronoun
she
Hiya guys!

I haven't been around here in a long time, and I decided to login and register to see what this community is up to after all these years. I was really active in the 00s, and maybe early 10s, but somehow lost touch with the community since. (Yes, I'm old and ancient and all that, turning 30 this year, woo!) People might remember me under some of my old names such as Altmer or Bulbasaur, but things have seriously changed since then, so I'll re-introduce myself for those who don't know me and aren't ancient enough to recognise who I am.

I'm Joanna, turning 30 in a month, Dutch trans woman deluxe, who used to be a Pogeymanz fanatic in her younger years and spent loads of time here in her teens angsting around, fiddling with Bulbasaurs on ROMS and debating loads of stuff. Used to love Pokemon battling. Tried my hand at fanfics which I was terrible at, did eventually end up writing poems and other stuff, though.

Once upon a time I met some of the mods and even our dear admin when I was in Iceland (this is a long time ago though so some of you will probably even be wondering what happened to me).

Well, I left the community (or was I bored of it, or was there stuff going on, I don't remember anymore, it was eight years ago, so who cares), and in that time I did loads of things like graduate from uni, come out as trans and wave the Pride flag, live in various countries, and eventually return to my homeland of the Netherlands because that's where I'm supposed to live, I think, after all the stuff I went through (including some very bad illnesses that made sure I had to come home).

Now I'm back, just trying to see what this place is like and what has changed in my absence. For those of you who have watched Tales of the City, it's like Mary Ann Singleton coming back to Barbary Lane after all these years. I might be here to stay, I might not, who knows, depends on if you welcome me with open arms.

A good góðan daginn to the admin and a hearty hello to the rest of ye.

Oh, my favourite Pokemon are pretty much all the old ones as I'm ancient and remember playing Red and Blue when they came out, think my favourite pokemon are Bulbasaur and Butterfree. I think Torchic is cute.

Tarvosita

Oh man! Hey! I still remember meeting with you back in the day, thrilled to see you again!

Yeah, I disappeared from the Pokemon world for a long time, I've been um... let's just say I went away to become the very best like no one ever was, and went on a few trips far, far away.

I remember meeting you too. Damn. Now I want to go back to Iceland, but I have no money.

Whoah, good to see you again! It's always nice to hear from people who've been away for a while.

Back
Top Bottom